• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS5 Pro to be announced next week; New First Party Games to be shown end of September

bitbydeath

3ra5B2t_d.webp

To summarise:
PS5 Pro Reveal - 10/11 September
State of Play - 19/20 September
TGS - 26th September

Gonna be a big month.

nnytk

3ra5B2t_d.webp

To summarise:
PS5 Pro Reveal - 10/11 September
State of Play - 19/20 September
TGS - 26th September

Gonna be a big month.
Adding that Pro reveal in my calendar.

I must admit, I've never pre-ordered a console here in Europe. Will have to wait and see how that goes.

I guess a lot of folks use Amazon?

Cyborg

My best friend is buying a Pro and the reason is to play GTA6 in the best way possible (and no thats not PC for him) :)! He was a die hard gamer, became dad and stopped for three years. He is back now and the reason is Pro + GTA haha.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Go_Ly_Dow

If they don't show the benefits of the Pro model by demonstrating games alongside the announcement then I'll hold back from buying it as I'm already scepitcal it's going to do much for 95% of games.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Question: will the Pro be able to run non-Pro patched games better than the PS5 only by brute forcing them ?
Meaning, if a game like FF16 which has a very variable framerate in perf.mode, will the Pro be able to iron it out and run it at a stable 60fps ?

T-Cake

Question: will the Pro be able to run non-Pro patched games better than the PS5 only by brute forcing them ?
Meaning, if a game like FF16 which has a very variable framerate in perf.mode, will the Pro be able to iron it out and run it at a stable 60fps ?

Not 100% sir but I seem to have it in my head that PSSR will run at a system level and can improve any game without them being patched.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Not 100% sir but I seem to have it in my head that PSSR will run at a system level and can improve any game without them being patched.

Thanks kind sir, appreciate it 😉

I'd like to further expand on my question :
Sekiro never received a PS4 Pro or a PS5 patch and had a variable framerate on PS4.
On the PS4 Pro the framerate was better obviously but never quite reached 60fps.
On the PS5 though, it's a stable 60 simply by brute forcing it.

Hope that the 5 Pro manages to do the same thing.

Cheers

Reactions: Isa

Preseznik

All they need to show to get me preordering PS5 Pro is GT7 enhancements for VR.
Could be my bias but I can't see them not doing that. It's just such an easy win.

On top of other things obviously, that can't be the main selling point, not many people care about VR.

Top Bottom