• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pretty much. Meltzer said Ambrose is the guy, until Bryan came back, in which case Bryan should be the guy at least for the time being. But not Reigns, either way.

He just doesn't have "it". He's a look and nothing more.

Ambrose IS the right one. He could easily lead the company. I highly doubt he ever gets close because of Vince/Beaver teeth.

I wouldn't be shocked if they made Ambrose into Reigns' manager for the next two months.

Rapstah

Ambrose IS the right one. He could easily lead the company. I highly doubt he ever gets close because of Vince/Beaver teeth.

He doesn't seem to want to be the top guy. Maybe he's changed his mind recently (I haven't heard his interview with Jericho which was supposed to be pretty good), but he has been really relaxed about his career for a while now.

Hex

Banned
Roman Reigns should have been booked as a Kal Drogo, barely speaking amped up to 11 ripping people's heads off and shitting down their necks beast,
Maybe ranting something in somoan or maybe just warrior style before throwing the mic down.

Not some smooth talking pretty boy.

Lone Wolf

He had the World Heavyweight title for a bit before they combined the belts. He got one push and then that was about it.

They actually put him over hugely at Survivor Series two months ago, but then in the following weeks they failed to follow up on it and he's been out of the picture of the most part again.

Kane and Big Show, ugh. Kane is their fallback for every match they don't know how to end now. He interferes literally every week in at least one match. And they still put over Big Show like some unstoppable force and no ones buys it.

Ok thanks to you and everyone else for the info. I am going to watch tonight. I am very curious if they are going to react to how the fans felt about last nights winner.

slit

So according to reports from Meltzer, Vince is still dead set on Reigns vs. Lesnar even after last night.

He must be going senile, as that will end in disaster for the event. I don't know how in the very least they don't make it a 3 way.

Now that I have botched the ending and skipped Big/Kane Elimination, The Rumble match itself was trash and I skipped a lot of it, but the Match I was every second was the Championship match, Top Tier excitement level for a WWE title match, I think Roman wins at WM, they gonna shit over Bork the guy that beat Taker...

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

I wouldn't be shocked if they made Ambrose into Reigns' manager for the next two months.

Ambrose/Rollins is what kept me watching this year. It was booked like shit, but I'll still fork over money for a proper Ambrose/Rollins match. Also the only way I am going to be interested in a Reigns match in the short term would be a SHIELD triple threat.

Mahonay

Banned
So according to reports from Meltzer, Vince is still dead set on Reigns vs. Lesner even after last night.

He must be going senile, as that will end in disaster for the event. I don't know how in the very least they don't make it a 3 way.
Vince supposedly doesn't like the fact that they "caved" last year, and feels that they can't do it again.

Bizazedo

People have known Reigns was being groomed to win the Rumble and go on to defeat Brock ever since Summerslam, when the first reports came out (at least that's when I first read them) and WWE has held steady to that course. Only the truly deluded didn't see last night coming from a mile away. This has the double-pronged effect of Bryan's comeback meaning nothing and that's what fans have picked up on. It's not just Bryan's elimination that bothers people, it's that he was tossed out like a mid-card jobber. He didn't make it to the final four. He wasn't booked to have a strong showing. He wasn't eliminated by someone new he could get into a feud with heading into WM31. He was unceremoniously dumped early like the B+ player the authority keeps saying he is. That's why people flipped out.

All I'm saying is Reigns was getting the reaction you saw at the end of the Rumble before Bryan even appeared. Hours earlier. Yes, some obviously wanted Bryan to win, but the reaction to Reigns was not because of Bryan. Crowd would've been psyched if Ziggler won.

It was because they didn't want Reigns.

Anth0ny

B8TDszTIIAARIp2.png:large

This is quickly become one of my favorite memes, lol.

Also, is Raw actually cancelled tonight? This is hilarious timing, if true. "WWE DODGING RABID FANS"

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I am surprised by the lack of focus on how Rumble has been terrible for many years. Go check the past 5-8 years and tell me which Rumbles were truly rewarding for the fans?

Albert Del Rio? Sheamus? John Cena x2? Batista? Edge? Last one I cared about was Taker winning it.

Reigns winning it doesn't matter all that much to me since this isn't out of the ordinary for the WWE. This has been going on for a good 5-8 years depending on when you think the last truly worthy winner was.

I am happy Cena isn't main eventing 'Mania, so I count last nights Rumble as win.

Ambrose still hasn't gotten over the ketchup and mustard skit. They buried him by having him lose every week for a month.

kirblar

It's funny, THE SHIELD v Brock Lesnar is actually set up perfectly via the booking in the Title match (if 2 man can't beat him, how about 3!)- but they're going to stick to this moronic singles match that will just expose Reigns.

Hex

Banned
It's funny, THE SHIELD v Brock Lesnar is actually set up perfectly via the booking in the Title match (if 2 man can't beat him, how about 3!)- but they're going to stick to this moronic singles match that will just expose Reigns.

A shield reunion at Mania would rip the roof off.

kirblar

A shield reunion at Mania would rip the roof off.
I was praying that they were going to do a simultaneous-elim spot for Reigns/Ambrose as the last two standing.

Sadly, they booked that garbage ending that buried Reigns (needs help from heels fighting each other and THE ROCK) instead.

