• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Okay as I said: This game is really fun in co-op.
Two guys, naked, running through the city and punching random people in the face....with dildos...it's so silly but so much fun...^^

d0c_zaius

Is there an option to watch TV in the hangouts? I remember SR2 having some pretty good TV shows.

Also the music selection seems to be a little lacking...as is the selection of booty shorts :(

DrBo42

The perfect Dark said:
Okay as I said: This game is really fun in co-op.
Two guys, naked, running through the city and punching random people in the face....with dildos...it's so silly but so much fun...^^
Speaking of which, how do you start the streaking activity?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Teknoman said:
Hopefully friends only extends to people clicking join via a steam group as well. Guess there isnt any text chat, so now would be a great time to test the wireless Playstation headset PC compatibility.

That why I don't join any groups/GAF groups anywhere since most of the time there is no text chat or no one want to type or people just want to talk to each other..and I can't speak English.

Teknoman

Totobeni said:
That why I don't join any groups/GAF groups anywhere since most of the time there is no text chat or no one want to type or people just want to talk to each other..and I can't speak English.

I know Dead Island and most Valve games, we'll have a a mix of typing/voice. Diablo is always text chat. I'll check on the text chat in the config, but if you can speak as well as you type, you should be good.

Teknoman

Totobeni said:

Scratch that, there IS text chat. You press T to text chat, and they still have the option for push to talk. Best of both worlds.

Also who said grenades werent in the game?

Card Boy

Banned
Really loving this game so far. It's my first Saints Row game, not trying to start a Vesus argument here but this game is everything i wanted from GTA4. It's more like San Anreas. Love it!

Here is my guy now (compressed Steam Screenshot). I turned down shadows and Ambient collision to medium (still DX10 at least) as it was killing my framerate on my 5870.

HU8W.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dead said:
I am part of the problem

I just bought the Shark Attack DLC pack

160 MSP for a Shark hat and a gun

And it was worth EVERY SPACE BUCK

HOLY FUCK ITS A LAND SHARK!!!!!
Can you unlock it or is it DLC only?

Were the helicopter controls this janky in SR2? I don't remember them being so GTA4'ish like they are now. Please go back to SR2 controls, thanks.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
MentalNoiz said:
Were the helicopter controls this janky in SR2? I don't remember them being so GTA4'ish like they are now. Please go back to SR2 controls, thanks.

There's a slider in one of the menus to adjust flight controls between realistic<->arcade, I think.

I'd tell you for sure, but UPS had unexpected "flight errors" so my amazon order got off to a late start, and has been sitting at a shipping center for over 4 hours since I missed the first set of deliveries. :/

Uriah

I don't have my Genki code yet, but I can do the Genki missions in the game. Does that mean I have the other Genki weapons and car as well?

vaelic

Banned
Saints Row The Third Crashes, Freezes, Stuttering, Sound, and Performance Fixes

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2011/11/15/s...ng-sound-and-performance-fixes/#ixzz1dpBNVFLF

1# Saints Row The Third Crash After 100% Loading
If your Steam is installed to any drive other than ‘C’ on a multiple hard drive setup – You will encounter this crash and fix is to either move the installation to your C drive or copy ‘Saints Row: The Third Initiation Station’ folder from ‘Steam\steamapps\common’ to your C drive (Simply put it on your desktop. Run InitiationStation.exe from the desktop and problem should resolve – game should load fine.

2# Initiation Station Crashes
If above fix doesn’t work -

3# Sound Stuttering
Set your audio quality to 41Hz – You can do that by going into PlayBack Devices > Speakers > Advanced and choose it from the drop down menu. Or set the sound to stereo quality in your Audio Control Manager.

4# Initiation Station Messed Up Textures and Character Skins
Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and change Anisotropic filtering to “Application-controlled”. If you are forcing any other graphics setting using Nvidia or Catalyst Control Panel, set them to default application control as well.

5# Saints Row: The Third Freezes
If you have a Quad Core processor – Open up task manager and click the Saints Row The Third executable. Now set the affinity to use only cores 0 and 1 or simply run the game in two cores to resolve the random freezes and crashes.

6# Saints Row: The Third Random Crashes
Try running the game in compatibility mode – Vista PS2 as administrator.

7# Saints Row: The Third ATI/AMD Performance Fix
If you are experiencing performance issues running the game with AMD cards – Use 11.10 drivers and when new drivers are release (Expected in few days) switch to those, since they will most probably be optimized to run Saints Row The Third.

Nvidia users can download the latest beta driver to fix any performance issues they are facing.

8# Saints Row: The Third Low Frame Rates (FPS Fix)
You can tweak the graphics variables in the ini configuration file below to squeeze all performance from your machine.

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\display.ini

9# Xbox 360/Joystick Controller Issue
If game doesn’t recognize your controller, unplug other USB devices and try again. If you have Xbox 360 controller – make sure you have no other joystick connected to your computer or the game won’t recognize the Xbox 360 controller and there is no option to choose your primary controller.

10# Game Doesn’t Save
It does save when Mission Complete message pops-up. Other than that, your character status and check points get saved regularly but when you quit prematurely, you will start from the mission save.

11# Crash To Desktop
Running Saints Row: The Third on DirectX 11 video card and crash constantly ? force the DirectX 11 executable to run in compatibility mode of Vista SP2.

