• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Pat's acting really obnoxious about the whole RE thing.

His purist attitude about Resident Evil really rubs me the wrong way.

Is it wrong to want your franchise to stay the same way you fell in love with it?

Umbrella Corps or w/e it's called is very clearly not a RE game. It might be good, it might be bad, but it's not a RE game so I can understand the outrage to a degree that they'd put their timer into what is very clearly a quick cash in attempt as opposed to an actual, proper, mainline game.

Eh, they just put out Revelations 2 for the fans of RE4 and 5, and they're developing REmake 2 for the fans of older RE games, so if they wanna do some spinoff then there's really no problem with it since its not impacting development on other RE games.

This isn't a Nintendo Metroid situation.

Is it wrong to want your franchise to stay the same way you fell in love with it?

Umbrella Corps or w/e it's called is very clearly not a RE game. It might be good, it might be bad, but it's not a RE game so I can understand the outrage to a degree that they'd put their timer into what is very clearly a quick cash in attempt as opposed to an actual, proper, mainline game.

Fans don't get to decide what a franchise should or should not be. Creators do and I give creators/IP holders the benefit of the doubt.

He got RE 4 after RE 1-3 and the gameplay there radically shifted from the static angles and survival gameplay to an action game with kicks and athletic flips and very few moments of scavenging for ammo. He should've seen the writing on the wall in 2005.

Liam's argument was sound: no real details are provided about that Umbrella Corps game, but enough people bought ORC and want to see more of that cooperative gameplay. In Capcom's eyes, they want to exploit that combat engine and doing it via spin off is the best way to do that.

Eh, they just put out Revelations 2 for the fans of RE4 and 5, and they're developing REmake 2 for the fans of older RE games, so if they wanna do some spinoff then there's really no problem with it since its not impacting development on other RE games.

This isn't a Nintendo Metroid situation.

Precisely. It doesn't affect Pat as much as he claims it does.

Edzi

Nah, I feel similarly to Pat when it comes to certain franchises staying the same (MGS is a big one), but I think he just came off as a dick when he started talking about how all spin offs in general don't need to exist.

I think its pretty funny in this case that Pat has loved Resident Evil since the beginning yet I'm pretty sure that 4, which was a huge deviation from standard resident evil, is his favorite game in the series and i think in general.

Wanting things to stay the same is fine, but I think in general thats its important to understand that things change for whatever reason. And if its successful (whether in quality or sales), that you have to be ready to accept that things are going to be different regardless of how much you loved the old thing, and either go with the flow or move onto something else

This is unrelated to today's episode, but Vessel's system is completely fucked. I decided to check out the "new" page and noticed that SBF has a Channel for every single thing they've done... So while they're putting things up on the Playthrough channel, there's a Huntin and Killin channel, a Sonic Adventure channel, Cryme Tyme and Fisticuffs channels. Basically there isn't a playlist system for Vessel.

It's pretty hilarious to see two rows of SBF content.

On topic this is probably my favorite episode of Until Dawn. It just underlines how terrible Emily is, and it amazes me that people think she's the best character.

Siegcram

On topic this is probably my favorite episode of Until Dawn. It just underlines how terrible Emily is, and it amazes me that people think she's the best character.
lol wat

Going by character arc it's pretty clearly Mike, not even close.
Rami Malek and Stromare kill it performance-wise, respectively. Emily is somewhere between the squirrel and crow #4.

I think its pretty funny in this case that Pat has loved Resident Evil since the beginning yet I'm pretty sure that 4, which was a huge deviation from standard resident evil, is his favorite game in the series and i think in general.

Wanting things to stay the same is fine, but I think in general thats its important to understand that things change for whatever reason. And if its successful (whether in quality or sales), that you have to be ready to accept that things are going to be different regardless of how much you loved the old thing, and either go with the flow or move onto something else

Change can be good, when it's change for an inspired reason. What I see here is nothing more than a quick attempt at a cash grab.

Skrams

This is unrelated to today's episode, but Vessel's system is completely fucked. I decided to check out the "new" page and noticed that SBF has a Channel for every single thing they've done... So while they're putting things up on the Playthrough channel, there's a Huntin and Killin channel, a Sonic Adventure channel, Cryme Tyme and Fisticuffs channels. Basically there isn't a playlist system for Vessel.

It's pretty hilarious to see two rows of SBF content.

That's why I just use the biggest page to see everything available. It is indeed a shitty system where if you want to go deeper you become more and more secluded from the other content though.

