• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Skrams

I remember Woolie saying a friend of his did the same kind of "What games are coming out this month" thing and it was like the hardest shit in the world to do. That's not an explicit reason that we haven't seen another one of those vids, but I'm just saying.

Wrong quoted person, but that was completely different. I'm pretty sure that situation was Woolie doing it as a favor for one month when Shmup God Pat couldn't. That was also including every single release in the month. In this situation it's just games the guys are interested in. I don't want to underestimate video production, but if the guys were to say talking over prerecorded trailers is hard then I don't know. That would just be surprising to me.

Super Best Fiddles Play

Edit: Oh btw, does anyone here not have Dark Souls PC version? I just saw that I have a bunch of copies sitting on steam from when a price glitch made them $0.19 each. If anybody wants them, pm me

Jesus fuck at Liam taking out those soldiers before they had a chance to react while on horseback! Truly the greatest gun jumper in the world. I can't wait until Liam establishes Gun Jumpers Sans Frontieres.

I actually don't have DS pc... since when it came i didn't think it would run very well on my pc. now that i got a pc that can run it(and probably quite well) I've just been telling myself I'll wait for ds3, but I wouldn't mind giving DS1 a proper playthough(after I'm done with MGSV anyways).

Geg

Man, watching Liam run around the cave for 10 minutes thinking he was looking for Metal Gear because he didn't look at the mission info in the iDroid. Then them not noticing they can't upgrade the helicopter because they still don't have enough GMP

I imagine this is what it felt like for people who played Bloodborne to watch that playthrough

Man, watching Liam run around the cave for 10 minutes thinking he was looking for Metal Gear because he didn't look at the mission info in the iDroid. Then them not noticing they can't upgrade the helicopter because they still don't have enough GMP

I imagine this is what it felt like for people who played Bloodborne to watch that playthrough

nah even doing what Liams doing hes still moving faster than Woolie

The Phantom Pain playthrough is quickly becoming one of my favorite things they've ever done... But I can't describe how annoying it is knowing that Pat thinks the whole world sees Snake as the character they set up during character creation in the hospital at the beginning! It's such a minor thing but it's bugging me so much every time he brings it up.

Skrams

Uh, no.

They already bought the upgrade. It was only 60k. They just don't know how to equip it. They keep thinking they still need to buy it I think, but they actually just need to equip it from the ACC. I'm sure they'll figure it out in 10 more parts.
I hope it's only 10 because godddd.

The Phantom Pain playthrough is quickly becoming one of my favorite things they've ever done... But I can't describe how annoying it is knowing that Pat thinks the whole world sees Snake as the character they set up during character creation in the hospital at the beginning! It's such a minor thing but it's bugging me so much every time he brings it up.
So he isn't that guy? Pat keeps bringing it up and I wiped that part of the beginning from my brain so I kind of assumed Pat was right. It was a neat idea in my head to think I looked different than what was perceived, but I had no idea if that was actually a thing or not.

Uh, no.

They already bought the upgrade. It was only 60k. They just don't know how to equip it. They keep thinking they still need to buy it I think, but they actually just need to equip it from the ACC. I'm sure they'll figure it out in 10 more parts.

So he isn't that guy? Pat keeps bringing it up and I wiped that part of the beginning from my brain so I kind of assumed Pat was right. It was a neat idea in my head to think I looked different than what was perceived, but I had no idea if that was actually a thing or not.

No, that was just Pat misinterpreting that scene unfortunately. He looks exactly the way he looks.
Its a little hard to discuss it without spoilers, but the easiest way to describe that scene would be to say the doctor got murdered before he ever preformed the plastic surgery, like that was just him showing Snake how he WOULD look when the surgery was done. They go into much greater detail later on, but take that as the simple version.

Moonlight

Banned
I think for all my problems with it, I'm still really happy Liam and Woolie are playing and talking about DR at all. It's a series really close to my heart, and it makes me smile to hear them talk about all their favourite moments in the series and stuff. It's just... not great, exactly, listening to them talk about the actual game, because they're obviously missing big details trying to talk and read at the same time. And, uh, fudging a few details from the past games themselves.

The salt over how it's not MGSV or Until Dawn is ridiculous, though. I think they could have been a little smarter about how they presented it (because AE isn't so much an unrelated spinoff as it is something that leans heavily on the continuity of the other two games), but the way some people act about how it's not serving them exactly what they want strikes me as incredibly conceited.

Anung

Un Rama
Uh, no.

Pat's wrong on this one. You're big boss and to everyone you look like big boss. Just think as the opening create-a-character as your online avatar for FOB.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I remember Woolie saying a friend of his did the same kind of "What games are coming out this month" thing and it was like the hardest shit in the world to do. That's not an explicit reason that we haven't seen another one of those vids, but I'm just saying.

Okay I'm very confused, because I did not make the post you're quoting, and clicking the little arrow thing doesn't take me to that post, but another post that I did make.

What the

No, that was just Pat misinterpreting that scene unfortunately. He looks exactly the way he looks.
Its a little hard to discuss it without spoilers, but the easiest way to describe that scene would be to say the doctor got murdered before he ever preformed the plastic surgery, like that was just him showing Snake how he WOULD look when the surgery was done. They go into much greater detail later on, but take that as the simple version.
I haven't played MGSV but this is what I figured as well. I don't know why Pat thought the surgery would be instant or something, MGS is super unrealistic but not that ridiculous.

I haven't played MGSV but this is what I figured as well. I don't know why Pat thought the surgery would be instant or something, MGS is super unrealistic but not that ridiculous.

I understand it. I think after you do the selection it fades to black and the doctor approaches you again, which was always a signal that time had passed. Honestly I kind of thought that too; Big Boss was seeing himself in the mirror as normal, but outwardly he might have changed.

The salt over how it's not MGSV or Until Dawn is ridiculous, though. I think they could have been a little smarter about how they presented it (because AE isn't so much an unrelated spinoff as it is something that leans heavily on the continuity of the other two games), but the way some people act about how it's not serving them exactly what they want strikes me as incredibly conceited.

Ignore youtube comments forever. This isn't the first or last time this has happened.

But really tho, when's Star Fox.

Well, after coming back home early from work because I got there just after all positions were filled, now I have time to get caught back up on the Phantom Pain video from last night (and actually catch today's videos when they go up).

Geg

Imagine if Liam's playstyle was the canon Big Boss, rushing into areas and saying "no it's fine" whenever he gets spotted

Disgraced

I think I would enjoy the Danganropa LP if it had somebody in it who doesn't know anything about it to ask "What is that?" and "Why is it like that?" like that character who's usually necessary in a weird movie for exposition and to reel viewers not-in-the-know in. Right now as it is it's far too alien for me to continue.

Numb

I think I would enjoy the Danganropa LP if it had somebody in it who doesn't know anything about it to ask "What is that?" and "Why is it like that?" like that character who's usually necessary in a weird movie for exposition and to reel viewers not-in-the-know in. Right now as it is it's far too alien for me to continue.

Making me miss classic oblivious Matt that trolled even when he already knew.
Two people who know what's up does pull you away in such an LP.

Also skla respond if you alive.
It's Ultimax night.
Can you feel it?
The storm

Play the games and everything will make sense

Anung

Un Rama
Totally misread that. Apologies, its just hard to gauge with how people have been with metal gear spoilers recently. Getting up in arms over literally nothing.

a bloodbath is brewing about that Blackhound stuff
someone might of pissed off the MGS fanbase to a ludicrous extreme(me included)
or its a ruse who knows

MrHoot

a bloodbath is brewing about that Blackhound stuff
someone might of pissed off the MGS fanbase to a ludicrous extreme(me included)
or its a ruse who knows

Just fiddles within fiddles within fiddles

I loved PT as much as the next guy but yeah, i'm not subscribing to nay indie spinoff of it. Will be like with Amnesia where it's gonna be just a bunch of derivative stuff. I don't trust a lot of people in making actual "psychological horror" anymore

Just fiddles within fiddles within fiddles

I loved PT as much as the next guy but yeah, i'm not subscribing to nay indie spinoff of it. Will be like with Amnesia where it's gonna be just a bunch of derivative stuff. I don't trust a lot of people in making actual "psychological horror" anymore

i dont like it when some nobodies use a well known and loved developers name just to gain publicity either

Anung

Un Rama
i dont like it when some nobodies use a well known and loved developers name just to gain publicity either

Meh. I was on board because of the Kojima, Del Toro, Reedus creative spark. Konami making a new one or indies trying to milk it will get nothing from me.

Numb

It does put it on your radar if you liked P.T tho.
Best thing to do in such a situation is wait for the reviews after it comes out.

Top Bottom