• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now he's
TEST_full.png

with a tan

Stephanie marriage angle part 2?

Ithil

It's not even "Reigns won", it's the whole thing, Bryan getting dumped out like a jobber halfway through, guys like Ziggler and Ambrose being ragdolled out like they were trash by two old guys, even stuff like Mizdow being in for 10 seconds and doing nothing.
It all screams "tone deaf", where they had no idea how to do anything the crowd wanted.

Jackson50

I wait with bated breath for the Heyman vs Reigns promos. It's the feud we've been clamoring for. Roman Reigns is in the title match at WM...lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Why did they even allow Daniel Bryan to return? I was under the impression things were pointing toward Daniel Bryan needing another surgery and having him gone still would have made this Reigns win go smoother.

Maybe Daniel Bryan knew he needed to come back so this would be Bootista 2.0.

Problem is.

He is rubber dogshit in the ring. A very limited move set, which was well concealed when he was in Shield thanks to Dean and Seth. Watch any of his matches, and find 1 that was decent.

He is horrible on the mic.

He needed at least 1-2 years more under his belt, fine tuning his in ring skills and mic skills. A run with the US or IC title, a strong feud with a very good mid card worker and then make the push.. Its a long game, not the short game. WWE used to play the long game back in the 90s, they built up Austin, and Rock from the ground up, slowly but surely getting them to the breaking point. Then when they were almost there, they had the match to remember.

Austin vs Hart
Rock vs Foley

Thats how you build a star.

I re-call his match with Randy Orton at Summerslam was pretty good.

Purexed

Banned
I seriously think they would have been ok with Rusev winning to be honest. Even the most tolerable city would have done the same thing but not on the extreme caliber like Philly. Reigns is not ready.

Philly would have cheered the fuck out if anyone winning expect Reigns, because he was the favorite. If Reigns isn't ready, Rusev ain't either.

What a difference a year makes though. Last year people were pissed Bautista beat Reigns, and now this year's favorite wins and people are still pissed.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Bo Dallas won the rumble by avoiding the rumble.

Thorakai

I seriously think they would have been ok with Rusev winning to be honest. Even the most tolerable city would have done the same thing but not on the extreme caliber like Philly. Reigns is not ready.

I dont know if it came across on televizikn, but we were cheerimg for Rusev during the Rock run-in

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wait with bated breath for the Heyman vs Reigns promos. It's the feud we've been clamoring for. Roman Reigns is in the title match at WM...lol.

Heyman turns on Brock at WM with Reigns turning heel and winning the title. Nobody has to ever hear Reigns speak again. Win win for everyone

Chamber

love on your sleeve
How about:

- He can't talk
- He can't wrestle
- He has no character
- He relies entirely on superman booking

Am I allowed to not like a shitty performer or do I have to pretend he's secretly not crap when I'm not looking?

This.

Being green as grass is a valid reason to dislike a guy about to headline Wrestlemania. I'm all about young guys getting a push, even Lesnar main eventing Mania kind of pisses me off but this guy simply isn't ready. He's Goldberg minus the charisma and drawing power.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Maybe ryback or swagger will injure reigns before wrestlemania.

Too much?

No, because you are actually wanting what is best for Roman Reigns long term career. An injury could be a blessing. Unlike before, if he's not ready for Mania, they will have to move on.

Of course that means putting the belt back on Cena I guess.

Look at the thread title ffs. We all knew this was coming.
I do agree with this though:
It's not even "Reigns won", it's the whole thing, Bryan getting dumped out like a jobber halfway through, guys like Ziggler and Ambrose being ragdolled out like they were trash by two old guys, even stuff like Mizdow being in for 10 seconds and doing nothing.
It all screams "tone deaf", where they had no idea how to do anything the crowd wanted.
The way it unfolded was worse than anyone could imagine.

Heroman

Banned
Why did they even allow Daniel Bryan to return? I was under the impression things were pointing toward Daniel Bryan needing another surgery and having him gone still would have made this Reigns win go smoother.

Bryan is 100%, he found out what was wrong with him

NYR

So how does a PPV go from that awesome triple threat match, to that fucking Rumble?

And yeah, put me on the Reigns was just pushed too fucking hard too quick train. Crowds don't like to be told who they are going to cheer for. They want to at least have the illusion of the star being a fan favourite.
Wrestle GAF Post of the year. Well said.

Alucard

Banned
Honestly, not really surprised by the results tonight, but I'm kind of surprised by just HOW MUCH they booed Reigns at the end. Not even The Rock could sway them. Just...damn.

Right, everybody hated The Rock and Austin back in the day. You could clearly see it evident on PPV's when they won there respective Royal Rumble's. There were bullshit chants too.

13449094366360fj7o.gif

Well i was watching judgment day 1998 and fans were chanting boring in the kane taker match

Kane should have won this rumble

Purexed

Banned
How about:

- He can't talk
- He can't wrestle
- He has no character
- He relies entirely on superman booking

Am I allowed to not like a shitty performer or do I have to pretend he's secretly not crap when I'm not looking?