Also Emily seems to be maintaining course. I don't necessarily hate her anymore now than I did previously. She had some semblance of right to be annoyed for the events that were happening.

Fun fact for today's until dawn episode, kinda spoilery.
The stranger (flamethrower guy) is larry fessenden, the guy who directed the movie Wendigo.

That's why I just use the biggest page to see everything available. It is indeed a shitty system where if you want to go deeper you become more and more secluded from the other content though.

Oh wow, thanks. I didn't even know they had an overarching channel.

Fun fact for today's until dawn episode, kinda spoilery.
The stranger (flamethrower guy) is larry fessenden, the guy who directed the movie Wendigo.

Rad, makes a lot of sense for him to say he knows how to fight them lol.

Syder

"There's nothing wrong with a spin off," said Liam.
"Yeah, you're right, ORC was great," Pat replies.
"I never said that was great, shut the fuck up," Liam said semi-aggressively.
"You just said there's nothing wrong with a spin off," Pat wheezed out.
"No, that's not what I said. I meant on principle there's nothing wrong with a spin off."
"Oh, on principle."
"And you're being a facetious asshole."
"Fair enough."

"Welcome to the podcast," Matt blurts out.
When this happened, I felt legit awkward. Like something from The Office awkward. Like your friend's mum yelling at your friend while you just sit there awkward. I know Pat was being deliberately antagonistic but Liam took the bait. Hook, line and sinker.
this guy is the John Cena of the group. He gets very passionate about the things he loves and gets mad when people don't fact check. When he's right, he's right. And when he's 100% wrong, he puts on his big boys pant and admits defeat. And he lets that passion go.
I like your analogy but on an unrelated note, there's a reason people hate Cena. Take the Rusev beef for example. 'John Cena loves his country and is passionate about being a patriot, what a guy, he's amazing! ....Rusev loves his country and is passionate about being a patriot, what an asshole, fuck him, how dare he?!'

The John Cena patriotism thing has always gotten on my nerves.

Wrestling's not real, I know.

Cena has been significantly better since the Rusev fued. US Open challenge has been the best parts of RAW and his fued with Rollins, while kind of boring on the mic, has been phenomenal in the ring.

Anung

Un Rama
I just don't get that impression from the conversation. Liam was fine to me since he had a common thread line I felt I could follow. He hopes Umbrella Corps is good, has a good developer, and also he's willing to accept spin offs. Pat being bleh spin offs except for the ones I like and putting words in Liam's mouth was dumb.

If Liam's a clown for calling Pat an asshole then okay. I understand why he did it since Pat was running him around for not much reason besides saying I don't want thing. I think it also helped Pat clue in and realize he might be sounding like a dick.

I'm just replying to how you wrote the conversation. I'm working my way through the podcast now.

Woolie is being disingenuous about peoples reactions to MGSV. People are over-exaggerating? Fuck off! I'm yet to see a decent argument for why it isn't disappointing outside of b-b-b-b-but the gameplay. To be expected. Woolie and Liam will defend it because they fall for hype, Matt will dislike it and Pat will fall in line with Bunnyhop. Then the Liam-Pat arguments.

Edzi

Woolie is being disingenuous about peoples reactions to MGSV. People are over-exaggerating? Fuck off! I'm yet to see a decent argument for why it isn't disappointing outside of b-b-b-b-but the gameplay. To be expected. Woolie and Liam will defend it because they fall for hype, Matt will dislike it and Pat will fall in line with Bunnyhop. Then the Liam-Pat arguments.

Pretty much. Kinda expected it with Woolie and Liam, since like you said, they're pretty susceptible to hype. I expect Pat and Matt's reactions to play out like you described, and I'll be incredibly disappointed if either of them comes out of it defending the plot/twist. Matt especially, since he and I seem to share a pretty strong love for MGS3, which is the game that's most hurt by all these new retcons and twists.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
When this happened, I felt legit awkward. Like something from The Office awkward. Like your friend's mum yelling at your friend while you just sit there awkward. I know Pat was being deliberately antagonistic but Liam took the bait. Hook, line and sinker.I like your analogy but on an unrelated note, there's a reason people hate Cena. Take the Rusev beef for example. 'John Cena loves his country and is passionate about being a patriot, what a guy, he's amazing! ....Rusev loves his country and is passionate about being a patriot, what an asshole, fuck him, how dare he?!'

The John Cena patriotism thing has always gotten on my nerves.

Wrestling's not real, I know.
I blame Vince for everything wrong with Cena's wrestling persona and most of the WWE's problem. Hes super ignorant on what the crowd wants and what they want to push.

I wonder how old Vince is anyway...

Disgraced

Are Woolie and Liam really more susceptible to hype?

You can't really argue about "why something is disappointing" because that depends on the person's expectations. If Woolie's not disappointed it's because the game met his his expectations. He didn't even say if he was disappointed or not if I recall correctly though, his comments were more so that some of the criticisms (particularly regarding the late game) are exaggerated, which I'm inclined to agree with. I like the twist, the endgame, I love the characters, enjoyed a lot of moments, love the gameplay, and finally, I don't give a fuck about connecting the dots of the "canon" because I don't think that's what MG's ever been about and I think it's pretty clear Kojima doesn't give that much of shit about that either (such as it may be I admittedly would've have liked more closure. I'm personally a little disappointed in that regard. A little. End of the day 9/10 game for me, and that's what I expected and that's pretty much how I'd rate every MG game.).

Skrams

Matt seems to dislike MGS5 a ton based off his SomethingAwful posts.

Quite a bit there to read. More than I ever expect him to talk about on the podcast at least. I'd love to see how the others respond to his dislike of the game though. It's the usual thing of story relegated to tapes and now all of this game is gameplay based when that wasn't Matt's main drawing point. Also problems with how repetitive and uninteresting the game is compared to other MGS titles. That kind of stuff.

Also Matt talking about how much he dislikes the common podcast format. A bummer to hear him say that and I understand that it's a big chunk of time each week with no breaks, but I would prefer it compared to him wanting to do it more infrequently when they have more to say on a subject. I find that there's always a thing every week or two that I like to hear them talk about. I understand the dislike of this regimented unchanging schedule, but I find the idea of trying to go more artsy with the podcast or having it more debate sounding with special topics is unappealing. A natural free flowing podcast each week is just always something I'd prefer. More focused podcasts on certain subjects feels like a side project to me. It's not something that would be a mainline thing.

Anung

Un Rama
Are Woolie and Liam really more susceptible to hype?

You can't really argue about "why something is disappointing" because that depends on the person's expectations. If Woolie's not disappointed it's because the game met his his expectations. He didn't even say if he was disappointed or not if I recall correctly though, his comments were more so that some of the criticisms (particularly regarding the late game) are exaggerated, which I'm inclined to agree with. I like the twist, the endgame, I love the characters, enjoyed a lot of moments, love the gameplay, and finally, I don't give a fuck about connecting the dots of the "canon" because I don't think that's what MG's ever been about and I think it's pretty clear Kojima doesn't give that much of shit about that either (such as it may be I admittedly would've have liked more closure. I'm personally a little disappointed in that regard. A little. End of the day 9/10 game for me, and that's what I expected and that's pretty much how I'd rate every MG game.).

Say what you will about the ending. If you dig it then fair enough. I disagree but whatever. But no one can say that MGSV's second half isn't awfully paced, unfinished and fundamentally broken. All the amazing gameplay in the world can't help that second chapter brokenness.

MrHoot

While I don't often agree with Matt usually, I gravitate towards him a lot with his latest SA posts, regarding MGS, but also the podcast. It's fun to listen to but you can feel that it becomes irksome and repetitive and seems to bring out sometimes the worse in them with just mostly semantics and actually little argumentation. Although damn, the bitterness is a bit sad, but on a "professional" level I get a lot of what he says and his ideas/suggestions actually make sense in keeping the format fresh. It's true that, as much as I enjoy FF XIV myself a lot, or having nothing about destiny, I really don't care about the guys talking about it. It's dreary and feels completely disconnected after a while.

Latest UD episode:
Matt really has a irrational hatred towards Emily, making me think that he personally knew someone like her. Do you really think it's weird that she's mad that she almost got killed because the other people thought wendigos use zombie rules for no reason at all? She's absolutely within her right to be pissed. Also he got upset when she was yelling about Matt leaving her to die, going "yeah but you survived doe". Come on.

Also I fully agree with Matt's thoughts about the podcast, I find myself neither having the time nor the interest to keep listening each week, mostly because half of the podcast's content is usually uninteresting to me. I'd rather have them do podcasts after major events or whenever they really want to talk about stuff. So that means maybe have two podcasts in a week when there's EVO, E3, etc. going on, but only like 1 podcast in a month when there are no big releases and there's no real news to talk about.

