• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS5 Pro to be announced next week; New First Party Games to be shown end of September

Really gonna need to see these first party games because I still play more ps4 games than ps5 games on my launch console and its been roughly four years.
Yeah some gems like DS remake, GT7 and Returnal but overall I feel like this has been arguably the worst PS gen historically, I know many others feel the same, and it's going to be a real tough sell for this thing.

saintjules

Gold Member
I got you :)

THE LORD HAS SPOKETH!

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

GymWolf

Gold Member
We've never seen the game yet.
So you prefer to see something that has literal hours of beta gameplay over something completely new?

Also the faith in insomniac is at an all time low after panderman so people probably prefer to see something from another studio instead of spiderman with claws and 50 years old jim grey.

Sanepar

Really gonna need to see these first party games because I still play more ps4 games than ps5 games on my launch console and its been roughly four years.
Yeah some gems like DS remake, GT7 and Returnal but overall I feel like this has been arguably the worst PS gen historically, I know many others feel the same, and it's going to be a real tough sell for this thing.
You guys forgot how it was 14-16 for ps4.

Here we go again, PS4 Pro was a huge improvement for anyone that had a 4K TV, if you didn't have one when it launched then the console was not for you! If PS5 Pro gets us locked 60 rendering above native 1080p /1440p in all current gen games, then it's considered a huge improvement.

Party like it is 2005!

One of my close friends is still with GameStop, though I've been gone a long time. He says they probably will have pre-orders open online and in-store(no quantity known)

I'd recommend an in-store try, but the same rule applies as online where you need to be a Pro member to even order it($25 I think it is now)

It sucks, but it's probably the only thing they can try to reduce resellers.

Cornbread78

I really hope they do initial pre-orders through Sony Direct from established & active accounts first. Fuck all the bitch-ass resellers & their stupid-ass bitch bots

Justin9mm

One of my close friends is still with GameStop, though I've been gone a long time. He says they probably will have pre-orders open online and in-store(no quantity known)

I'd recommend an in-store try, but the same rule applies as online where you need to be a Pro member to even order it($25 I think it is now)

It sucks, but it's probably the only thing they can try to reduce resellers.
I personally think Sony will be ready to move however many units they need to meet demand in light of what happened with PS5 now that there are no supply shortages. Worst case, if people miss out on the first batch from pre order until release, there will be a boatload more coming after that and everyone who wants one will get one by Xmas. I highly doubt we will have the same situation where it takes months and months to try and get one.

Last edited:
Seriously who plays more ps 4 games on a ps 5 after 3 years?

I personally think Sony will be ready to move however many units they need to meet demand in light of what happened with PS5 now that there are no supply shortages. Worst case, if people miss out on the first batch from pre order until release, there will be a boatload more coming after that and everyone who wants one will get one by Xmas. I highly doubt we will have the same situation where it takes months and months to try and get one.

In my personal experience, I found it significantly easier to get a PS4 Pro rather than the base PS4 when the respective consoles were released. I think your assessment is accurate.

salva

If a Twisted Metal 2 remake & a new Syphon Filter is announced. Day 1 PS5 Pro it is. I'll post my receipt.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So you prefer to see something that has literal hours of beta gameplay over something completely new?

Also the faith in insomniac is at an all time low after panderman so people probably prefer to see something from another studio instead of spiderman with claws and 50 years old jim grey.

Beta gameplay means nothing to me.

FeralEcho

I thought you meant ps 4 games only not cross gen
Well even if the user you quoted meant PS4 only it would still make sense. Stuff like God of War 3,Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection or Bloodborne among many others are still PS4 only so I'm sure the user would still be correct seeing as those games are much better than alot of stuff coming out nowadays so I can see how they'd prefer to play those games over PS5 stuff. It's all subjective anyway.

Top Bottom