• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Tying this back to SBFs, has there been any word on how far are they gonna take the Undertale LP.

Are they just gonna run through an initial Neutral run, and maybe double back for a pacifism, and skip genocide altogether?

All they said was that they restarted the game 2 episodes in. They made no mention of what ending they were going to go for, but I'm pretty sure they are going for True Pacifist. Otherwise restarting would be pointless.

haha no thanks, I'm not a monster.

I also don't want a permanent mark on my game.

I also tried to restart the game after getting the best ending and
Flowey guilt tripped me into not restarting and leaving the save file be, fuck you flowey.

Well obviously you are since you aren't
determined
enough to go through with it.

On another topic altogether, I remember seeing Matt saying they weren't to happy with the performance with their website. Was there any mention about if they were going to take it down and just use vessel? Or were they going to look for a better website solution?

I mainly only use the website to listen to the podcast. I tried in the watch videos ( I did this for the entirety Soul Suspect) but I had to many issues with the player compared to YouTube.

If the sites not working for them, it only makes sense to get rid of it. But I still kind of wanted to see it succeed.

JC Sera

determined

On another topic altogether, I remember seeing Matt saying they weren't to happy with the performance with their website. Was there any mention about if they were going to take it down and just use vessel? Or were they going to look for a better website solution?

I mainly only use the website to listen to the podcast. I tried in the watch videos ( I did this for the entirety Soul Suspect) but I had to many issues with the player compared to YouTube.

If the sites not working for them, it only makes sense to get rid of it. But I still kind of wanted to see it succeed.
Other than the shitty video player, the site works fine
its a great place to find friendcast, merch & contact details

I think its just the video aspect of the site thats gonna get taken down

Anung

Un Rama
determined

I hope that website making company they advertise for didn't make their website :p

Matt posted this comment under the Undertale video:
Not only is there an annotation, AND a note in the description, I'll say it here as well. Come part 3 of this LP, I'm starting over a new save file, and going pacifist continuing from the point I left at at the end of Part 2. I can't know every single thing about a game that I'm going blind on.

Xux

MGSV Part 20:

Hnngg...at the first, like, twenty minutes.

He got the major the same way I did, lol.

ok new lore
Sans is Matts Persona/Stand

That would be a pretty powerful stand. One that would guarantee a bad time.
GET DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKED!!!!

I just watched the Undertale ep, I love Matt and Liam's reaction to the game's text. I figure with more time Matt will get better at the Schmup part. I really want to see their reaction to a No Mercy run.

The way they went through that first area was very similar to mine
where I thought I had to murder goat mom.

Man I'm a little torn. I'm about 11 minutes in on the Undertale video but this is looking like a game I may want to play myself. IF I decide to not watch this playthrough that means there's Undertale, MEG:V, and Danganronpa that I can't watch because I may play them on my own.

That said I've never even gotten to Child of Light or Transistor yet so It seems unlikely that I'd play another RPG any time soon.

Anung

Un Rama
Man I'm a little torn. I'm about 11 minutes in on the Undertale video but this is looking like a game I may want to play myself. IF I decide to not watch this playthrough that means there's Undertale, MEG:V, and Danganronpa that I can't watch because I may play them on my own.

I'm in the same boat. Only got Shirtstorm to watch now D:

JC Sera

That said I've never even gotten to Child of Light or Transistor yet so It seems unlikely that I'd play another RPG any time soon.
Undertale takes 6-9hours to complete
you can finish it off on a weekend
I would definitely suggest playing it yourself b4 watching the LP

Undertale is way shorter than Child of Light(haven't finished Transistor so I don't know), you could buy it now and beat it before episode 2 even comes out. And yeah, you'll get the most out of this LP if you play the game yourself first, I myself can't wait to hear their reactions to almost everything the game offers.

Undertale is way shorter than Child of Light(haven't finished Transistor so I don't know), you could buy it now and beat it before episode 2 even comes out. And yeah, you'll get the most out of this LP if you play the game yourself first, I myself can't wait to hear their reactions to almost everything the game offers.

They are not going to find everything this game offers.

It's $10 for what many consider one of the best releases this year. Get it

They are not going to find everything this game offers.
Oh I know, I just meant that I'm excited to hear their reactions to everything that they encounter in the LP, not that they'll 100% or won't miss stuff.

I don't know if I want them to find Temmie Village or not, seeing one Temmie might be enough for them.

I have a friend that texts like Temmie talks.
The game is worth $10
OST is the same price as the game
the OST is also worth $10

If I knew beforehand how good the game would be I'd happily pay $50 for it.

JC Sera

Oh I know, I just meant that I'm excited to hear their reactions to everything that they encounter in the LP, not that they'll 100% or won't miss stuff.

I don't know if I want them to find Temmie Village or not, seeing one Temmie might be enough for them.

I have a friend that texts like Temmie talks.

If I knew beforehand how good the game would be I'd happily pay $50 for it.
Maybe
I dont have enough money to justify $50 purchases on games, like I havent got the new ruby/sapphire for that exact reason

however this game is definitely equivalent value or more to a pokemon game

also
Hoi there!

EDIT: Also for those thinking this game will go on sale soon, I'm not so sure. During last steam sales, besiege didn't go on sale over 10%, mainly due to massive popularity.
This game is already a reasonable price, and is the TOP of pc metacritic all time currently.

Geg

I want to say at bare minimum 3. 1 for neutral then reload for pacifist if you meet requirements. 1 for no mercy( aka genocide) then 1 more for soulless run.

I just finished my soulless run last night. I think that's pretty much all of it.

Wait, what's a soulless run?

edit: And yeah in my first playthrough I
murdered goat mom, but I didn't even go up to see what Flowey had to say before going back to my last save and sparing her. Flowey's dialog after that kind of blew me away

JC Sera

Wait, what's a
soulless
run?
A massive spoiler that should have been covered
gsEchPB.png

Spooktober is here!
Be sure to get your recommended daily intake of calcium for strong bones and good fortune!
*Rattle Rattle*

Also I just watched ProJared's breakdown of the Monster Hunter X trailer and, well... I think Pat might just go into another plane of hype entirely.
The return of old monsters and locations, new monsters, improved animations, combat styles, special moves, dodgerolls cancelable into jumps which are chainable into DMC STYLE ENEMY STEPS which are then chainable into attacks!!1one!!

Geez, I don't think my body is ready either, guys.

Spooktober is here!
Be sure to get your recommended daily intake of calcium for strong bones and good fortune!
*Rattle Rattle*

Also I just watched ProJared's breakdown of the Monster Hunter X trailer and, well... I think Pat might just go into another plane of hype entirely.
The return of old monsters and locations, new monsters, improved animations, combat styles, special moves, dodgerolls cancelable into jumps which are chainable into DMC STYLE ENEMY STEPS which are then chainable into attacks!!1one!!

Geez, I don't think my body is ready either, guys.

That doesn't sound like Monster Hunter at all. That's some God Eater shit right there.

#NotMyMonsterHunter

But seriously, I kinda appreciate how methodical the combat in tue MonHun games and all these character action stuff you can do in this one might take away that.

That doesn't sound like Monster Hunter at all. That's some God Eater shit right there.

#NotMyMonsterHunter

But seriously, I kinda appreciate how methodical the combat in tue MonHun games and all these character action stuff you can do in this one might take away that.

I might have made it sound like a big departure from the MH formula in my excitement, but in reality it's all quite tame and fits well within the series, imo. (insofar as I can tell, I'm by no means a MH expert)

The jump attack thing seems very hard to execute well. The special moves all took quite a bit of wind-up and/or precise timing. The combat styles don't seem to be switchable on the fly and just serve to add some variety to existing weapons. (They showed what seemed like a group buff for the IG, a self buff for the Bow after a dodge and DB style demon mode at the end of a combo for the GS) That said, I think the biggest change is the look of the combat, while the combat itself will stay largely the same. The fluidity of animations and the added effects on attacks looks are really nice.

Clearly they aren't going to greatly change the main attraction of a series in the installment that throws together all the best bits of the previous games and covers it in a delicous fan-service sauce, but from the little combat I've seen it did look a bit more dynamic. Mostly because of the better animations and cool effects of the attacks, though. But they added to the formula in MH4 as well and I believe most MH fans considered that to be very much a good thing. I'm sure it'll be more of that. It'll be fiiiine. Don't worry.

Also, interactive sheep cuddling. Get hype, motherfuckers!

Edit: Looks like I'm already behind on news.

Top Bottom