Sad Matt feels that way. Disagree with him on nearly every aspect, but opinions are cool. Doubt that Matt is gonna finish the game and probably just watch the cutscenes, but hope it makes for some good stuff on their eventual spoilercast for when Pat finishes it.

Say what you will about the ending. If you dig it then fair enough. I disagree but whatever. But no one can say that MGSV's second half isn't awfully paced, unfinished and fundamentally broken. All the amazing gameplay in the world can't help that second chapter brokenness.

I won't argue with bad pacing/unfinished (even if I disagree with the second point). I wouldn't say broken though considering I can still play it and finish it, but I guess it depends on how you define broken.

Anung

Un Rama

Quite a bit there to read. More than I ever expect him to talk about on the podcast at least. I'd love to see how the others respond to his dislike of the game though. It's the usual thing of story relegated to tapes and now all of this game is gameplay based when that wasn't Matt's main drawing point. Also problems with how repetitive and uninteresting the game is compared to other MGS titles. That kind of stuff.

Also Matt talking about how much he dislikes the common podcast format. A bummer to hear him say that and I understand that it's a big chunk of time each week with no breaks, but I would prefer it compared to him wanting to do it more infrequently when they have more to say on a subject. I find that there's always a thing every week or two that I like to hear them talk about. I understand the dislike of this regimented unchanging schedule, but I find the idea of trying to go more artsy with the podcast or having it more debate sounding with special topics is unappealing. A natural free flowing podcast each week is just always something I'd prefer. More focused podcasts on certain subjects feels like a side project to me. It's not something that would be a mainline thing.

I really feel for Matt on this one. The podcast today was so amateur hour that I expect better from them in some capacity. Plus the constant interruptions of whatever Matt was saying really annoyed me and I'm just passively listening. I'd say its basically my least favorite thing they do as well now. The discussions are usually good but more often than not its audio quality is garbage. Like if a literal amateur like me has better audio quality then up your game and buy some new shit. Spend money to make money. Also Jesus Christ Liam needs to calm himself down. He gets really insufferable on the podcasts. He's fine on LP's. The format needs changed or at least re-evaluated.

Agree with Matt on MGS and he hasn't even got to the real bad shit yet.

I do however 1000% agree with Matt about the podcast (except the SF stuff since I love that technical shit). I think they could use a shakeup on some of their segments, especially when they talk way too long about their weeks and it kind of screws up everything when it just feels like their rushing to the finish line. I honestly wish that they would talk more about the games that they're LPing and what they think of them or if anything major story/gameplay-wise happened that they wanna talk about. Making their own topics is cool too.

It feels a little too similar to the bombcast, but the bombcast does it better since they're playing a different games almost every week so its not FFXIV/Witcher/Metal Gear discussions all the time. I find the news segments where they give their own opinions on it much more interesting with the emails usually being the best part of them.

Disgraced

I for one did not in anyway expect Matt of all the Zaibatsu to like V, if only for the fact of it being kind of a ginormous "Skyim" game. Not to mention V is just as much Peace Walker 2 as it is MGS5, with how him and Pat seem to dislike PW.
Matt said:
It's not what I wanted, and it's not really what the trailers were presenting it to be. I was told it would be "the ultimate Metal Gear" and it would be "Pain for Pain" and wrap up the story in a grandiose fashion.
And as for this bit...

You know guys, this actually sounds to me like Matt's the one who fell for the hype. This is what I've been trying to get at for a while. Based on my observances of comments like these I've seen here and there, I actually think those most disappointed with V are those who bought into the marketing the strongest, if I may be so bold.
Oh for sure, the game's unfinished. It's fact and it sucks. Here's to to hoping for a DLC pack
that's not coming.
For what it is, I'm cool with it though.

However, I'm not sure how "broken" it is. I believes there's a number of things that were cut for both creative and executive reasons, and because things were cut for executive reasons at all people are conflating the two. Truth be told, that can't be said for certain of course. I subscribe to the thinking that it's more 10-20% missing instead of the 2/3 I know I lot of people think. And at this point, I think continuing'd be too off-topic.

You know guys, this actually sounds to me like Matt's the one who fell for the hype. This is what I've been trying to get at for a while. Based on my observances of comments like these I've seen here and there, I actually think those most disappointed with V are those who bought into the marketing the strongest, if I may be so bold.

Even 14 years later people are still believing Kojima's lies.

Edzi

Gotta say I agree with Matt on everything he said regarding MGSV. I figured he'd be bummed about it since he really likes MGS3/Big Boss, and it sucks that he's not even at the worst parts of the game yet. I really hope he gets a chance, whether it be on the podcast or elsewhere, to really talk about all the issues he had with it once he beats the game.

Hearing him express his thoughts in those forum posts was great, though I'm actually kinda bummed that we don't hear a lot of that Matt in videos/podcasts. His views on the podcast were kinda depressing, but it's great to see that he's aware of how the worst sides of them tend to come out there (especially with the other 3 guys, since Matt tends to go silent a lot of the time). Kinda sucks that it sounds like he's kinda being ignored regarding his views though, at least based on how he worded things. I don't think they need to shake up the scheduling, but they could probably benefit from changing up something so that it works better for all of them.

You know guys, this actually sounds to me like Matt's the one who fell for the hype. This is what I've been trying to get at for a while. Based on my observances of comments like these I've seen here and there, I actually think those most disappointed with V are those who bought into the marketing the strongest, if I may be so bold.Oh for sure, the game's unfinished. It's fact and it sucks. Here's to to hoping for a DLC pack
that's not coming.
For what it is, I'm cool with it though.

Believing that a game is what the creators say it is is not falling for the hype. But even then, I disagree that those who dislike the game are the ones who bought into the marketing. It seems like the ones who are most disappointed are the ones who wanted another traditional MGS game. What we got was a pretty good stealth game that barely resembles what we've come to love from 4 numbered MGS entries.

aly

Thanks for this. Glad Matt put how he feels about the game out there and his feelings are really similar to my own about MGS5. Also agree with him on how interesting that question about lps on the last podcast was. More of that would be awesome.

Latest UD episode:
Matt really has a irrational hatred towards Emily, making me think that he personally knew someone like her. Do you really think it's weird that she's mad that she almost got killed because the other people thought wendigos use zombie rules for no reason at all? She's absolutely within her right to be pissed. Also he got upset when she was yelling about Matt leaving her to die, going "yeah but you survived doe". Come on.

I agree. Emily's feelings about that whole situation are pretty reasonable. Also I can't believe they might actually get a perfect run on this the first time through.

It seems like the ones who are most disappointed are the ones who wanted another traditional MGS game. What we got was a pretty good stealth game that barely resembles what we've come to love from 4 numbered MGS entries.

I'd go further to say it depends on what you love from the 4 numbered MGS games. If you loved the long cutscenes/story and are really only there for that, then those are definitely the people who are gonna be the most disappointed. The cutscenes/story were never what I loved about Metal Gear (or even what I think MGS is) since its honestly not written any better than a regular anime. Its the insane attention to detail that was in every aspect of those games (gameplay, interactions, graphics, characters, etc.) including the story/cutscenes that made me love Metal Gear. And in that department, which I think is what always made Metal Gear Solid so unique, MGSV outdoes those games in spades, except for in the cutscene department.

Disgraced

Believing that a game is what the creators say it is is not falling for the hype. But even then, I disagree that those who dislike the game are the ones who bought into the marketing. It seems like the ones who are most disappointed are the ones who wanted another traditional MGS game. What we got was a pretty good stealth game that barely resembles what we've come to love from 4 numbered MGS entries.
Dude, when did Kojima or anyone say it was going to be anything it isn't (disregarding cut content)? I have no absolutely no idea what you've come to love or think resembled what you've come to love. MGSV resembles a successor to Peace Walker, like, a lot. A lot. I have no idea what you expected. I don't know how Matt or you or anyone draws from extremely vague lines like "The Ultimate Metal Gear" and "Pain for Pain" and "Skull for Skull" to think that "Yes, this mean it is the grandiose mega-hyper conclusion to the Big Boss saga." Nothing pointed to that. Story-wise, the trailers taken at face value are some of the most vague things I have ever seen. They were clearly supposed to be confusing. They were laden with hints the diehards could piece together. Most of all, they were meant to play with your expectations.

You got played.

LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

Edzi

I'd go further to say it depends on what you love from the 4 numbered MGS games. If you loved the long cutscenes/story and are really only there for that, then those are definitely the people who are gonna be the most disappointed. The cutscenes/story were never what I loved about Metal Gear (or even what I think MGS is) since its honestly not written any better than a regular anime. Its the insane attention to detail that was in every aspect of those games (gameplay, interactions, graphics, characters, etc.) including the story/cutscenes that made me love Metal Gear. And in that department, which I think is what always made Metal Gear Solid so unique, MGSV outdoes those games in spades, except for in the cutscene department.

Of course, someone who didn't give a damn about the story in MGS won't care about it in V (though story isn't the only problem). But I'd wager that most big fans of MGS loved them for the combination of things they did. MGS1-4 (though 4 definitely had problems) followed a similar formula, while PW and MGSV deviate from that formula pretty heavily. I think it's entirely fair that fans expected another "true" MGS game with the whole package, but instead got something that focused on a single (or maybe a couple) aspects of the series they've come to love while abandoning, replacing, or completely botching the rest.

But yeah, for me (and Matt too, from the sound of it) story is pretty big since I've been so attached to the plot and characters of MGS3. It's why PW and MGSV have been so painful for me, since they both actively take dumps on MGS3.

Dude, when did Kojima or anyone say it was going to be anything it isn't (disregarding cut content)? I have no absolutely no idea what you've come to love or think resembled what you've come to love. MGSV resembles a successor to Peace Walker, like, a lot. A lot. I have no idea what you expected. I don't know how Matt or you or anyone draws from extremely vague lines like "The Ultimate Metal Gear" and "Pain for Pain" and "Skull for Skull" to think that "Yes, this mean it is the grandiose mega-hyper conclusion to the Big Boss saga." Nothing pointed to that. Story-wise, the trailers taken at face value are some of the most vague things I have ever seen. They were clearly supposed to be confusing. They were laden with hints the diehards could piece together. Most of all, they were meant to play with your expectations.

You got played.

LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE

I completely disagree with everything you're saying here, but this discussion has been done to death in the spoiler thread.

Emily is the new Kenny.

As for the whole podcast rant, it goes back to what we were saying here a few days ago with everyone getting really confrontational with each other recently. However, I don't think it's just the podcast. I'm seeing it in LP's now as well and it's becoming more and more frequent as time goes on. However, I will agree that "New fighting game thing that we heard about last week, and the week before and so on" makes me zombie out so hard.

zeemumu

I agree. Emily's feelings about that whole situation are pretty reasonable. Also I can't believe they might actually get a perfect run on this the first time through.

Josh is the true test. If they save Josh I think they'll get a perfect run.

I really don't see anything wrong with SF5 talk when its about new characters being announced and where 3/4 of them are very interested in the topic, especially when Matt is usually front and center on the S2 of KI/Mortal Kombat X new character announcements/breakdowns

Not every topic has to be interesting for every person on the podcast. I've listened to plenty of podcasts where the other people not interested either take a break during the segment or stay silent on their phones or something.

zeemumu

I'm loving Matt's reactions to the reveals. It's one of those let's plays where he's really into it because he's deeper into the horror genre than anyone.

MrHoot

I'm loving Matt's reactions to the reveals. It's one of those let's plays where he's really into it because he's deeper into the horror genre than anyone.

When Matt is really into it, he's honestly the most fun to watch and listen. Or just as good at least for like when Pat is really into a horror game and is "serious pat". He's so damn endearing. The inner kid in him is bursting with excitement.

Which reminds me that i'm super hype for the shitstorm of this year. It's my favourite time of the year regarding TBFP stuff

ArjanN

There was no serious confrontational anything on that podcast. It's the exact same thing as with the Giant Bombcast that every time there's some playful banter some people think they're about to come to blows.

I really don't see anything wrong with SF5 talk when its about new characters being announced and where 3/4 of them are very interested in the topic, especially when Matt is usually front and center on the S2 of KI/Mortal Kombat X new character announcements/breakdowns

Not every topic has to be interesting for every person on the podcast. I've listened to plenty of podcasts where the other people not interested either take a break during the segment or stay silent on their phones or something.

This, the only thing they could cut down on IMO is the con stuff. Again, similar to GB, hat stuff is usually only fun for the people that are actually going.

Pretty much this.

zeemumu

When Matt is really into it, he's honestly the most fun to watch and listen. Or just as good at least for like when Pat is really into a horror game and is "serious pat". He's so damn endearing. The inner kid in him is bursting with excitement.

Which reminds me that i'm super hype for the shitstorm of this year. It's my favourite time of the year regarding TBFP stuff

I hope they'll play the rest of the FNaF games.

Top Bottom