• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rollins is cashing in, so it's okay guys.

Been saying it seine MITB but Rollins cashing in is their eject button for the Reigns title win.

I dont think it will happen until after mania but I am interested in seeing how how crowds react to Reigns after last night.

After last years rumble you still had a few cities still happily eating up WWE's stuff and not getting on the Bryan train right away so I bet we see a similar mixed reaction for a few weeks and WWE mulls things over.

10923593_748232061928725_9021455272132595902_n.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
WWE just retweeted from Xavier Woods that Curtis Axel was never eliminated. Are they gonna try and fix all of this tomorrow?

Perfect! New event next month just needs a subtitle. Fastlane: The Final 24. Replay the Rumble from the moment that Axel was forced out of his spot.

Romanwinslol

Roman is a guy who can't really wrestle but has a look and a persona which will probably appeal to kids. So he'll sell a lot of merchandise, get in movies and be booed by adults.

He'll be both a heel and a face and will generate huge interest as people post and tweet their outrage while still tuning in, if only to complain about him.

Seems like a smart move to me. Cena can't carry on forever after all.

There is no evidence at all that Reigns can sell merchandise. Cena sold a shit ton of merch before he was given the torch. As for Reigns being in movies, get the fuck out of here. The guy can't even cut a decent promo

#1 Contenders' match scheduled for tomorrow. Entire crowd with Axel, and this is a sneak preview of what Reigns' entrance is gonna be.

Imagine people shouting "You Suck" to the beat of the guitar riffs of Roman's theme song. Wonderful.

But dude......Bryan vs Lesnar not happening really fucking sucks. Seriously, you can't spin this at all, Bryan lost fair and square and you just can't escape that fact. You put Bryan in the title match and that's actually more fucked.

It's boring watching people say the fans are disrespectful or just boo anything.

It's not like everyone's a Brock Lesnar, John Cena, or Seth Rollins fan, but the reactions to that match are overwhelmingly positive because those are clearly the best in the business, and they delivered. People don't have anywhere near the same faith in Reigns, because what has he ever done to impress?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I can see their idea being.. (this is how they think generally) He's not super hot right now, but if we book him as the savior he'll be. In that logic, let's every fan's favorite be eliminated and threaten of crappy heel winning, so they'll see Reigns winning as some kind of "at least! the new generation has the last word!!"

What they didn't realize is that reigns is already "same old crap" material before even its first title reign. I think more than being a bad wrestler, he's really fake. You can't work in Wrestling if nobody believes you're saying anything by yourself with your own personality. The guy is an empty receptacle.

It also doesn't help that he's been feuding with people who are far, far more talented than him.

orton, cena, Ambrose, Rollins, Harper, Wyatt, even Rowan. These are the people reigns has been feuding with - Aside from maybe rowan, he's clearly outclassed on the mic and in the ring by all of them.

He has one singles match to his name (I think), no mic skills or personality/character, and is rather one dimensional in the ring. He has charisma because he looks both tough and handsome, but he's not ready, nowhere near ready, for this kind of a push. Put him in the midcard for a few years, have him work on his mic and ring skills as a singles competitor, THEN push him if you still feel he can be your guy and is ready in a few years.

For now, he's not ready, and he certainly shouldn't be getting the rub of main eventing wrestlemania, defeating the man who broke the undertaker's streak, and giving Brock Lesnar his last match.

It's boring watching people say the fans are disrespectful or just boo anything.

It's not like everyone's a Brock Lesnar, John Cena, or Seth Rollins fan, but the reactions to that match are overwhelmingly positive because those are clearly the best in the business, and they delivered. People don't have anywhere near the same faith in Reigns, because what has he ever done to impress?

Reigns can take a mean hot tag and give a solid 60-90 seconds of offense afterwords

Dead Man

It's not like everyone's a Brock Lesnar, John Cena, or Seth Rollins fan, but the reactions to that match are overwhelmingly positive because those are clearly the best in the business, and they delivered and exceeded all expectations. People don't have anywhere near the same faith in Reigns, because what has he ever done to impress?

Exactly.

There is no evidence at all that Reigns can sell merchandise. Cena sold a shit ton of merch before he was given the torch. As for Reigns being in movies, get the fuck out of here. The guy can't even cut a decent promo

He needs to learn to act as good as Cena. He can achieve this.

Owzers

I thought the Rock was going to be a secret entry into the Rumble when he came down, i didn't know he was just going to clean up the ring for Roman. That's just as bad as if Sting came down and pointed at Kane and Big Show to help Roman out. Disappointed with the event, but i'm not a big fan of Rumbles since it's usually guys chilling in a corner pretending to fight like a Dynasty Warrior game most of the time.

