• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Started the TPP lp now that I'm a good chunk into the game.

Liam fultoning DD in the sandstorm is critical levels of gunjumping. Would've been hilarious if it failed.

I almost yelled when I saw the 40% and he fultoned him. He almost lost DD ._.

Liam's getting As in parts where I went full stealth and got Bs.

What sorcery is this???

LiamGitGud.gif

But there are later missions (and I really mean later) where you have to do total stealth though I think they're optional. Also, if you do perfect stealth (no reflex/kills) you get about 30,000 extra points. But time is the most important factor. There isn't any reason to go slow. Especially when you get DD and Quiet as buddies and can they scout/mark almost everything.

Anung

Un Rama
Best Friends Play Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (Part 5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egt-UPe7Zfk

giphy.gif

Kater

Banned
Why is the Danganronpa LP so unpopular?

Also, hi, I've been here before but that's some time ago now and in a previous OT. Still following the SBF, watching the Until Dawn LP at the moment.

Squishy3

Also, hi, I've been here before but that's some time ago now and in a previous OT. Still following the SBF, watching the Until Dawn LP at the moment.
It's the 3rd game in a series where the only official English releases are on the PS Vita.

It's also not as good as the other 2 games.

I'm honestly liking the DR playthrough more than Starfox, but that's because I'm a mega-fan and hearing Woolie and Liam gush over stuff they liked about in the other games is like hearing good friends talk about it. Can't wait to see how they react to some of the more fucked up things in the game.

Not watching UD or MGS because I plan to play those at some point.

They decided to LP a game where the first two in the trilogy are absolutely required reading.

That and apparently Woolie keeps fucking up details from said previous games sounds like a bad time.

I like the DR playthough way more then Starfox, mostly because watching starfox gameplay(and pretty much any other 3d platformer collectathon for that matter) is the most boring shit to watch ever. I'd probably enjoy it more listening to it like a podcast. The DR LP however, I find myself wishing they would shut up so I can read whats going on since shit is actually happening, even if the gameplay is not all that much more interesting(to bad it isn't a dmc style game where you just play as Jack the whole time, that'd be sick, but apparently VN fans are bad at video games? So they had to make it easy for them).

I like watching Star Fox cause I played it 10 years ago so there's some minor nostalgia and I wanted to see how they'd react to some of the stuff that happens(especially the ending). I can see why it'd be boring to watch though, especially the combat is just awful.

So...I just beat The Evil Within.

Watching the LP turned me off from it, but I picked it up for 15 bucks.

And it's not a terrible game, but it feels like a game that smushed together, like they had to cut out parts of it.

And there's that feeling later on when it feels like they're trying to disguise lazing game design with references to other games.

Having two Keepers suddenly show up stinks of it particularly.

Oh damn, I just checked the numbers between that last DR part and the current Until Dawn episode. That's a pretty huge difference.

To be fair the episode just dropped and all their LPs are getting less views than UD. But yeah, DR is by far the lowest. Unsurprisingly because they chose to play the third game in a recently localized story heavy series first.

Even if there are low views, I hope they finish DR, or at least get to chapter 3 before dropping it.

I don't even think they've ever dropped an LP before. Even when it can get really bad, they see it through to the end.

Even if there are low views, I hope they finish DR, or at least get to chapter 3 before dropping it.

They should be finishing it. No LPs have been cancelled so far, instead they just become a bit disinterested with playing it. See Nuzlocke, Evil Within, ReBoot.

Speaking of Nuzlocke, are we ever getting another stream from the group? I nominate ReBoot so each friend can arrive to find Woolie on his drunken spiral down the Woolie hole

joe2187

Banned
Im really enjoying DanganRonpa. Big fan of the games, and it's such a niche title it's nice to hear others talk and react to it.

Specially since there's alot of really really fucked up shit later on.

Skrams

I doubt this of all games will be the first canceled LP.

I'm also not surprised by the low views as this is one of the most niche LP choices they could of done. Vita only and the third game in the series on release day. I don't know what they expected.
They should be finishing it. No LPs have been cancelled so far, instead they just become a bit disinterested with playing it. See Nuzlocke, Evil Within, ReBoot.

Speaking of Nuzlocke, are we ever getting another stream from the group? I nominate ReBoot so each friend can arrive to find Woolie on his drunken spiral down the Woolie hole
I feel like Matt recently talked about having an idea for a stream on a podcast, but didn't allude to what it could be about. He just said he thought it was a good idea.
Don't forget "What's Coming Out in ____"
Have they made a comment about this and I just missed it? Seems real weird to just not address this thing being canceled that they did for 3 months and then fucking nothing for another 3 months. I'd be a bit surprised if they said it was too much work or something like that.

Nah, they'll see both to the end. 'blee dat.

Troo nuff

Have they made a comment about this and I just missed it? Seems real weird to just not address this thing being canceled that they did for 3 months and then fucking nothing for another 3 months. I'd be a bit surprised if they said it was too much work or something like that.

Haven't missed anything because they've said nothing. They probably worked on them, but like the rest of their 'best of' videos just couldn't be put out on time. We might get June's by next March if so. I guess because of the podcast where they can talk about them anyway it's not super important for them to get them out

Geez, they are overthinking everything super hard in the TPP playthrough. Save them pennies Liam.

Also, the Until Dawn LP is making me feel super guilty for not buying... it looks super good you guys.

Kater

Banned
Also, the Until Dawn LP is making me feel super guilty for not buying... it looks super good you guys.
Yeah, I'll get it once I get a PS4, by then it's probably way cheaper too but I still support the dev for making a great choice-based game with some decent horror story.

That mission would've been so much more bearable to watch if it wasn't for the gun jumping.
Literally gun jumping over the humid survivor in the last part who had the Honey Bee's whereabouts...

But I'm watching for the gun jumper.

Skrams

Liam's playstyle makes me extremely uncomfortable for some reason.

I'm not sure about uncomfortable, but it does feel half assed to me at least. Punching guys or throwing them against walls instead of just choking them out. Running past the prisoner beforehand leading to eighteen minutes of walking around talking about a magical prisoner and ignoring the glowing green boxes they saw in night vision.

I also can't believe they actually didn't use the honeybee. I completed expected popping off with the honeybee, but instead I'm just left with a chub in my hand.

Edit- I can't wait until they find out how the helicopter equipping works because jesus.

kewlmyc

Despite all the shit that I've been saying about the Danganronpa LP, I hope the do finish it. There's fun stuff ahead for the game, and from what I've been seeing, the LP is getting more and more enjoyable (they're paying attention to dialogue, not talking over cutscenes as much). Plus it has the potential of being the most fucked up game on the channel, content wise.

I remember Woolie saying a friend of his did the same kind of "What games are coming out this month" thing and it was like the hardest shit in the world to do. That's not an explicit reason that we haven't seen another one of those vids, but I'm just saying.

Top Bottom