• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

spk

zoner said:
For anyone who's wondering, the sniper rifle that comes with the strategy guide dlc is actually an assault rifle option rather than special, and it holds up to like 500 ammo..

It's also a Golgo 13 reference.
There's strategy guide dlc too? Ugh..

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
The perfect Dark said:
Okay will try it with upgrades. Don't get me wrong: Overall I like this game. I'm just disappointed with the main story 'cause I still miss the "craziness" that was promised by the trailers. for me it's still a normal "Saints Row" with a Dildo :D (If you know what I mean). Okay Prof. Genki is fun (really fun) but it's just a new activity...nothing more.
Have you played the other Saint's Row games? The craziness didn't come from the story in those either.

Derrick01

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
Okay will try it with upgrades. Don't get me wrong: Overall I like this game. I'm just disappointed with the main story 'cause I still miss the "craziness" that was promised by the trailers. for me it's still a normal "Saints Row" with a Dildo :D (If you know what I mean). Okay Prof. Genki is fun (really fun) but it's just a new activity...nothing more.

But I'm very sure that co-op will save the day

I feel the exact same way. The game doesn't feel any different and it's confirming the fears that I had before it came out, that the "craziness" would still be confined to basically dick punching people. I don't want to be that guy comparing it to GTA, but since a lot of us and me included wanted a San Andreas successor I'm pretty disappointed so far.

Teknoman

Fox318 said:
I hope the new DLC has some new Radio stations.

Also as mentions before is anyone on PC having an audio lag during cutscenes?

Nothing for me yet.

EDIT: The intro was pretty insane, and i'd like to think once you run into whatever zombies/or future army force it'll keep going.

MMaRsu

Fox318 said:
Is it still possible to pickup and throw items?
Nope, I guess they took that out as well. Fuck. Now we have to wait for sr4 to put that back in, blinged out rides for mp, personality options (walks,faces,fighting styles), put back foods and other consumables next to grenades.

Branson

MMaRsu said:
Nope, I guess they took that out as well. Fuck. Now we have to wait for sr4 to put that back in, blinged out rides for mp, personality options (walks,faces,fighting styles), put back foods and other consumables next to grenades.
Blinged out rides? Wachu mean? You cant customize cars in co op?

Fox318

MMaRsu said:
Its kinda strange that they took some things out of Saints Row The Third.
SR2 added a ton of shit onto the SR1 and it was awesome because of that. I'm still loving the game though.

Marleyman

Banned
The perfect Dark said:
This game has also so many problems...it's often no fun to play. The main story is totally disappointing so far. Every damn mission is the same: Kill 1000000000000000 random guys + kill 10000 unfair minigun guys/flamethrower guys/fatguys. AI is dying every 10 seconds so I can't fight the enemies...i constantly have to revive my AI partners.

It's a mess

I have had the game since Friday due to THQ.com shipping it early and I agree with this. I can't remember a game that made me cringe this much. The one mission that made me stop playing recently was when you were taking out literally 20 helicopters in a row; shit was real lame.

DrBo42

stuminus3 said:
Posted already, stop stealing my glory! The A&D version isn't gory but it's even more hilarious IMO.

Anyone running this on an HD5770? I fell asleep before the game unlocked last night and won't get to play until I do something about these blasted kids.
Trade them for DLC.

SlickVic

Damn this game is so much fun. In this early going, I'm not sure how different the gameplay and mission set up has been from SR2, but since I really enjoyed that game, can't say that's really a bad thing. Hope it stays awesome as I continue through the story missions.

Teknoman

I guess private co-op = lan...but can people join your steam game without being on your friends list? Say just choosing join game from a steam group menu?

EDIT: Nevermind, lan = lan...so not sure what private vs friend only would mean.

Wiggum2007

I'm hearing reports that the city of Steelport is pretty bland compared to some of the stuff in Stilwater in SR2 (Roman Colosseum, Air and Space Museum, Underground Mall, parks, etc. etc.). What says GAF?

styl3s

Early in the game where you go shopping and the hulk sized brute guy comes charging he literally speared me into the walls of the store and i got glitched.

Good ol' saints row.

Concept17

The perfect Dark said:
This game has also so many problems...it's often no fun to play. The main story is totally disappointing so far. Every damn mission is the same: Kill 1000000000000000 random guys + kill 10000 unfair minigun guys/flamethrower guys/fatguys. AI is dying every 10 seconds so I can't fight the enemies...i constantly have to revive my AI partners.

It's a mess

This is the best post yet. The fact that the game makes upgrades worthwhile and can actually be a challenge is great. Was worried it would be too easy.

Teknoman

Manual isnt any help on the difference between private and friends only. Maybe private = must invite, and friends only = drop in and out for friends.

Teknoman said:
I guess private co-op = lan...but can people join your steam game without being on your friends list? Say just choosing join game from a steam group menu?

EDIT: Nevermind, lan = lan...so not sure what private vs friend only would mean.
I would guess that private means invite only while friends means any of your friends can join.

Teknoman

CrookedRain said:
I would guess that private means invite only while friends means any of your friends can join.

Hopefully friends only extends to people clicking join via a steam group as well. Guess there isnt any text chat, so now would be a great time to test the wireless Playstation headset PC compatibility.

Ploid 3.0

Bread said:
Ok why the fuck are these neighborhood take over things so hard? These roller skating bitches keep destroying me.

Probably need to level up some. Yeah they are very challenging, better that than pushovers. The big guys are when I break. If they start off with big guys I snipe them from the distance and take their gun.

Speaking of that I got a glitch where the backup showed up in the wrong realm. They thought I was ghost form in bayonetta.

http://youtu.be/RhrVnueD_bc

cacophony

zoner said:
HOLY CRAP 'SPORTS' FROM TIM AND ERIC'S ALBUM IS ON THE RADIO

Holy shit this game

That literally just started playing in my helicopter.

Also, the missions where Power plays in the background.. bad ass.

Derrick01

Banned
I think my game is skipping a bit. I've had several instances where a cutscene would end somewhat abruptly and I would fall down a few inches in whatever area I had to be in. I also got an achievement after starting a mission where all I did was watch a short scene with Pierce, it popped right after it was over but there was no mission.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ShockingAlberto said:
I know, if everything else wasn't so good, that would be enough to make me hate it. Thankfully it only plays on one station.
That would be sad if you were swayed by one song.

Derrick01 said:
I think my game is skipping a bit. I've had several instances where a cutscene would end somewhat abruptly and I would fall down a few inches in whatever area I had to be in. I also got an achievement after starting a mission where all I did was watch a short scene with Pierce, it popped right after it was over but there was no mission.

PC version?

FHIZ

Is there any way to quickly unequip a weapon, so I don't have to go into the scroll wheel every time I want to start doing the "awesome" take downs on random pedestrians? not a big negative, just breaks up the flow.

Top Bottom