Mahonay

Banned
Ambrose still hasn't gotten over the ketchup and mustard skit. They buried him by having him lose every week for a month.
That stupid fucking segment felt like the embodiment of the kind of problems a PG show presents. You don't get the beer truck or cart full of weapons, you get a hot dog stand...

I mean you can also choose not write bullshit like that for your show, PG or not.

Kaiterra

Banned
I am surprised by the lack of focus on how Rumble has been terrible for many years. Go check the past 5-8 years and tell me which Rumbles were truly rewarding for the fans?

Albert Del Rio? Sheamus? John Cena x2? Batista? Edge? Last one I cared about was Taker winning it.

Reigns winning it doesn't matter all that much to me since this isn't out of the ordinary for the WWE. This has been going on for a good 5-8 years depending on when you think the last truly worthy winner was.

I am happy Cena isn't main eventing 'Mania, so I count last nights Rumble as win.

Those Rumbles at least had some drama and were fun to watch except for the second one Cena won maybe. The only good parts of this one were the nostalgia spots.

Lrrr

All I'm saying is Reigns was getting the reaction you saw at the end of the Rumble before Bryan even appeared. Hours earlier. Yes, some obviously wanted Bryan to win, but the reaction to Reigns was not because of Bryan. Crowd would've been psyched if Ziggler won.

It was because they didn't want Reigns.

Because everyone has known for months that Reigns was going to win the Rumble. After Bryan's elimination, the crowd turned to the "next best thing" and that was Ambrose, then Ziggler. That smart Philly crowd knew neither would win though.

I don't think I've ever seen a Rumble where someone's elimination utterly killed the match so completely. That really speaks to how over Bryan is with fans.

Hex

Banned
That stupid fucking segment felt like the embodiment of the kind of problems a PG show presents. You don't get the beer truck or cart full of weapons, you get a hot dog stand...

I mean you can also choose not write bullshit like that for your show, PG or not.

The thing about Ambrose though, no matter what complete shit they try and pin on him he makes gold out of it somehow.

Mahonay

Banned
The thing about Ambrose though, no matter what complete shit they try and pin on him he makes gold out of it somehow.
Tongs to the dick was pretty good.

One thing he couldn't save was the segment with the Seth Rollins dummy. I had trouble watching that. Fuck that was cringe inducing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He doesn't seem to want to be the top guy. Maybe he's changed his mind recently (I haven't heard his interview with Jericho which was supposed to be pretty good), but he has been really relaxed about his career for a while now.

He's busy with Renee if you get my drift

Yeah, people say that Reigns is given shit to perform but Dean is constantly given worse material to work with and still makes it at least watchable.

FyreWulff

He had the World Heavyweight title for a bit before they combined the belts. He got one push and then that was about it.

They actually put him over hugely at Survivor Series two months ago, but then in the following weeks they failed to follow up on it and he's been out of the picture of the most part again.

Kane and Big Show, ugh. Kane is their fallback for every match they don't know how to end now. He interferes literally every week in at least one match. And they still put over Big Show like some unstoppable force and no ones buys it.

I've always thought Kane's job in the current WWE is that he's the veteran lifeguard out there making sure things are running smoothly

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
they need ambrose to be a mix of austin and bryan pillman, stop making him the comedic relief all the time he isnt santino, make him serious, make him a tad crazy. his moveset already provides that, like who the hell does an elbow drop on a standing opponent lol

Rapstah

I'm not watching the 2014 By The Numbers video package to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure Kane was at 38 eliminations last year too. He eliminated CM Punk in the 2014 Rumble, so he should have been at 39 this year, tied to Michaels. That means they intentionally didn't count his elimination of Punk. Not sure what this means and who cares.

Bizazedo

Because everyone has known for months that Reigns was going to win the Rumble. After Bryan's elimination, the crowd turned to the "next best thing" and that was Ambrose, then Ziggler. That smart Philly crowd knew neither would win though.

I don't think I've ever seen a Rumble where someone's elimination utterly killed the match so completely. That really speaks to how over Bryan is with fans.

So we agree, then. It was Reigns winning that was the issue.

Can some explain this meme to me

The greatest wrestling game of all time (no mercy, late nineties) of all time introducing a buggy unfinished mess not ready for release(2k15, most recent wwf game)
Rock is one of the greatest, Reigns is green, and is not even close to the complete article yet, if he even ever will be.

Mahonay

Banned
I've always thought Kane's job in the current WWE is that he's the veteran lifeguard out there making sure things are running smoothly
He interferes as much as he has matches.

Also sure, it's all well and good to have a guy out there that is an incredibly safe worker, but Kane is not over with a single portion of the audience, and hasn't been for at least two years. Kane's involvement puts a noticeable damper on a lot of matches. I'm sure WWE doesn't recognize it.

I'm a fan of Kane's body of work and he seems like a stand up guy, but the way he's used in their booking is a large part of the problem we're seeing now.

TheStruggler

i hope they take away the heaters from rollins, i think he would do a lot better without them, let him be more aggressive and be a more free heel

Hex

Banned
Man I honestly felt for Rollins when he nailed the Phoenix and immediately there was Brock to wreck his day.

TheStruggler

You're way off. J&J is the best part of Rollins a lot of the time. I love them.

ehhh rollins is an amazing talent, when he was with the shield when they were slowly becoming faces you could tell he was something special especially with his move set. Now with retired heaters I feel they have taken away from his talent and let retired cruiser weights do what he should be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom