• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

How do you activate the telephone missions about gangs attacking your headquarters and the gang waves?
Seems to activate when im near the headqueaters (mostily in the heliport or falling from it), but sometimes it doesnt work.

Some really awesome use of the music in game, I won't go into details. But some of the missions where a song plays in the background the whole time are brilliant.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wow, the Crossfire performance is actually WORSE post-patch. Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Not only crossfire. Ran pretty smooth on my 6970, now it's worse, especially when driving it goes into the 30s.

Not surprised. I just hate how this is one of those AMD "Gaming Evolved" games yet the ATI support on it is dead-set atrocious. Whereas before I could occasionally get up to 60fps with it sitting more often than not at 30 (with the odd dip to 20) now I struggle to keep a constant 30. Even indoors when I used to get 60fps vsynced no problem, it will bounce between 30 and 60 rather erratically.

Ugh, this kind of shit frustrates the hell out of me. Especially when there was this news a month or two ago which basically sold me on it:

Also love that one of the recommended specs for PC was a quad-core CPU, but they advise users to disable two cores if they have issues. Brilliant.

Wow..AMD is really pathetic

Sorry to hear that guys.

How do you activate the telephone missions about gangs attacking your headquarters and the gang waves?
Seems to activate when im near the headqueaters (mostily in the heliport or falling from it), but sometimes it doesnt work.

They just seem to come up randomly as long as you're not in a mission or activities. You can't force them unfortunately.

I don't think it matters where you are, because I've gotten ones that have required me to drive across town to get to.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Because Volition made it worse, AMD is pathetic? Seems unlogical.

well..because Volition said they were working with AMD on it.

For those discussing the PC version, we're working with AMD to fix the issue. The majority of PC users so far are enjoying the game without issue as evidenced by our player numbers compared to issue reports. We hope to have a solution very shortly.

so yeah AMD have a hand on that too.

Gravijah

i wish you could customize the tank. it would be pink my my fully upgraded humvee. :(

it also sucks that you can't customize your walk/attacks/etc. why was that removed?

Edgeward

Usually you have to be walking and not in a car. It's pretty random when you will get the call, never found anything that made it more likely to come about.

dyergram

i wish you could customize the tank. it would be pink my my fully upgraded humvee. :(

it also sucks that you can't customize your walk/attacks/etc. why was that removed?

Buy a rim jobs go in a car you can customize then select garage select your tank ect then press B when it tells you you cant customize it. Now you can customize it :).

Qatar

I still can't believe I bought this game for only a dollar on OnLive...
You are so lucky :(
but tbh I don't regret that I got it for full price, I've been waiting for a loooong time for SR3 to come out, and I now I played it and enjoyed it so much that I can't wait for more content to release.

Qatar

Buy a rim jobs go in a car you can customize then select garage select your tank ect then press B when it tells you you cant customize it. Now you can customize it :).

I tried to customize the tank, but I couldn't. It doesn't allow you to change colors, but I didn't try that with the 8-bit tank

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to use the new multi-quote feature

Lol, my human Pinkie Pie is tearing the fucking town apart, and it feels awesome.

Usually you have to be walking and not in a car. It's pretty random when you will get the call, never found anything that made it more likely to come about.

They just seem to come up randomly as long as you're not in a mission or activities. You can't force them unfortunately.

I don't think it matters where you are, because I've gotten ones that have required me to drive across town to get to.

Thanks guys!

I seriously need to know this. Volition, I know you guys are in this forum, please patch it so I can select survival mode. I need to do about 10 of them to complete SaintsBook and I have completed everything else already. So tedious waiting for shit which takes AGES to appear. I need to close this off before I'm getting my ass into Skyrim.

Funny thing is I'm playing LoZ:Skyward Sword while waiting for my Saints homies to call for a Survival mission, then pause playing Zelda when the ringtone goes off lol. It's also not helping that my real phone's ringtone is the same as the ingame one.....

What a life.. :-D

I seriously need to know this. Volition, I know you guys are in this forum, please patch it so I can select survival mode. I need to do about 10 of them to complete SaintsBook and I have completed everything else already. So tedious waiting for shit which takes AGES to appear. I need to close this off before I'm getting my ass into Skyrim.

Funny thing is I'm playing LoZ:Skyward Sword while waiting for my Saints homies to call for a Survival mission, then pause playing Zelda when the ringtone goes off lol. It's also not helping that my real phone's ringtone is the same as the ingame one.....

What a life.. :-D

Hahaha, thats great.

SimonM7

So tedious waiting for shit which takes AGES to appear. I need to close this off..

Podcasts are your open world achievement cleanup friend. For me, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed 2 and InFamous are firmly associated with One Life Left, Idle Thumbs and Retronauts respectively. :D

Wow, when spitting through the ripped audio files I found a .wav with all the sing-along voices (all 7 of them) merged into one audio file. Amazing :-D

Podcasts are your open world achievement cleanup friend. For me, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed 2 and InFamous are firmly associated with One Life Left, Idle Thumbs and Retronauts respectively. :D

Haha I already listened to 8-4 and W. Confirmed today while playing ;-). 40 hours of FFXII grinding were spend with Idle Thumbs. So relaxing lol

Ouch..bad quality.. Ill keep green onions.

Yeah, but it's straight from the game. Won't get any better than that unless Volition makes something of their own.

Desaan

Jules visits Steelport (PS3 SS, OMG the jaggies!)

MoNA1.jpg

Pimpbaa

I forced myself to finally finish off the last of the GTA IV Episodes. Then my treat afterwards was to play this. The comparison I made to a friend was GTA is like driving a golf cart with baby giraffe legs instead of wheels and a hamster wheel for an engine, and Saints Row 3 is like stepping into a magic realm of actual fun compared to the cumbersome, terrible foot combat of GTA. It's just effortless. I forced myself through everything in GTA. In SR I sit down and the fun is on autopilot.

It's on autopilot alright, to the point where driving is zero challenge in SR3. Cars feel like they are on rails. And the tires don't even match the road (looks like their are gliding everything). This game has the worst driving I've played in any open world game. Driving a car in GTAIV feels like well driving a car. Cars have weight, don't automatically align with the road when you drift into turns, and each car has very different driving characteristics. It's fun because it is an actual challenge, like driving in any decent racing sim. Also, in regards to combat, GTAIV automatically wins for having something basic like being able to go into cover (and shoot from there). Combat in SR3 is fucking archaic.

Akkad

Banned
It's on autopilot alright, to the point where driving is zero challenge in SR3. Cars feel like they are on rails. And the tires don't even match the road (looks like their are gliding everything). This game has the worst driving I've played in any open world game. Driving a car in GTAIV feels like well driving a car. Cars have weight, don't automatically align with the road when you drift into turns, and each car has very different driving characteristics. It's fun because it is an actual challenge, like driving in any decent racing sim. Also, in regards to combat, GTAIV automatically wins for having something basic like being able to go into cover (and shoot from there). Combat in SR3 is fucking archaic.

Who the fuck cares about realistic driving? GTAIV is not a racing sim. SR3 is like a billion times more fun than GTA.

-BLITZ-

It's on autopilot alright, to the point where driving is zero challenge in SR3. Cars feel like they are on rails.

Yes, this is one of those things I though SR3 will fix :-(
I still have problems with car theft list activities and if you noticed everytime you hit left or right, the cars goes like a 15 years old 2D driving game skipping some good part of the road.

More like old tank games, square by square.

Pimpbaa

Who the fuck cares about realistic driving? GTAIV is not a racing sim. SR3 is like a billion times more fun than GTA.

I care about having somewhat realistic driving. But when the driving is worse than a bad iOS racing game, then there is a problem. Driving in SR3 is janky and completely devoid of needing any sort of skill. Rather than being something fun to do when you are not doing missions, it becomes a lousy means of getting from point A to B. There are open world games better than GTAIV, but SR3 is not one of them.

Ploid 3.0

Wow reading over the quote makes me even more happy that it's not a sim driving system. Think about a more sim aiming system where you have to hold your breath, go prone, and check for wind and even more recoil when you shoot at stuff. The driving does it's purpose, it gets me from A to B, and everything in between in a speedy process. I use the cars in just about everything and it controls great.

Finally found Genki. I was just thinking about nice it would be to cross him and get the prize, then 10 minutes later, bam.
9303f5d53ddf11f2a2b22de745998d774cfd1f07.jpg

Also, in regards to combat, GTAIV automatically wins for having something basic like being able to go into cover (and shoot from there). Combat in SR3 is fucking archaic.

If I'm a badass motherfucker with a skin mode of gold and a voice made of zombie vocal-cords and dual-wielding armor-piercing chambered pistols I DON'T NEED TO TAKE COVER, because that's how I roll.

Also, if I have to take cover I just go behind something solid and hit the crouch button. Boom.

Ploid 3.0

If I'm a badass motherfucker with a skin mode of gold and a voice made of zombie vocal-cords and dual-wielding armor-piercing chambered pistols I DON'T NEED TO TAKE COVER, because that's how I roll.

Also, if I have to take cover I just go behind something solid and hit the crouch button. Boom.

I do the crouch thing too. Custom non stick cover. Sure it would be nice to have it to blind fire and be more like uncharted than it already is but it's not needed.

Boogybro

Indeed.
Also I really
felt that I'm a hero while playing the
final mission.
the song worked very well with it

Came back here to post exactly this.

Just did them. I might be a little bit hyped up from playing this, but I think The Third outdoes GTA:SA/every GTA style game. It at least has some of the best individual missions in a sandbox game.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Any tips for the Vehicle Theft? They're pretty damn annoying now that they give you instant notority once getting in them. The car just blows off half way to the destination.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Any tips for the Vehicle Theft? They're pretty damn annoying now that they give you instant notority once getting in them. The car just blows off half way to the destination.
Some of them require you to get a specific car, but others you can get the car out of your garage and then either take it to the chop shop right away or just drive to the area you're supposed to look for it and then it'll point you to the chop shop.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, as funny as it is conceptually
the zombie mission is fucking frustrating as shit
Yep, that's where the game kind of broke for me. But it's easy to push through.

Man, I hated the driving in GTA4 to the point where I finished the game using Taxis whenever possible.

Top Bottom