Are you talking about Hulk Hogan? If so, I completely agree with you, brother!

Vestal

I re-call his match with Randy Orton at Summerslam was pretty good.

You put him in with a good worker that knows how to make someone look good, and sure he comes out ok. Randy Orton for all the shit he takes, is a solid fucking worker, and can help anyone through a match.

gogosox82

Wow what a terrible finish. Big show and Kane at the end of a rumble in 2015 should not be a thing that's happening. And then Rusev comes out of nowhere and everyone asked all surprised. I think they even announced Reigns as the winner before that. Its like everyone forgot that Rusev was still in it. I think its sad the way tried to drag rock out to get Reigns over(which diddn't work). Its almost like they knew he was going to get booed out of the building so they had rock run out there so there would be some cheers at the end. Kind of feel bad for the guy though. You could tell he was kind of upset from all the booing. Not sure how this is going to work now. Can't really have your face getting booed out of the building leading up to wrestlemania. And he's going to have to cut promos against Heyman now which is just going to make his promos look even worse than they do now.

Philly would have cheered the fuck out if anyone winning expect Reigns, because he was the favorite. If Reigns isn't ready, Rusev ain't either.

What a difference a year makes though. Last year people were pissed Bautista beat Reigns, and now this year's favorite wins and people are still pissed.

Nah cause Reigns is nowhere near ready. Rusev IS. He can work the mic, has tons of moves and can sell.

Doesn't get gassed like Reigns does.

Ithil

Bryan was cleared in November,he found a doctor that fixed his problem. He's completely recovered now. So all the "he could be paralysed any moment, so he can't be the main event" is garbage/

RP912

Banned

Rusev been ready. He put on way better matches and tell a good story compared to Reigns who needs wrestlers to carry him. As far as people being pissed about tista beating Reigns, the crowd didn't care for tista to begin with....

Wow what a terrible finish. Big show and Kane at the end of a rumble in 2015 should not be a thing that's happening. And then Rusev comes out of nowhere and everyone asked all surprised. I think they even announced Reigns as the winner before that. Its like everyone forgot that Rusev was still in it. I think its sad the way tried to drag rock out to get Reigns over(which diddn't work). Its almost like they knew he was going to get booed out of the building so they had rock run out there so there would be some cheers at the end. Kind of feel bad for the guy though. You could tell he was kind of upset from all the booing. Not sure how this is going to work now. Can't really have your face getting booed out of the building leading up to wrestlemania. And he's going to have to cut promos against Heyman now which is just going to make his promos look even worse than they do now.

I didn't get it. Their job was apparently to make every remaining crowd favorite look like a wimp getting tossed out so easily.

I enjoyed the show. I don't want the WWE to give the fans what they want all the time, we got Daniel Bryan's amazing Wrestlemania wins last year. But Reigns winning is just so predictable that it killed the crowd. Which doesn't make it a fun show.

Brock, Cena and Rollins delivered in a big way and that makes up for the Rumble match. DDP + Bubba Ray Dudley returns were the best thing about the Rumble.

This is an excellent point. The WWE should have just kept Bryan out until after Mania. The crowd may not have loved Reigns winning but it wouldn't have been nearly this bad. Honestly if they aren't going to make DB a top guy they should just cut him so the crowd stops turning on them.

You put him in with a good worker that knows how to make someone look good, and sure he comes out ok. Randy Orton for all the shit he takes, is a solid fucking worker, and can help anyone through a match.

Can't disagree with that. Orton at some point became lazy and it affected his in-ring capabilities, but damn towards the end before he was written off to do his filming, he really turned it on.

I do miss him.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The Rock thing is so weird...because it seems to indicate that the WWE knew he was going to get booed out the building and they needed something to save him.

I swear that's why Daniel Bryan got eliminated so early, in hopes that his elimination wouldn't be tied to Reigns like it might if he made it to the final 3.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Vince probably thinks Mason Ryan would have been a mega star and regrets backing off on him, so he's not making that "mistake" again with Reigns.

BadAss2961

Having Bryan in one of the last spots would be roughly 10X worse. Its not like the crowd would think that its okay that he was one of the last people out. WWE thought the audience would get over having lose early and were horribly wrong.
Don't get me wrong, the audience would've still been pissed. But booking a big Bryan vs Reigns finale would've at least kept them from completely losing interest in the middle of the rumble. DB's early exit really left time for it to sink in and turn the crowd against Reigns... As a potential winner that isn't a smark favorite, coming in after DB's elimination sealed Roman's fate.

If you needed Reigns to win, the way to book it would've been to have him come in as DB was about to be eliminated by a bunch of heels. Let it come down to those two, giving them good time before Reigns would get the win somehow. Forget The Rock appearance, let the crowd boo if they want, and let Reigns stay in character giving no fucks.

I've rewatched Orton/Reigns recently, it was a solid match (nothing great), but Orton carried the fuck out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom