• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Alright, up to date on Until Dawn, and boy shit sure did escalate quite quickly. I'm honestly now hoping Mike turns out of this ordeal as the baddest mother fucker on the mountain.

So for the latest episode of Until Dawn.
Could hat have just not chosen between Ashley or Josh? It looks like the blade actually couldn't have gone past the junction point if they didn't choose a direction. It seemed like the obvious choice to me.
It either
had to be time sensitive or there was some choice made a while back that leads to this regardless.

Also god dammit Peter Stormare, why are you still the best thing in this game?

MrHoot

So for the latest episode of Until Dawn.
Could hat have just not chosen between Ashley or Josh? It looks like the blade actually couldn't have gone past the junction point if they didn't choose a direction. It seemed like the obvious choice to me.

I tried that once I did the choice, not touching the lever, but it kinda goes automatically to the one you chose anyway

Extra spoiler tho, read if you want to but
they made the right choice

Crazy theory(technically no spoiler since it's all conjecture):
the killer is Josh anyway, he didn't get murdered, it was some weird trick he pulled to not be suspected or something. It's crazy I know.

I'm waiting for you to answer with 0 lol

10 for the current part of the story, but this game goes places.

zeemumu

Crazy theory(technically no spoiler since it's all conjecture):
the killer is Josh anyway, he didn't get murdered, it was some weird trick he pulled to not be suspected or something. It's crazy I know.

I'm waiting for you to answer with 0 lol

10, but at the same time 0.
I uh

Did not expect that to be true

Even though I kinda spoiled it I'm really interested in how the game tries to explain that.
there are subtle winks and nods throughout the cabin that give away the reveal.

aly

Seriously drunk-blank puts me off entirely. One off drunk shows are fine but other than that it's shite.

Yeah. It kinda made the Bloodborne finale and e3 stuff a little annoying as well for me. But I never thought drunk people were very funny except to themselves.

Sometimes I worry about drunk lps. I've seen internet people get drunk while experiencing/reviewing something shitty and all it does is make them super bitter.

MrHoot

Woolies slowly descending into Despair
we might need to quarantine Canada

His smile and optimism gone

xBxwNQ1.png

The more I look at the picture in this context, the sadder it gets tho

You telling me that Drunk Matt in one of the first Rustlemania's this year wasn't the best thing ever?!
I'll tell you that. That and Wrestlefest were a bit ruined for me because of it. Them spending most of the video not knowing how to tag made it a little hard to watch too.

Is it my PS4 YouTube app or is the ReBoot video really quiet?

Altairre

Just finished Until Dawn. What a great game. Actually managed to save everyone, I'm really curious how many they'll save. I sure hope Matt is good at the don't move sequences.

Just finished Until Dawn. What a great game. Actually managed to save everyone, I'm really curious how many they'll save. I sure hope Matt is good at the don't move sequences.
After watching Giant Bomb East's first part of their Until Dawn playthrough earlier today, I think it's safe to say Matt will have a better handle on it compared to Alex when those moments happen later in the game.

I think this is the first time I'm playing along while watching an LP. It's quite neat actually. Though I'm being cautious with how much I watch, don't wanna spoil where I am. Though I know they're only recorded so far to mission 9.

Finally listened to the part of the podcast where Pat was singing Rick and Morty's praises and it is glorious. That's two out of the four that has watched it up to date.

I might bite the bullet and get Until Dawn and maybe Mad Max but for now I've got a gigantic backlog of games I've got over the years. Keep buying games without finishing them (let alone starting them up) sucks.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Finally listened to the part of the podcast where Pat was singing Rick and Morty's praises and it is glorious. That's two out of the four that has watched it up to date.

I might bite the bullet and get Until Dawn and maybe Mad Max but for now I've got a gigantic backlog of games I've got over the years. Keep buying games without finishing them (let alone starting them up) sucks.
follow pat's advice: "Sooner or later you are gonna realize You are an adult and adult responsibilities, so its impossible to complete your backlog."

Now unless you had the Za Warudo...

Wow TPP gives no fucks about spoiling anything with those intro credits.

I fully expect Guest Starring: George "Solidus Snake" Sears in a later ep

Started the TPP lp now that I'm a good chunk into the game.

Liam fultoning DD in the sandstorm is critical levels of gunjumping. Would've been hilarious if it failed.

Liam gunjumps so hard I can just feel Pat trying not to lose his mind and fuss over how Liam's approaching everything in Phantom Pain.

And I am A-OK with that scenario.

Liam gunjumps so hard I can just feel Pat trying not to lose his mind and fuss over how Liam's approaching everything in Phantom Pain.

And I am A-OK with that scenario.

Yeah it's the complete opposite of how I play(at least on the main missions) but it's fun to watch and is probably a better suited play style for an LP. I wait for the inevitable moment they find a high rank soldier and instead of fultoning him, he gets caught in the crossfire of the gunjumper.

Geg

lol of course gun jumper Liam rushes right past the prisoner who knows where the Honey Bee is

But yeah other than weird things like that Liam is too good at this game and it makes me super jealous

Numb

lol of course gun jumper Liam rushes right past the prisoner who knows where the Honey Bee is

But yeah other than weird things like that Liam is too good at this game and it makes me super jealous
People either admire The Liam or envy him.

joe2187

Banned
Liam plays it by the seat of his pants.

Everytime I play an MGS game it's always 100% stealth, no Kills.

Oh shit...An enemy spotted me?

!

Oh, The alert went off...

welp

i3IfafU.gif

Liam plays it by the seat of his pants.

Everytime I play an MGS game it's always 100% stealth, no Kills.

Oh shit...An enemy spotted me?

!

Oh, The alert went off...

welp

i3IfafU.gif

Yep just stand still and take the bullets to restart. Then a minute later when I'm still not dead and wondering why I didn't just rush to the exit.

I also reinstalled Sim CIty 2000 every time my city wasn't going quite the way I wanted.

And at least Kojima didn't get his way with the first MSX game where the cart would become unplayable after losing

Liam's getting As in parts where I went full stealth and got Bs.

What sorcery is this???

Geg

Liam's getting As in parts where I went full stealth and got Bs.

What sorcery is this???

The penalty for triggering a combat phase is much lower than the penalty for spending a long time on a single mission because you're trying to stealth it

PowerTaxi

Banned
I'm only watching the parts of the MGS LP if I'm certain I'm further ahead of them.

Anyway, Part 5 :
I C4 the comms dishes all stealth like while Liam just runs in and mows the shit down with a gun. This game

The penalty for triggering a combat phase is much lower than the penalty for spending a long time on a single mission because you're trying to stealth it

Really sucks that full stealth is now disintivized.

Guess I have to play more like Just Cause than Splinter Cell and just blow shit up.

Really sucks that full stealth is now disintivized.

Guess I have to play more like Just Cause than Splinter Cell and just blow shit up.
I'm assuming if it's just a time penalty, than it's not completely an issue with stealth not being viable if you're going through with a plan from the start and sticking with it. Though it sort of does still punish that approach the first time through a mission when you don't fully know anything about it.

Either way, fucking god dammit, Kojima.

Top Bottom