• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

B8P8ojZIAAEwesP.jpg

Awful punctuation.
Not accurate. No words mispronounced.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Fire big show and Kane, promote the guy with the eyes to kanes spot. Make Wyatt the new taker.

Rollins the new edge.
Roman the new rock.
Cesaro the new angle.
Ambrose is a new beast, maybe the new Jericho?
That guy from.NXT with the beard, new stone cold.
Make cena start putting guys over

They didn't really hate Batista, they hated what he represented at that time. A guy coming back to be pushed to the Main Event at WM because of an outside source. It compounded the issue when at 30 Rey came in and the roof just imploded with Boos. Understand that, the crowd booed Rey Fucking Misterio.

Exactly. Batista at his peak was more over than Reigns ever had been. Last year it was wrong timing. He didn't need that spot.

When do they push the Sting/HHH storyline? They could have absolutely saved the show with an authority beatdown on Roman, with Sting dropping from the rafters and clearing the ring with a bat. I'm baffled they aren't going to try and relive one of the biggest WCW moments of all time. They've milked to death every attitude era moment that ever stood out. Beer truck, DX hijinks, etc.

Is Sting in good enough shape to drop down like he used to? I assume the guy would need really good knees to absorb the impact of a harder landing.

Nah the Owen Hart incident is one reason plus the Undertaker darkness thing can work for Sting as well don't know why they use it for him instead of walking down the ramp like at Survivor Series or RAW.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I just heard a report that a Cena-Rusev segment started on the post-game show as if they're going to begin a program? Is that true?

Yep, not even going to blame Cena for it either because this is the shit show plan they had with Rusev for well over a year.

LAW guys seem to think that we'll start to see a shift towards Brock as face and Reigns as heel towards Wrestlemania, with the full turn occurring there with Heyman turning sides.

I don't believe it. I'm of the opinion that Vince thinks this was a Philly thing (like the reaction Cena gets there) and that his hand picked guy will get over when they go to less smark towns

Alucard

Banned
Btw, does anyone remember ANYTHING Reigns did in the Rumble before the final few moments? I swear he wasn't even in the match until the final four.

nothing creative or interesting is going to happen

stop with the dumb speculations

reigns will be protected till mania and win the title from brock. brock and heyman will continue their on screen heel characters. hogan, the rock and other over guys will help protect reigns. the wwe is going to stand by reigns.

Purexed

Banned
Hulk Hogan had no character? Ok.

Hulk had character, but he was a shitty wrestler with a limited moveset that had a full career being booked as a Superman. The fact he's considered the most influential wrestler ever is a damn shame; Ric Flair deserves that distinction as he checked all the boxes on things you want in a wrestler.

I'm not saying Reigns is the next Flair, but the hate he is getting is ridiculous which makes me root for the guy more than I'd be inclined otherwise.

Kacho

Gold Member
Seeing Reigns standing there pouting while the Rock cuts an awkward promo in Reigns honor is embarrassing. The WWE truly thought they could save Reigns by bringing the Rock in and the whole situation is still disastrous.

megamerican

Btw, does anyone remember ANYTHING Reigns did in the Rumble before the final few moments? I swear he wasn't even in the match until the final four.

Yeah he pretty much laid in the corner. Probably realized if he had any spots it would just bring on the boos.

Ithil

The reason they are pushing Reigns tho is because they are desparate for a new babyface so turning him heel wouldnt make sense

The problem is they already have one in Daniel Bryan and they consistently refuse to let this super over star be their top guy because "he doesn't have the look!"
Even though a good look is just one way of helping someone be over. They're putting the cart before the horse

Kaiterra

Banned
Network subscription fucking canceled these people devote their lives to this business and this si the best they can come up with? How fucking disrespectful to the fans and all their workers that they would do this shit.

Maybe even if the match itself was fun to watch or had any sense of drama. But nope it was as by-the-fucking-horrible-numbers as you can get.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing Reigns standing there pouting while the Rock cuts an awkward promo in Reigns honor is embarrassing. The WWE truly thought they could save Reigns by bringing the Rock in and the whole situation is still disastrous.

Even The Rock's promos have been lackluster here recently.

BFIB

Just to make sure Vince gets his way, odds are Lesnar will be booked as the face, Reigns as the heel because Vince will get his main event one way or another.

Foffy

Banned
Oh, I want to retract what I said about the Rumble, to a degree.

Seeing Dallas Page was fucking phenomenal. He's still got it for a man nearly 60 years old. Probably my favorite part of the match, seeing him counter moves into Diamond Cutters.

He always had a chemistry to turn a move into his finisher, which is significantly different than finisheroutofnowhere that WWE constantly books. His work always had a build up and payoff.

I don't believe it. I'm of the opinion that Vince thinks this was a Philly thing (like the reaction Cena gets there) and that his hand picked guy will get over when they go to less smark towns
How many booing crowds do you think it will get to change his mind, though?

I've seen some people say that Reigns is over with the non-smark crowds, but I really doubt it's going to be any different than it was for Batista last year.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Roman should have feuded with rollins for a while.

Sbeeeeeiiittttttzhdkk CES jcf

What if at wrestlemania Roman wins and Rollins cashes in on him?

Alright goodnight brehs, what an experience it has been, it's 4.45am here and I still need to have some food. Lucky I have nowhere to be tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The best match they could have put on at Mania is Bryan/Rollins, I think. Rollins is a new guy who is actually over and could beat Bryan without the fans being all pissed off about it.

(Maybe Bryan/Lesnar is good, I just don't buy it since its beyond the suspension of disbelief for me to think that Bryan could beat up Lesnar in a fight)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They didn't really hate Batista, they hated what he represented at that time. A guy coming back to be pushed to the Main Event at WM because of an outside source. It compounded the issue when at 30 Rey came in and the roof just imploded with Boos. Understand that, the crowd booed Rey Fucking Misterio.

Yeah, I guess the one thing they did right over last year was putting Ziggler at 30, as it did feel he at least had a shot at winning.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Roman should have feuded with rollins for a while.

Sbeeeeeiiittttttzhdkk CES jcf

What if at wrestlemania Roman wins and Rollins cashes in on him?

Pretty sure that's what will happen. Rollins cashing in would send the smark crowd home happy at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom