• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Doing a second campaign playthrough with a female character... Just picked one of the standard characters, and, uhh, her breasts aren't that big but they still jiggle like they're made out of Jell-O. Even from the back I can see them swinging side to side, and it's really weird.

I've been trying to take 100% if Luchadores. There's a house I need but I guess that will come later in the main story. There is also one more gang operation needed. The only area that isn't purple is the left half of Port Pryor at the bottom of the map. Any idea where it is?

Edit: Found it.

DarkChild

Banned
I kinda agree with Pimbaa, I have really big troubles with game cars controlling worse than arcade racer on my Android. It breaks experience right away. Oh, and I think they went overboard with it just for the sake of it. Not feeling it, but enjoying it enough to play it through.

FoxSpirit

I kinda agree with Pimbaa, I have really big troubles with game cars controlling worse than arcade racer on my Android. It breaks experience right away. Oh, and I think they went overboard with it just for the sake of it. Not feeling it, but enjoying it enough to play it through.
What exactly is your problem? Honest question.

Nakimushi

Banned
I just start playing this game yesterday and I had so much fun .... this game is crazy
and i really loved introduction etc with crazy cinematics and missions

agree that cars are very arcade but it was simillar in previous games and i dont have any big problems with that/

there so many things to do in this game its crazy !!!
and the soundtrack is really good

very relaxing game so far

Nekrono

I need help GAF:

I just got this game without knowing or reading too much about it and I'd like to know how does this game run on PC?

I have a:
2500k @stock
4GB RAM
AMD 6950

I'm running the game on DX11 and on the Ultra preset and I'm getting ~10fps on the starting level, I tried switching some settings now but nothing, the performance doesn't improve.

I tried DX9 and set the preset to Ultra as well and now I'm getting ~30.

Playing on 1080p.

Is this normal? I can't accept the fact that this game has such awful performance, must be something else, help please!

By the way I'm running AMD's 11.11a drivers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I need help GAF:

I just got this game without knowing or reading too much about it and I'd like to know how does this game run on PC?

I have a:
2500k @stock
4GB RAM
AMD 6950

I'm running the game on DX11 and on the Ultra preset and I'm getting ~10fps on the starting level, I tried switching some settings now but nothing, the performance doesn't improve.

Playing on 1080p.

Is this normal? I can't accept the fact that this game has such awful performance, must be something else, help please!

Most of the performance issues are AMD related, though not everyone with an AMD card seems to be affected. No issues on the NVIDIA side.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I need help GAF:

I have a:
2500k @stock
4GB RAM
AMD 6950

Playing on 1080p.

When I tried the game on max ( with ambient occlusion ) the game ran like you describe it, practically 20-30 fps for me, 560 ti sli @570 and 2600k@4.5. I turned off AO and the game ran smoothly but still pushing my cards to 90% but still far away from the broken 20 I got with AO enabled.

Most of the performance issues are AMD related, though not everyone with an AMD card seems to be affected. No issues on the NVIDIA side.

I'm running a 460 and my mate is running a 580, unfortunately both of us have been getting really choppy performance with ambient occlusion enabled too. I really hope they find a solution to it, this is one of my favourite games this year from a visuals perspective.

One other thing I've noticed is that the game is a pretty poor advertisement for Steamworks since sometimes it hangs on the pre-launch window for several minutes, or takes as long to synchronise cloud files when you quit the game.

kamspy

AMD 1055t
EVGA 580 GTX

Run the default Ultra config, 8xMSAA. 60 fps more than most of the time. Game runs like a dream. Volition should be commended for getting this thing running so well at maxed settings.

Pimpbaa

Game is pretty demanding gpu wise. Resolution has a huge impact on performance. Running on my 460, I lowered the resolution to 1280x720 with presets to ultra to get high framerates most of the time. Although those with a 6950 or 580 should not have to do this. They did some performance tweaks with the reflections last patch, hopefully they will release more patches that fix performance in other areas.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm running a 460 and my mate is running a 580, unfortunately both of us have been getting really choppy performance with ambient occlusion enabled too. I really hope they find a solution to it, this is one of my favourite games this year from a visuals perspective.
Odd, I had no issues on my 570. 1920x1200 at max settings aside from AA, which I usually leave disabled for any game at that res. Don't even have to OC it for this to run fine, it handles it great at stock settings. And I've put in 20 hours and finished the story missions and am 98% completion. i7 2600k OC'ed to 4.4.

One other thing I've noticed is that the game is a pretty poor advertisement for Steamworks since sometimes it hangs on the pre-launch window for several minutes, or takes as long to synchronise cloud files when you quit the game.
Weird, the game launches up pretty fast for me and I've never had it hang on launch. Well, that is until you skip past the logos and you have a loading screen before the main menu loads...

cacophony

Is anyone else randomly not getting achievements? Especially for story missions. I don't really give a shit about achievements but it's still kind of annoying.

I've just started an assassin mission, it says to stir up the gangs to get the dude to show up. But I've taken over 100% of the area and can't see any. What up?

Gaaraa

I've just started an assassin mission, it says to stir up the gangs to get the dude to show up. But I've taken over 100% of the area and can't see any. What up?

This is the last assassin mission? I've had the same problem, have cleared all the morningstar way earlier and can't find any more.

Have tried killing everyone in the area all that does is attract all the cops

Dead Man

So, this might be a stupid question...

Where does one find this outfit?

QSpVc.png

This is the last assassin mission? I've had the same problem, have cleared all the morningstar way earlier and can't find any more.

Here's an idea. Wait until a cell phone/survival mission pops up in that area or any other area with that particular gang. Once you finish the mission, your notoriety will stay at 4 or 5 stars for a while. Immediately select that assassination and head to that area and hope for the best.

jediyoshi

I care about having somewhat realistic driving. But when the driving is worse than a bad iOS racing game, then there is a problem. Driving in SR3 is janky and completely devoid of needing any sort of skill. Rather than being something fun to do when you are not doing missions, it becomes a lousy means of getting from point A to B. There are open world games better than GTAIV, but SR3 is not one of them.
I miss when statements used tangible points rather than opinions to prove themselves.

george_us

Man it feels like some of these side missions aren't balanced at all. I'm doing one of the 'Snatch' missions and it feels like a fucking crap shoot as to whether I can beat it or not depending on what kind of enemies show up and how retarded the friendly AI is.

Shaneus

Anyone know if the long loading times are a common thing? It will take aaages to load from the "Continue" prompt on PC, yet when disabling Crossfire (even leaving all the other settings the same) it will take a good few minutes.

It was the Almonzo mission. As Neuromancer said, I shot up some civilians and they appeared. However, I'm now trying to do the Alejandro mission which requires a Luchadores vehicle. I've taken 100% of their territory and can't find a single guy to kill so they'll come after me, and shooting up civilians only draws the cops this time.

I've not finished the story yet and I assume more of these would be the same if I started 100% all the areas.

Edgeward

It was the Almonzo mission. As Neuromancer said, I shot up some civilians and they appeared. However, I'm now trying to do the Alejandro mission which requires a Luchadores vehicle. I've taken 100% of their territory and can't find a single guy to kill so they'll come after me.

I've not finished the story yet and I assume more of these would be the same if I started 100% all the areas.

If you continue the story eventually the gangs' vehicles automatically get put in your garage.

Anyone know if the long loading times are a common thing? It will take aaages to load from the "Continue" prompt on PC, yet when disabling Crossfire (even leaving all the other settings the same) it will take a good few minutes.

Nope, never had loading times go into the minutes.

Dead Man

Man it feels like some of these side missions aren't balanced at all. I'm doing one of the 'Snatch' missions and it feels like a fucking crap shoot as to whether I can beat it or not depending on what kind of enemies show up and how retarded the friendly AI is.

I find choosing the right vehicle helps with Snatch missions. I like an upgraded Peacekeeper, or a guard Bulldog with the gun.

So I remember seeing someone play Saint's Row 1 way back when it first came out and I kind of turned my nose up at it(and probably made a snobby comment regarding GTA), and it fell off my radar completely.

Saw this at Walmart the other day and said hmm, read through this thread and now I'm interested. But someone said that SR2 is better than this one.. which should I get GAF?

Throavium

How do the "fist" markers work on the map? Me and someone else were fighting gang members at that spot for 10 minutes, and they seemed to just keep coming.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just bought this. I probably didn't need to buy another videogame right now, but it's Saints Row, why the fuck not. Now Steam needs to hurry up and download this shit.

dreamfall

Spoiler question about Killbane -
I chose to unmask Killbane- meaning I didn't get the Apocofists. Is it possible to get them anytime after? I've 100%-ed the game but I can't figure out if they can be acquired. Killbane deserved the shame of being unmasked, couldn't stop myself!

So I remember seeing someone play Saint's Row 1 way back when it first came out and I kind of turned my nose up at it(and probably made a snobby comment regarding GTA), and it fell off my radar completely.

Saw this at Walmart the other day and said hmm, read through this thread and now I'm interested. But someone said that SR2 is better than this one.. which should I get GAF?

SR2 was great for the time (it came out 3 years ago) but looks pretty dated now. I'd pick this one up.

Oh man I love this game, looks great on the PC. One question though what option is giving me the depth of field look (fuzzy out of focus)? Tried a few things and I can't seem to tone it down.

Shaneus

Oh shit, I completely forgot I had a Saints Row basketball jersey from the ltd. ed. SR2 pizza box. I should put that on whenever I'm playing SR3.

jgminto

Spoiler question about Killbane -
I chose to unmask Killbane- meaning I didn't get the Apocofists. Is it possible to get them anytime after? I've 100%-ed the game but I can't figure out if they can be acquired. Killbane deserved the shame of being unmasked, couldn't stop myself!

Only way I know of is through cheats. If you've 100%-ed the game and gotten all of the achievements you don't have to worry about losing anything. The cheat for the Apocafist is giveapoca.

Top Bottom