12# Low Sound When Playing The Game
You most probably have a micro-phone plugged-in and Windows is reducing the sound volume by 80%. You can change by going to System Settings > Sound > Communication.

13# Black Screen With Music in The Background
Tweak this ini configuration file to use your native desktop resolution and refresh rate.

Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\display.ini

14# Slow Loading – Or Stuck At Loading Bug Fix

Open up Steam.
Go to Library and right-click on Saints Row The Third and click on Properties.
Click on the tab “Local Files”.
Click “Verify Integrity of Game Cache”.
Go! play the game.
15# How To Make Saints Row: The Third Full Screen
If your game loads in Windowed mode, you can select Full Screen under Video Options to make it load in full screen, next time you launch the game.

16# Out of Sync Cut-Scenes
Possibly a driver issue – Update your video card drivers to the recommended drivers in the article above.

If you face any other issue, let us know in comments, and we will try to help you out.

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2011/11/15/s...ng-sound-and-performance-fixes/#ixzz1dpBRTMbi

Mrbob

I had a couple freezes earlier today, and I see my quad core might be the problem. I'll look into this fix later tonight.

ctrayne

Uriah said:
I don't have my Genki code yet, but I can do the Genki missions in the game. Does that mean I have the other Genki weapons and car as well?
I don't want to be an asshole, but I see this question a lot.

AFAIK, Genki missions are a part of the base game and have nothing to do with the DLC.

The Genki DLC is the Manopult Car, the Genki Suit and the Octopus Gun. That's it. You'll know if you have the DLC because its in your wardrobe. Have a nice day and strap it on. :)

Bread

Banned
I just had my first killing rampage after some member of the Saints called and said they needed help with the cops. The army was coming in with humvees, and I took one and all hell broke loose. This game is incredible!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Teknoman said:
Arent the newest 11.11 drivers out? At least I just managed to download em from the main site.

Huh, weird. I just looked a few hours ago. Link please?

ctrayne said:
The Genki DLC is the Manopult Car, the Genki Suit and the Octopus Gun. That's it. You'll know if you have the DLC because its in your wardrobe. Have a nice day and strap it on. :)

Is the Manopult in the vanilla game, and the DLC just a skin for it, or is it a completely unique vehicle to the preorder pack?

DrBo42

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
So is Zombie Uprising still in the game?

Haven't seen anyone mention it, but from the trailers it looked like it is...
Dunno what that is but you can enter the cheat "brains" and the peds will become what you seek.

I pissed off luchadores. Then they came in with big guns. I killed them and took their big guns. Then they came in with bigger guns. I used their big guns to kill them all and took their bigger guns. Then they came in wi-I killed htem with the bigger guns I stole before they even got out of their cars. Then I started dying and tried to run. I found out what I was killing before they got out of the car: even bigger guns. Said guns killed me.

multi grenade launcher -> mini-gun (holy shit it's terminator 2) -> me burning to death by flamethrowers

Uriah

ctrayne said:
I don't want to be an asshole, but I see this question a lot.

AFAIK, Genki missions are a part of the base game and have nothing to do with the DLC.

You're right, I hope GMG gets this sorted out soon.

styl3s

So i have 2 questions about the available "DLC"

1.The season pass (does this also include the invincible DLC, the other DLC thats availble and the mr whatever car/suit?

2.The invincible DLC (does this block achievement/trophies?)

Jubbly

Couple of max setting shots from the PC version:

saintsrowthethird_dx1kx6hh.png

saintsrowthethird_dx1wu16u.png

I tried to enable 8192 shadow maps and max lighting quality via the .ini, but they just sent my FPS super super low without any visible improvements. With in-game max settings I'm always above or around 60 frames per second on a 2-Way SLI GTX 580, i7-2600K, 8GB DDR3 RAM setup. Might retry the .ini changes with my third 580, but I'm not too hopeful.

stuminus3

OK so performance isn't constant but it's smooth enough on my 5770 @ 1600x900 at mostly Ultra defaults except I put MSAA to 4x and turned Lighting and Reflections down. Those two options make a HUGE difference to my framerate. 30-60fps everywhere at these, usually sitting in the middle of that. MUCH nicer than SR2 no matter how you slice it. Unfortunately, DXtory doesn't seem to work, so I can't lock to 30fps. Oh well.

Levi

Banned
bigboss370 said:
i just picked up my pre-order. the gamestop people told me THQ never sponsored any preorder bonus for the PC version. does that mean manapult and ocotopus gun are in already?
I can confirm that the pc version should come with a preorder code. Bring your receipt in and ask them to use the back-up SKU to generate you a code. If the store manager doesn't know what you're talking about, call customer support (1-800-883-8895) and they'll get you fixed up.

I suspect the system that generates codes was temporarily down, and the clerks made some bad assumptions rather than research a solution for you.

dcugh

Neo Member
Is there just the one driving pov? Would like to be slightly higher off the ground but cant seem to do it without holding down right stick. On PC.

I let Skyrim take the night off and played this for a few hours. I really like it so far. Only complaints are that character customization options (mainly clothing and stuff like not being able to change fighting styles although maybe that's something you can unlock later I've only done about 4 story missions) seem a bit skimpy compared to SR2. Also I miss the little cutscenes when you start a new activity.

hows the co-op in saints row 3 (specifically for xbox 360)

Does it have drop in/drop out?

Does it save progress for both players?

Can you complete missions/do the full game or is it only for certain objectives

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom