• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they wanted to sacrifice them to get reigns over .

If only Chris Hero had gotten that spot.

I doubt the Shield would've been so dominate if he had. It was pretty much a Roman Reigns vehicle the moment they debuted and that was made abundantly clear in 2013.

KissVibes

Banned
Rock's mom is probably nagging him into putting his Fast and Furious career on hold so he can be the Nation of Domination to Roman Reigns Rocky Maivia right goddamn now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Z3wN8pA.png

iNWm9pTPOZtCa.gif

Musolf815

Man, what a wild event. My brother and his group of friends are pissed at the fans for booing. Not looking forward to hearing about how much the fans suck to them because they booed Reigns.

Have Paul turn on Brock and switch to Reigns,

They need (or I hope) keep Heyman around after Brock goes back to having fake fights with drugged up dudes in UFC after WM.

Thing with Reigns is that you don't necessarily need to have charisma and personality from your promos. Some guys that just comes naturally others it doesn't. Goldberg got over huge and hardly ever said a word because of the way he was booked. Same thing with Rusev. There are ways to do that. They should have recognized that with Reigns but seemingly haven't. I can't think of one memorable match he's had leading up to the Rumble. It feels like it's just been a bunch of run-ins with Big Show and the Authority.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Have Paul turn on Brock and switch to Reigns,

They need (or I hope) keep Heyman around after Brock goes back to having fake fights with drugged up dudes in UFC after WM.

They teased a Heyman/Rollins combo a couple of weeks ago. Rollins and Heyman scheming together could be pretty cool but I don't think Seth needs a mouthpiece.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thing with Reigns is that you don't necessarily need to have charisma and personality from your promos. Some guys that just comes naturally others it doesn't. Goldberg got over huge and hardly ever said a word because of the way he was booked. Same thing with Rusev. There are ways to do that. They should have recognized that with Reigns but seemingly haven't. I can't think of one memorable match he's had leading up to the Rumble. It feels like it's just been a bunch of run-ins with Big Show and the Authority.

I think Reigns has had only one 1 on 1 match

Past

I think Heyman will be gone when Lesnar leaves. He doesn't even seems interested in the product anymore. He has that "why the fuck am I here" look every time someone cuts a promo in the ring. Someone post a gif of it, you know what I'm talking about.

Is Brock really going back to UFC?

Bellator (another MMA fed) is rumored to be willing to open up the pocket book to get him. They hired Scott Coker (the MMA version of Vince Russo) and really want to start spending. They are also much more likely to give Brock an easy schedule and let him beat up on scrubs and cans, versus the UFC where he will eventually have to go up against someone legit who will kick his ass. It may come to a point where the WWE won't be able to afford him.

Big-E

That promo with Rock and Reigns is something else. You can see the Rock is really trying to come up with something, but there is just nothing there. One of the worst promos I remember watching.

Anth0ny

Rewatching the title match, Rollins really was the MVP of the night, with Brock as a close second. Cena was basically a non factor in that match.

Rollins really deserves a better spot than vs. Orton at Mania. Damn.

Why does Dwayne have to shit on interviewers for no reason? Is being a shitty schoolyard bully going to always be his gimmick?

Direct all the the things Rock said to the interviewer to Reigns and it makes sense why he kept repeating himself. Take that stupid look off your face Reigns, stop smiling.

Rock does alwys shit on interviewers but this time it was bizarre. The guy was a nobody so it wasn't quite the same as shitting on Cole, and Rock seemed legit annoyed. That didn't come across as the type of promo you cut when your boy just won the RR. Why are you mad?

Rewatching the title match, Rollins really was the MVP of the night, with Brock as a close second. Cena was basically a non factor in that match.

He'll get his due. He's set up to be a main event player for the next 12 or so years.

Rollins is the shit. Reigns should be roughly in his spot now, and Rollins should have won the Rumble to face him at Mania.

D-Stubbs

Yep, pretty awful Rumble. The championship match was good but that was it. It's funny, I don't even dislike Reigns but the way WWE is handling him is making me not like him. And you know I could of lived with Reigns winning, I accepted it was going to happen anyway, but damn the way they handled Ziggler, Wyatt, and Ambrose was bullshit. Fuck off with Big Show and Kane. Not to mention Bryan getting eliminated early was stupid too. At least Bubba Ray and DDP was cool, I guess.

Rollins have than thing that Edge and Michaels had, that even losing matchs they exited from the arena as the best of the show.

I see him feuding with orton, then cashing the MITB, then Roman, then Bryan, then cena (and buried again) this year.

I don't think the crowd reaction this year was worse than last year. Last year was pretty crazy. This year the crowd seemed to spend most of the time apathetic.

Also them tears.

Balee that.

it was 100 times worse this year as soon as bryan got eliminated they died, chanted they want refunds...hell even big show was cracking up because deep down inside he knew it was BS too.

Been nothing but pleasantly surprised with Rollins since the Shield split.

Smartest thing WWE has done in recent memory is making him the one who turned heel instead of Dean and then giving him MITB.

He was clearly the one of the three who felt like he was still finding his footing and personality and he excelled when he was finally given a chance.

Rock does alwys shit on interviewers but this time it was bizarre. The guy was a nobody so it wasn't quite the same as shitting on Cole, and Rock seemed legit annoyed. That didn't come across as the type of promo you cut when your boy just won the RR. Why are you mad?

Because he couldn't save Roman from that Philly crowd. You could see it in his face.

Past

Welp, it's almost 4am and I can't sleep. I have class at 7am. It's your fault WWE.

probably gonna skip anyway cause sleep > 2 hours lecture

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Rollins/Orton is going to be fire though. Easy MOTN at Wrestlemania if Orton shows up motivated.

I thought it made sense for Seth to win tonight given the show has entirely revolved around him since September but he has a great feud lined up along with his eventual cash-in.

Aiii

So not worth it
This company fucking hates ratings and Network Subscriptions.

It wasn't even the result that mattered here, the entire Rumble was a terribly booked mess. The way they booked every face was just terribly done. The Rusev "not being eliminated, returning and IMMEDIATELY being eliminated" was hands down the worst shit ever.

Bubba Ray, but no Devon? That was dumb. Fandango, Adam Rose, and a bunch of jobbers instead of returns. The Rock coming back to give Roman dat rub, I bet Vince really thought that would work. Ziggler, Ambrose, all shitty eliminations. Kane and Big Show in 2015? Fucking really?

Discarding the ending, the entire rumble was just shit.

Even the Kofi spot was PISS.

I wasn't even expecting much, and I still hated it. Only Wyatt and Rusev came out of this looking good, if you disregard Rusev's elimination.

KissVibes

Banned
At 5am, it just dawned on me that Lesnar having at least one broken rib sets up the Reigns win perfectly. Please cash in immediately at WM, Rollins.

Or shit, could Rollins cash in before the match starts and make it a triple threat? Rollins could get the pin and Reigns has someone to chase that can make him look strong.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, WWE Facebook page, lets do our standard post-show poll to see what the WWE Universe thinks of our effort:
bfd98fa7d6b831c8f2841ee2f46d3eee.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom