• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

derFeef

the only thing i really dislike is that you'll go into your phone, start a mission. you'll have dialog, person will mention wanting to do something. you go there, custcene, blah blah.

then nothing happens. "mission" is over.

That's the "I finished the mission" thing. Not really a good solution, yes.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just got the game, this is one of the most OTT western games this generation, I'm loving it so far.

I have one question, is it recommended that I do certain things such as challenges etc before certain mission? As sometimes you are unable to continue doing it for whatever story reasons such as not being able get back to a location or a character dies etc in these type of games.

Thank you for answering!
You should do enough activities to at least start claiming whole pieces of territory so your gang members will start walking the streets. It's nice being able to recruit help without always having to go back to your crib. Having random guys around also means you can drive back to friendly territory if you're nearby and having a hard time and get random guys to help you fight.

Completely finishing certain activities will give you more unlocks as well (more customization options for your gang, more homies, etc). The respect you earn will also help you long-term obviously, but the harder ones are a lot easier once you hit the higher levels and are essentially invincible with the right upgrades.

You don't have to completely kick a gang out of the map, but if you want to clear one I'd do one of the Morningstar areas since they have 2. I basically left each area around the 95% range so that after I finished the story, I still can easily finish the rest of the challenges when I want to.

TGMIII

Just finished the game. If I enable any of the cheats will that impact my ability to get the rest of the achievements or am I safe?

Just finished the game. If I enable any of the cheats will that impact my ability to get the rest of the achievements or am I safe?

They will impact your achievements yes.

Anyway, you have so much money at the end to buy shit you can just buy invincibility to bullets perk and you're practically invincible. Add some infinite ammo for your pistols and rocket launcher and you're set. Those are basically all the 'cheats' you need.

1. Enter the cheats on your phone.

2. Save!

3. Enable the cheats and play as much as you want, just screwing around.

4. Do not save! You can reload the previous save and achievements won't be affected.

MackVee

Neo Member
I've lost all game progression from Zombie Attack to Pimps Up, Hos Down, that's nine missions completely erased.....fuck.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've finished my masterpiece. I call him Pig Man.

b308f2fbad69f6ef95bec962c7a94a6ea943efd6.jpg
37bac70f5e9ebbcb6dbcad5837c3417afd821355.jpg

de7fa3288ba290043264939f87ba54e254905e50.gif

http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321727459171

Brashnir

Re-installing cleared up all my PC technical difficulties. (well, other than the game simply not running very well, but it was playable.)

That was one of the most ridiculous games I've ever experienced. Saint's Row 2 took the insanity to 11, and this one took it to somewhere around 80,000.

Being able to launch missions from your cellphone rather than going to a spot on the map makes the progression more natural than most open-world games. It also probably cut an hour or two off of the length of the main story.

I like that they simply included some of the activities in these missions rather than forcing you to stop the story at certain points and grinding them to get the respect level needed to continue. I personally rather enjoy some of the activities, but being halted on story progress for a while really wasn't fun. making them a direct part of the progress felt like I was moving the game forward with them rather than being punished with them.

And Burt Reynolds as the Mayor.... That's just an extra-special layer of crazy that can't go without mention.

Shaneus

What issues were you having by having a reinstall fix them? By that, do you mean completely deleting it from Steam then redownloading it?

Brashnir

What issues were you having by having a reinstall fix them? By that, do you mean completely deleting it from Steam then redownloading it?

I was completely unable to change anything in the game settings. The settings would change in the settings screen, but then they would have no actual effect on the game. I was unable to invert Y, change any graphical settings, etc.

And yes, I completely removed it from Steam and re-downloaded.

Herla

So...a phonecall is considered a mission? WTF?
I want to love this game so much, but stuff like this is just stupid...at least the mission after that was pretty good.

clockpunk

I really hope we see some more crazy weapons/shops/foodstuff mechanics, all of which were hinted at some time ago as being potential DLC, soon... hell, I would love a remote-controlled fist-rocket launcher style device! The Shark Gun is amazing, so anything else like that would be an insta-buy. I thought there was going to be 40 weeks worth of content, with small packs released between the big Season Pass ones?

If only the vending machines, at least could be interacted with to get Saints energy drinks for a boost - that would make me very happy with the game.

No doubt about it, SR3 is a solid gem - thank Gawd a friend convinced me to pick it up with the Genki pack, as this is so much more than a bargain bin title.

Wish I could play this game, I can run it in window mode at 800x600 with everything off and still stuck at low fps, amd is slow as always updating the drivers.

mjc

I don't think I've gotten my Genki code from Amazon...has anyone else had this problem? I got a code for some special weapon from Amazon and I have the online pass code, but no Genki code. I preordered and got the game on release day so I should have got the email by now right?

Nivert

If I wasn't already sold on this game, the
alternate reality
mission sure as hell would have done the job. I enjoyed that immensely. I just finished the
zombie
mission and I can't wait to see what else they have in store.

dude it's ANIME HAIR get it right

god

I also love that a lot of people are wearing Deckers with the female characters. Just looks right.

If I wasn't already sold on this game, the
alternate reality
mission sure as hell would have done the job. I enjoyed that immensely. I just finished the
zombie
mission and I can't wait to see what else they have in store.

The 'BEST' is yet to come :p

That Decker outfit is hot shit.

I have like 3 challenges left. Game is still amazing and fun after 45 or so hours.

I don't think I've gotten my Genki code from Amazon...has anyone else had this problem? I got a code for some special weapon from Amazon and I have the online pass code, but no Genki code. I preordered and got the game on release day so I should have got the email by now right?
Yeah you should have it by now, I would email customer service.

Finally about to start this beautiful thing, any tips for someone who has neve played SR before?
Money is very important in this game, as you have to buy all your personal upgrades, weapon upgrades and vehicle upgrades. I would buy stores and then property all over town ASAP and then you can relax and watch the money roll in. Eventually you'll have more money than you know what to do with. Nice thing about the stores is going into them instantly takes away your wanted level so they make money for you and provide a safe haven as well.

Herla

It's the third time the game crashed while trying to complete the last Snatch available...always in the same spot.
I want to punch someone in the balls :(

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Man I wanna get this while it's still 20% off for PC on Amazon. I'm just worried about what performance I'll get with my 5870. Does it run better than GTAIV?

Huggy

The cockney voice is disappointing this time, so I went with the russian lady voice... holy shit, it just fits with this game.

Edgeward

Man I wanna get this while it's still 20% off for PC on Amazon. I'm just worried about what performance I'll get with my 5870. Does it run better than GTAIV?

I can tell you in my personal experience, SR3 runs a hell of a lot better on my 5670 than GTA4 ever will.

Brashnir

I haven't played the PC version of GTA4, but the performance on this one isn't great. It was playable on two 5850's in CF, but I definitely wouldn't say it ran well.

Ploid 3.0

I was playing missions to try to knock them out so I can watch all of the spoiler tagged stuff laughing my butt off. I was all into it until I got a 5 year old spectator. Then I started paying attention to what I did. I stopped at the Angel mission
a chainsaw? What the #(@$
. I had to move on to boring games :(

I didn't expect the missions to be so awesome. Highly entertaining stuff, and so funny at times.

Dan Yo

Banned
Let me get this straight, after the mission where you get the choice to either blow up or keep a certain building, if you keep it does that become one of your cribs? I've heard conflicting reports regarding that.

Gotta say, after my initial disappointment that Female Voice 1 had changed, I really, really liked the new VO actress for FV1. The player character has such well directed/acted deadpan response to the crazy.

Top Bottom