Well he's already got a role as Aquaman in Justice League so jokes on you.

Verendus

Banned
I don't think the crowd reaction this year was worse than last year. Last year was pretty crazy. This year the crowd seemed to spend most of the time apathetic.

Also them tears.

Balee that.

Fox318

Give Vince a hard-on

Paracelsus

I don't think the crowd reaction this year was worse than last year. Last year was pretty crazy. This year the crowd seemed to spend most of the time apathetic.

Also them tears.

Balee that.

It was worse this year, because it escalated when Rock came in. LOOK, THE ROCK, YAY. Wait, is he here to put him over? *cue nightmare flashback of WM29* *Few seconds to put pieces together* *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

He needs to learn to act as good as Cena. He can achieve this.

This is based on nothing. You're comparing him to season without any reasons why. Cena was legitimately one of the most over guys in the company while feuding with Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree in the midcard on the B show. Roman is the most protected babyface since Bobby Lashley, feuding with the biggest guys in the company like Randy Orton and Triple H and still gets less of a babyface reaction than guys like Swagger on major ppv's.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This seems like a universal thing people agree on. We want to like Roman but he's just getting pushed way too soon and he's not ready yet. He's Lex Luger 2.0 or Neo Big Daddy Cool

The only reason people don't like Reigns is because they're trying to artificially make him popular by doing shit like having him stand next to the Rock like he's going to absorb his popularity through osmosis.

He's passable at wrestling, can look cool at times and can deliver a passable promo when the material isn't awful. His character sucks.

Serious question, but where are the actual evidences that Vince only pushes "big and muscled" guys ? Stone Cold was not exactly Arnold Schwarzenegger, but Vince really pushed the hell out of him!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Another thing - it's been clear that WWE wants to push reigns to the moon for a good year now.... but he hasn't given them any good reason to. His promos have fallen flat. His ring work has been less than stellar. Clearly, he's not ready for the push - but that doesn't matter to Vince. He's getting pushed, regardless of the progress he hasn't made, regardless of the progress other talent has made, regardless of who the fans have or haven't gotten behind. That's not just "not good" booking. It's terrible booking, and spits in the face of everyone in the back and in the audience.

Foffy

Banned

Also them tears.

Balee that.

I don't know. I didn't think they chanted that they wanted refunds or that what they were watching was bullshit last year, to the volume that was this years event.

It comes off as a bittersweet oddity for wrasslin fans, and January started off hot with Wrestle Kingdom, only for the Rumble to be wet farts save for Lesnar and Rollins being allowed to be on their A-game.

Paracelsus

Serious question, but where are the actual evidences that Vince only pushes "big and muscled" guys ? Stone Cold was not exactly Arnold Schwarzenegger, but Vince really pushed the hell out of him!

We already covered that: he was getting his ass kicked by Bischoff, he didn't have any big guy over after the roids fiasco, and Sid sucked ass and his run was mediocre.

SCSA was a lucky accident, because next in line was HHH, and WWF would've died with him as WWF champion in 1998. The MSG incident saved them.

Fox318

He was encouraging his guys to take steroids.

He liked big dudes. Its why Khali stayed around for as long as he did.

KissVibes

Banned
I bet they have Bryan come out and put Reigns over on RAW. Probably get Bryan to say Reigns has a better chance than he would have of beating Brock.

WWE just retweeted from Xavier Woods that Curtis Axel was never eliminated. Are they gonna try and fix all of this tomorrow?

Yeah, Curtis Axel is main eventing WrestleMania after he beats Reigns tomorrow.

Reality: Reigns opens the show, Axel challenges him. Reigns destroys him in a quick squash. Axel goes to NXT and gets to be incredible.

Dead Man

Stone Cold was not exactly tiny, and after his 3:16 moment he took off hard with fans. I think his natural level of aggression helped him with Vince too. He looked dangerous in the ring just standing there.

The Good:
Daniel Bryan
BUBBA RAY!

The bad:
Whatever it was that made me fall asleep during the rumble
Waking up to see D Bry was eliminated a lot earlier and seeing that Roman Reins won.

Honestly I think that was one of if not the most boring royal rumble I have ever watched. With the exception of Bryant and Bubba Ray being there, I can't remember a single instance besides those two where I was excited watching it.

Fox318

I bet they have Bryan come out and put Reigns over on RAW. Probably get Bryan to say Reigns has a better chance than he would have of beating Brock.

Yeah, Curtis Axel is main eventing WrestleMania after he beats Reigns tomorrow.

Reality: Reigns opens the show, Axel challenges him. Reigns destroys him in a quick squash. Axel goes to NXT and gets to be incredible.

ZN01Bkp.png

Vince would have pushed me if I got a reaction when he was getting his ass kicked by WCW every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom