• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor:Microsoft to half Xbox price in Europe?

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
According to areaxbox.de, they heard multiple big german retailers are preparing for the Pricedrop for end of August.

I ve also heard that Xbox would drop to 99€ early september a month ago but i thought it was some misunderstanding.

A pricedrop in Germany means a drop in the rest of europe,i guess MSFT is struggling with thier target to reach comparable PS2/XB ratio as in USA.

Wow if true.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought one, so I've gotta believe this news :/

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Fleming said:
According to areaxbox.de, they heard multiple big german retailers are preparing for the Pricedrop for end of August.

I ve also heard that Xbox would drop to 99€ early september a month ago but i thought it was some misunderstanding.

A pricedrop in Germany means a drop in the rest of europe,i guess MSFT is struggling with thier target to reach comparable PS2/XB ratio as in USA.

Wow if true.
Xbox's price will drop to 149 euros/99 £ on August 27. This is almost official (meaning retailers have already been informed)

Temujin

Blimblim said:
Xbox's price will drop to 149 euros/99 £ on August 27. This is almost official (meaning retailers have already been informed)

Yep, and the Ninja Gaiden pack should be 169€

I heard the PS2 will drop in price too, the special silver edition will be 149€, but only with 1 controller instead of 2.

Temujin

The packs are officially 199€ now, dunno how much a standard Xbox is.

If I still find a Top Spin pack after the drop, I'm getting one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I heard the PS2 was going to be £109. Thats almost petty if Xbox is £99, and I think will hurt them, as £99 sounds a lot cheaper than £109.

mrklaw said:
I heard the PS2 was going to be £109. Thats almost petty if Xbox is £99, and I think will hurt them, as £99 sounds a lot cheaper than £109.

Hasn't the PS2 been more expensive for a loong time and yet still outsells the Xbox by a factor of 4?

Top Bottom