• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Fox Mulder

goddamn the stuff for stealing specific vehicles is annoying. One of the challenges sends me to steal a helicopter from a military base, even though the one I'm flying in is the same kind. Using stored vehicles worked a few other times, but whatever.

When I do get in the single specific helicopter it wants, the game forgets that I was supposed to take it to the chop shop. I have to go back into the menu and select to steal the helicopter again, and go back to the base to steal another one.

maybe I'm just missing something.

Gravijah

does the random homie banter always repeat so often? had 3 homies together and they would go through the same conversation every few minutes.

Corto

I'm getting some weird freezes on cutscenes. Did a search couldn't find any work around. Has anyone here come across this problem?

edit: I'm on PC with DX11 on. I'll try with DX9 if the problem persists.

hwalker84

Beat this game last night Loved it.

I never saw this taunt or compliment in the game

poplockKABOOOOOM.gif

Ploid 3.0

Would have been good in the soundtrack. Remember the Mars Attack movie? It was pretty much it's theme song. I'm sure some Vol members like that movie. Remember the aliens in it, the way they talk haha.

And yesss finally I can pick the color instead of trying to get it to random as red by saving it as an outfit. I never got red to show up.

4430272bfccaa3458877114d8d2c4ff8f7562a5d.jpg

Would have been good in the soundtrack. Remember the Mars Attack movie? It was pretty much it's theme song. I'm sure some Vol members like that movie. Remember the aliens in it, the way they talk haha.

And yesss finally I can pick the color instead of trying to get it to random as red by saving it as an outfit. I never got red to show up.

4430272bfccaa3458877114d8d2c4ff8f7562a5d.jpg

Whoah how'd you do that? PC mod?

OneLetter

Hey you're not a junior any more, congratulations.

The only thing that would have made that dance better would be if you guys could have licensed "It's Not Unusual" and played a short clip of it.

Yeah - not sure who gave me a tag, but thanks mystery person!

Certain songs licensing costs are just a tad too much money to be worth it. When you can license 5-10 other great songs in place of one specific song, you have to look at the overall picture and how often that song (or songs) will play.

Granted, the team here really wanted that song in the game though. :)

shiroryu

Why the fuck is Steam downloading the last 1.2 GB of the install? It asked me for the second DVD of the install, does some copying, then afterwards says it needs more data and now is downloading. The second disk is hardly 1 GB used, why not put the rest on the disk? What's the use of getting the physical copy then? SMH.

Ploid 3.0

Why the fuck is Steam downloading the last 1.2 GB of the install? It asked me for the second DVD of the install, does some copying, then afterwards says it needs more data and now is downloading. The second disk is hardly 1 GB used, why not put the rest on the disk? What's the use of getting the physical copy then? SMH.

I think more data is on steam, the full game might not be on the disk alone. At least you could install some from the disk, TF2 had nothing on the disk apparently and I had to download everything from steam.

Darklord

Banned
Yeah - not sure who gave me a tag, but thanks mystery person!

Certain songs licensing costs are just a tad too much money to be worth it. When you can license 5-10 other great songs in place of one specific song, you have to look at the overall picture and how often that song (or songs) will play.

Seeing as you're from Volition I thought I'd ask. What happened to the TF2 bobble head costumes? You guys confirmed that for PC but I can't find any of that.

Corto

Hey OneLetter! As far as I can tell the freezes that I am encountering are related to the DX11 mode. I play the game in DX9 mode or DX11 windowed and the freezes disappear. Do you guys have some patch planned to fix that situation soonish or is just better for me to just dial down to DX9 and don't wait for a patch to enjoy the awesomeness?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Mate, do me a favor and go and kiss/hug ( depending on your company's sexual harassment policies ) every member who had a hand in this wonderful game. I wish you all nothing but the best critical acclaim and financial rewards.

I
Love
SR3

I third (not intentional :p) Corky and Neuromancer.

Absolutely love this most awesome game of the forever.

Doing shit like any great leader throughout history with my lovely Goth Saint Girl is the tits.

Now get to work on SR4, pleeeeaaaaaaaasssssseeee. :D

Ploid 3.0

Yeah, same here. Give everyone the props. Game is mazing.

I just found out the mind control gun is a remote bomb as well. Doh.

Random character Zatanna. Wanted to find a use for the fishnets.
ba8d2b79f0c9f3a6e2e830e897b1f6a668cb5905.jpg
Zatanna-hughes.png

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey OneLetter! As far as I can tell the freezes that I am encountering are related to the DX11 mode. I play the game in DX9 mode or DX11 windowed and the freezes disappear. Do you guys have some patch planned to fix that situation soonish or is just better for me to just dial down to DX9 and don't wait for a patch to enjoy the awesomeness?
What video card and drivers are you using? I've had no issues with DX11.

Sorry if this has been asked, but if I have 100% on all territories are rival gangs gone forever? I was shooting for the Love/Hate Relationship trophy when the only rival gangs I saw were in survival waves and by the time I get rid of the notoriety they jump ship and disappear. Luckily I found this trophy works with Saints as well. Just wondering if I'm screwed for challenges (although I've been playing on my friend's map in co-op so it's not a huge issue, just a weird one).

This is probably the first PS3 game I will actually Platinum. :lol

Sorry if this has been asked, but if I have 100% on all territories are rival gangs gone forever? I was shooting for the Love/Hate Relationship trophy when the only rival gangs I saw were in survival waves and by the time I get rid of the notoriety they jump ship and disappear. Luckily I found this trophy works with Saints as well. Just wondering if I'm screwed for challenges (although I've been playing on my friend's map in co-op so it's not a huge issue, just a weird one).

This is probably the first PS3 game I will actually Platinum. :lol
Yeah I've 100%'ed all territories and I almost never see enemy gang members any more. I didn't realize you could taunt Saints and get credit for that, had I know that would have made my life a lot easier.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I didn't realize you could taunt Saints and get credit for that, had I know that would have made my life a lot easier.

That's what I ended up having to do in SR2 before I realized taking over the whole map would remove all gang members. Knowing that going into SR3, I made sure not to 100% everywhere until I got the gang-related stuff knocked out.

Yes,
MurderBrawl
is great.

After Angel has worked your character's courage and helped the Saints take down the Luchadores, when you win you can choose to UNMASK Killbane at the end of the match. It doesn't kill him. It doesn't hurt him. But being able to say "This is for you, Angel." before your character says "Smile, Killbane, we're doing it live!" is just amazing.

Ploid 3.0

I liked the first one more. Second was maybe more interesting due to the
sport

I watched some Saints Row 1 trailers... oh man this game has come a long way. I forgot about Gat's white highlights on his hair.

so i completed
http:/deckers.die
yesterday and holy shit.

i hear
murderbrawl
is even better?!

You're the best. Nothing's gonna ever keep you down.

I find it hard to pick a favourite mission, they're really all just that good. Even something reasonably straightforward like Trojan Whores is just so perfectly executed.

Yes,
MurderBrawl
is great.

After Angel has worked your character's courage and helped the Saints take down the Luchadores, when you win you can choose to UNMASK Killbane at the end of the match. It doesn't kill him. It doesn't hurt him. But being able to say "This is for you, Angel." before your character says "Smile, Killbane, we're doing it live!" is just amazing.

Yeah. And THAT song... amazing.

Herla

Holy shit at the
***mars***
ending. I fucking love this game.
Such a shame there are so many little problems here and there, it could've easily been my GOTY. Oh well, number 2 it is.

Now to decide if the season pass is worth the money...it's not gonna disappear any time soon, right?

OMG, the mayor of steelport is fucking
Burt Reynolds!
I thing thats one of the awesomest things ever in a game. :lol

I think im just at the end of the game, just
killed all luchadors in "accidents" so I can fight against the boss in murderbrawl
, I have finally got all the shitty gang accomplishments you need to do first before I wipe them of all the steelport islands.

I have like 2000 differnt screenshots of craziness and my character story from the game. Some of them are just awesome!

http://decker.die has to be one of the best missions in any open world game.

Absolutely!

That and the new
zombie
island.

This game is just nuts. It has to be the xraziest game ever. My favourite sandbox with Bully. Great work Voliton team!

Went to the Saint Row wiki to look about stillwater and the rest of the characters in other saints row. Wow did this game has changed from the first one.

Quick

Banned
Best sandbox game this gen. I love this game.

Too many awesome moments to even pick from, and the dialogue is hilarious. The absurdity of this game really lightens up all the serious games I've played lately (AC Revelations, Batman: AC, Uncharted 3, etc.).

Nothing game breaking, but was it just me or did characters refer to your character as "he", even though your character is a girl. Thought it was pretty odd, but nothing distracting.

saunderez

Best way to get gang members to reappear if you've accidentally cleared a zone is to go into a diversion, cause as much mayhem as possible, and quit out of the activity. If you're fast enough to nail the gang cars before they drive off you'll gain a star or 2 and can use that to build more stars.

Well certainly did my part. Bought this twice now. Once on PC and now on PS3.

Hope Volition get's the success they most definitely deserve this time around with SR3.

Also, can't wait for inSANE!

Best sandbox game this gen. I love this game.

Too many awesome moments to even pick from, and the dialogue is hilarious. The absurdity of this game really lightens up all the serious games I've played lately (AC Revelations, Batman: AC, Uncharted 3, etc.).

Nothing game breaking, but was it just me or did characters refer to your character as "he", even though your character is a girl. Thought it was pretty odd, but nothing distracting.
Well... Your character started off as a 'he' in Saints Row 1...

At what point are the 'tutorial' missions over?
I think you probably end up doing one of every activity.

Top Bottom