• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Numb

Any word on what the Fisticuffs game is?

Please say Persona

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

hell naw

I think Matt + Liam would be a perfect combo, it's not a traditional RPG anyway. At the very least I want at least one of the LP'ers to not have played it, it'd be a very boring LP if everyone involved has already played it.

Undertale is fucking incredible, probably my GOTY too.

An LP would be fairly short since one loop only clocks 6-7 hours, but it'd stink that they
wouldn't go through and show off all the cool stuff NG+ and beyond does.

Go buy Undertale it's $10

JC Sera

I would really like to see Pats obsession and completism(?) come up against this game
However having one person who has played comment on the game rather than 2 go in blind might be preferable
the only problem with LPs of this is routes & endings

Edzi

I really hope they don't LP Undertale, I'm sorry. It just doesn't look like a great thing to watch, strikes me as someone you have to experience yourself.

I dunno much about Undertale, but it sounds like something the guys (or at least Matt) are hyped about, so I'm hoping they don't do a blind LP with it. I think in general, they need to avoid doing blind LPs for things that they're really interested in. The best formula for them seems to be blind LPs for not so serious games, and post completion LPs with games they're super into (where at least one of them has beaten and researched the game), so that they can go into it knowing what to do and how to approach the game and their conversations.

I really hope they don't LP Undertale, I'm sorry. It just doesn't look like a great thing to watch, strikes me as someone you have to experience yourself.
It is something you need to experience yourself, but it's also great to watch, it has lots of humor, great story and dialogue, twists, everything an LP needs.

Honestly it'd be okay for a blind LP, the game explains itself pretty well and there's not a lot you can miss. There's one disaster scenario but you can't accidentally make that happen.

I dunno much about Undertale, but it sounds like something the guys (or at least Matt) are hyped about, so I'm hoping they don't do a blind LP with it. I think in general, they need to avoid doing blind LPs for things that they're really interested in. The best formula for them seems to be blind LPs for not so serious games, and post completion LPs with games they're super into (where at least one of them has beaten and researched the game), so that they can go into it knowing what to do and how to approach the game and their conversations.
I agree with you super hard.

Disgraced

Agreed. It's one of those games that speaks for itself. I've watched some others stream it, there's not much a commentator can add unless it's really substantial or insightful. I don't think seven hours of reactions everybody else who's played the game has had is interesting. I could enjoy a one-off with highlights.

Xiraiya

The latest MGS part on Vessel, I had the exact experience Pat had, learning about that mission from GBcast.

Also is it me or am I crazy for not being surprised by the fact missions are set up in a way where you can skip objectives and sequence break by knowing stuff ahead of time. People talk about how impressive or shocking that is and it is great.
I mean I just kind of expected/assumed that was the case, I think I just figured that in a Kojima open world game, that would be a given, or in most games really.

Top Bottom