• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gully State said:
There needs a GOTY category for "Best Use of Power by Kanye West in a Game.." That mission was just awesomely badass...
It's true, does a great job of making sure you realize how awesome you are.

VALIS

THE NO LIFE KING said:
This game is really kicking my ass in Hard Mode. Better step it down. :/

Yeah. I guess that's what all the upgrades are for. It's a beast in Hardcore mode with a character who's barely been altered.

My god this game is amazing. Not the greatest game graphically and I've run into bugs here and there but its just so damn fun. Me and my brother are playing coop and its freaking great. Both of us get XP and money for everything, can buy shops and upgrades and once the player that isn't host goes back to their game, they can skip missions that we've done together.

george_us

Not sure why people are so down on this from a graphics stand point. It looks pretty good compared to other games out there, not the best sure, but pretty good. It's miles above Saints Row 2. I'm mostly impressed by just how much better than game plays though. The shooting and hand to hand combat is fantastic and the vehicle controls are WORLDS better than SR2. Game is fucking amazing so far.

Bread

Banned
Me and my buddy have been experimenting with the crazy vehicles via cheats, and WOWOWOWOWOWOWW this is so much fun. I LOVE the planes and the Specter.

D-Pad

lol. Cruisin' around on a shark and decided to board a cargo fleet. So I ride up to it and press the button to land, and lo and behold, my guy board INSIDE one of the crates. Needless to say, I'm going to have to restart. :( Dunno when I last saved maaan.

george_us

Man the
scene where you and Pierce are singing in the car
is hilarious and adorable. I'm using the female voice 1 and that girl isn't half bad. This game has shown more heart and soul in the first hour than most games I've played this year.

mxgt

Banned
I shot the tyres of a street sweeper vehicle and almost died laughing as it went fucking crazy swerving across some grass right into a house

edit: ^yep I like female voice 1, fits my character well

One thing I never figured out about the Saints Row franchise is how clothing Respect Bonuses work. Do you only get a bonus based upon what you are currently wearing or what you own?

Using Female Voice 2 and its pretty hilarious, love the russian accent, reminds me of Venture Brothers

Claytron

Neo Member
Has anyone been able to, or tried getting LAN to work on PC? No matter what I do I can't find any games on either computer. Tried with 2 different accounts and with 2 of the same.

I jacked this car and this guy got stuck like this. He stayed there until I crashed, he was just flopping around the whole time.

1920x1200 high settings:

4dRg0.jpg

FHIZ

Remembered you could launch yourself out of the Genki car, did that, parachuted into a gang gathering, hit a majority with them with the squid gun, then did my Hulk Hogan taunt in the middle of the chaos.

God, this game is fantastic.

Can someone explain to me exactly how to download characters to my PS3? I've uploaded two from the IS and one from in game. It says I have no characters available for download and that I need to populate my list on their site but I can't find any such list on the site.

DrBo42

TheBrain76 said:
Can someone explain to me exactly how to download characters to my PS3? I've uploaded two from the IS and one from in game. It says I have no characters available for download and that I need to populate my list on their site but I can't find any such list on the site.
Log on to the site and add the characters to your queue.

DrBo42 said:
Log on to the site and add the characters to your queue.

Any idea where to find the queue? Because I can't seem to find damn near anything on their site. Nothing seems to be in any logical order over there. Or maybe it's just me.

DrBo42

TheBrain76 said:
Any idea where to find the queue? Because I can't seem to find damn near anything on their site. Nothing seems to be in any logical order over there. Or maybe it's just me.
Find the character you want and click on add to queue below it.

Edit: For characters you created, click on your account name after logging in. Click on uploads, name and save the characters. If that doesn't do it, I have no idea how to search by name.

LMAO. I like how most of the driving screenshots posted here have a pedestrian floating randomly in the air.

DrBo42 said:
Dunno what that is but you can enter the cheat "brains" and the peds will become what you seek.

OMFG. So zombies while you free roam?!

Anyone else confirm this? This sounds too good to be true.

DrBo42

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
LMAO. I like how most of the driving screenshots posted here have a pedestrian floating randomly in the air.

OMFG. So zombies while you free roam?!

Anyone else confirm this? This sounds too good to be true.
I wouldn't lie to you. Do you not have the game yet?

Yep. AMD Drivers don't work for me. Every time I try i select install/uninstall it just closes the program. Fustrating because I want the game to run as best as it can before i dive in 100 percent

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
george_us said:
Man the
scene where you and Pierce are singing in the car
is hilarious and adorable. I'm using the female voice 1 and that girl isn't half bad. This game has shown more heart and soul in the first hour than most games I've played this year.
I would love to hear all the different voice options for this scene.

DrBo42 said:
Find the character you want and click on add to queue below it.

Edit: For characters you created, click on your account name after logging in. Click on uploads, name and save the characters. If that doesn't do it, I have no idea how to search by name.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Edgeward

I ran into a Professor Genki walking around with a rocket launcher. Tried to take him down but he wouldn't die no matter how many bullets I put in him. Also if you get too close he hits you in the genitals with his rocket launcher. Eventually I just had to cheese it because he was practically or is invincible.

Game is incredible, just love taking out gang operations in one single UAV. And doing running melees on people still brings me great joy. Oh if only I can do figure fours on people in the streets this would be perfect.

DrBo42

Edgeward said:
I ran into a Professor Genki walking around with a rocket launcher. Tried to take him down but he wouldn't die no matter how many bullets I put in him. Also if you get too close he hits you in the genitals with his rocket launcher. Eventually I just had to cheese it because he was practically or is invincible.

Game is incredible, just love taking out gang operations in one single UAV. And doing running melees on people still brings me great joy. Oh if only I can do figure fours on people in the streets this would be perfect.

Took him down with a co-op GAF partner. It was glorious. Earned that damn rocket launcher.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I gotta say, of all the voices, Killbain's VA really seems above the others. I don't know who it is, but he's really good

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone else having issues with their Genki DLC not showing up if you preordered on Steam? I've tried revalidating my game cache, and it keeps trying to redownload something, but it never completes properly.

Dead

well not really...yet
Overall, while I think this is better than SR2 in terms of fun factor, I do think its been streamlined just a tad too much.

Also, do more clothing options unlock as you progress? Cuz the selection atm is getting its ass kicked by SR2

Ken

Will the clothing stores ever get more clothing as I progress through the story?

Put another hour in tonight. Professor Genki mission was surprising fun but short.

danmaku

george_us said:
Not sure why people are so down on this from a graphics stand point. It looks pretty good compared to other games out there, not the best sure, but pretty good. It's miles above Saints Row 2. I'm mostly impressed by just how much better than game plays though. The shooting and hand to hand combat is fantastic and the vehicle controls are WORLDS better than SR2. Game is fucking amazing so far.

No more kart controls?

Top Bottom