• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

dreamfall

Yeah they made it a pain in the ass unfortunately. Still, better than nothing.

Awesome, this picture didn't turn out right but I'm going to go on a photo-op! Thanks for the instruction!

ijhgp.jpg

Edit: Made it brighter!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I may not be thinking of the difficulty in this game the correct way. In the mission to rescue Angel, I'd be fine if I didn't have to go revive him, but as it stands either he or I will always die once there are flamethrower guys present. I've retried 30 times.

edit: Forgot about the post complaint on GAF feature obviously... beat it the next attempt

Dammit! It looks like my favorite SR2 bug has returned. That is, not being able to call homies because their phones are perma-engaged! Annoying. Especially when you want some zombie killing company. Hopefully it'll get patched.
Meanwhile, heres a pic of my girl, drop kicking a crooked cop...

scaled.php

plainr_

So you can get this game on Onlive for a dollar. This game is ridiculous and just fucking awesome. Never really like Saints Row before but I think I'm going to shell out and buy it for PS3 now.

Ploid 3.0

Still 404ing for me :( I can see your profile, but when I click on the pig, it shits.

Edit: On a related note, their 404 message is funny, but why is it censored? They are behind an age gate or account page.

Works for me, wow Snuggler your SR site avatar is.. animated.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
finished http:\\decker.die last night..this games campaign is just fantastic. More I play it the more I appreciate just how great a job they did overall.
Gonna resist the urge to buy the final damage upgrades,since god mode really does take the fun out of things.
Really wish there was a way to switch to first person perspective for just wandering around exploring..always find it more immersive.
Oh they really did a great job with the sense of scale this time..much better overall height adjustments in the city areas.

After being somewhat lukewarm on it after the first hour or so (yes I know it even starts off crazy), I decided to sit down and put some real hours into it. 18 hours and a weekend later, this is one of my favorite games of the year. Loved it. It does kind of peak around mission 35 (you know… that one) but it still manages to finish off great. The choices in it were surprisingly tough for such a goofy game. I want more!

Been in a Pumpkin Pie and Skyrim induced haze for the last 4 days, then I'm off to a damned seminar all week. Pig man is making the wait to get back into the game unbearable.

Again, really enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. Sure it's janky and unpolished in parts (what open world isn't?). Bottom line - it's crazy fun!

Yuripaw

Banned
This may be a long shot, but does anyone have the Onlive version of this game? I figured it was worth buying a game on there for only a $1, and I didn't notice any terrible lag while playing the demo.

Just curious if anyone had it for onlive though because I would like to add some folks to my friend list for co-op. My username is Yuripaw on there.

Had a falling out with Skyrim and fixed it by downloading this from Steam. Good times have been had ever since :)

Gunplay is damn satisfying, vehicle controls are just fine, missions are hilarious and performance is decent to awesome on my Radeon card(s). The game could still use a major patch though, as I have to alt-tab on the first load to get the game to actually play - otherwise it'll just stay in a loading limbo forever.

My only other gripes is that it seems like the game expects that you've played previous Saints Row games, which I haven't, outside of giving Saints Row 2 ten minutes of gametime where it dropped fps into the teens. I never gave the game another try. But are there any solid resources/FAQs out there for those new to the series?

Ploid 3.0

Finally finished the game. 69 hours, and my most controlled territory is at about 55% with my lowest at around 40.

Random pose picture spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/z7hIC.jpg

Epic endings, feels like they really didn't have enough money for this game or time but they did good stuff anyway.

Edit: oh crap, forgot one of those characters is a spoiler. I should have picked another homie.

Gotta say this game sure doesn't seem like it needs a whored mode. Most of the missions I've done so far have been holding out against waves of enemies anyhow.

Not that its not fun, mind you.

desertdroog

Sleepy Buddah, that pic is awesome!

Angel, Devil and the Gimp (purgatory)!

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one running with all ladies as my backup.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sleepy Buddah, that pic is awesome!

Angel, Devil and the Gimp (purgatory)!

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one running with all ladies as my backup.

I had all ladies except one slot for ninjas. Because, come on! Ninjas! Having them show up out of nowhere with assault rifles in big-ass trucks as unexpected backup is awesome.

desertdroog

I had all ladies except one slot for ninjas. Because, come on! Ninjas! Having them show up out of nowhere with assault rifles in big-ass trucks as unexpected backup is awesome.

I'm getting a Big Trouble in Little China vibe off of that, despite Ninjas and not Kung-Fu masters...but, hey....I wonder if I could do a Kurt Russel character?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I'm getting a Big Trouble in Little China vibe off of that, despite Ninjas and not Kung-Fu masters...but, hey....I wonder if I could do a Kurt Russel character?
Oh hell yes I forgot about good old Jack Burton..the man!

Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
BIG-TROUBLE-IN-LITTLE-CHINA-l.jpg

I would have preferred they had let you customize your gang fully. It would be awesome to have your own made characters going around the city.

That would make my Pinkie Pie main character hang out with the rest of the girls. :lol

I hope for a mod that lets us do that.

There is a PC mod made by Rick/gibbed (wish he was on GAF)

Wow thanks!

Gravijah

what exactly does killing the
professor genki mascot
do? i tried to kill him once and he died, but nothing happened. someone else might have gotten the kill, though.

what exactly does killing the
professor genki mascotp
do? i tried to kill him once and he died, but nothing happened. someone else might have gotten the kill, though.
You get a lot of cash (look for it near his body). He does have a lot of health, so use your best weapons against him.

Top Bottom