• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

That doesn't sound like Monster Hunter at all. That's some God Eater shit right there.

#NotMyMonsterHunter

But seriously, I kinda appreciate how methodical the combat in tue MonHun games and all these character action stuff you can do in this one might take away that.
What's good is some styles are more traditional, and others are technical. Think DMC3 style choosing.

JC Sera

Oh yess, they are playing Undertale. <3

Lttp heh.

I hope they go full-on
genocidal.
csXbhi4.png

Anung

Un Rama
This game is way better than it had any right to be. Alien Trilogy is amazing also.

Finally started watching Monster. Went with the English dub and it seems fine. The shows atmosphere is crazy good. It seems similar to some of Satoshi Kons work were it could be just a straight up live action.

Neutral complete, onto a pacifist run
Did you have to restart to attempt pacifist? I was lucky enough to be able to get both endings by just backtracking a bit.
Only thing I forgot to do was make friends with Undyne so it's just a matter of going back to her house, Flowey's nice enough to just let me know what I should do.

Did you have to restart to attempt pacifist? I was lucky enough to be able to get both endings by just backtracking a bit.
Only thing I forgot to do was make friends with Undyne so it's just a matter of going back to her house, Flowey's nice enough to just let me know what I should do.

yea
Undyne
hates me for killing a monster dog thing
Lesser Dog

Xiraiya

Finally started watching Monster. Went with the English dub and it seems fine. The shows atmosphere is crazy good. It seems similar to some of Satoshi Kons work were it could be just a straight up live action.

MONSTER is super good, Beloved and I watched the whole thing recently, subbed of course.

sjay1994

So, I am a bit ahead on videos since I am on a free trial with vessel... but so far shitstorm seems comprised of early access horror games on steam, and PS1 games that are surprisingly interesting/ better than they should be.

Kinda wish they were using last years format of playing highly requested or good horror games, and then doing a full lp later.

sjay1994

Also, whats going on with the Danganronpa lp and its like/dislike ratio?

This series is probably the most polarizing series they've done, and I don't really see much wrong with it.

Xiraiya

So, I am a bit ahead on videos since I am on a free trial with vessel... but so far shitstorm seems comprised of early access horror games on steam, and PS1 games that are surprisingly interesting/ better than they should be.

Kinda wish they were using last years format of playing highly requested or good horror games, and then doing a full lp later.
I like the one offs much more honestly, I like seeing crazy creepy indie garbage that you know nothing about until you're watching it, anything truly memorable or loved will eventually be an LP anyway (Like Rule Of Rose)
This format is what made Shitstorm the one tolerable theme month to begin with.

This series is probably the most polarizing series they've done, and I don't really see much wrong with it.

There's definitely stuff wrong with it like skipping dialogue and poor audio in a few episodes, but not enough to warrant the ratio it has. Seeing as there were hundreds of dislikes in the span of minutes of the videos being uploaded, it seems a lot of people just don't want it taking up a timeslot.

Disgraced

Distracted, irrelevant, unenthusiastic commentary up until the most recent episode, incredibly uneventful, non-contextualized, boring gameplay, and some notable technical issues sprinkled in and you've got that worst LP since Nuzlocke. It's worse than Nuzlocke even, in my opinion. Nuzlocke had an excellent premise, goofy memoirs, and the stream. DR has fucking nothing other than cool fan art, which has no bearing whatsoever on the actual quality of the god damn let's play.

I think the amount of dislikes the videos are getting are inaccurate. It needs more. They usually end up 50/50, and this LP is not mediocre, it's bad.

I think the amount of dislikes the videos are getting are inaccurate. It needs more. They usually end up 50/50, and this LP is not mediocre, it's bad.

The recent episodes are more like 60/40 in favor of likes after a few days. Earlier episodes are in the 70-80% range for likes with the first one being at 90%.

sjay1994

Distracted, irrelevant, unenthusiastic commentary up until the most recent episode, incredibly uneventful, non-contextualized, boring gameplay, and some notable technical issues sprinkled in and you've got that worst LP since Nuzlocke. It's worse than Nuzlocke even, in my opinion. Nuzlocke had an excellent premise, goofy memoirs, and the stream. DR has fucking nothing other than cool fan art, which has no bearing whatsoever on the actual quality of the god damn let's play.

I mean, they have done a bunch of mediocre LP's like Madworld and Shaolin Monks, but this one is bombarded with dislikes. So, I am wondering why this is the LP that pushed people over the edge.

Disgraced

I mean, they have done a bunch of mediocre LP's like Madworld and Shaolin Monks, but this one is bombarded with dislikes. So, I am wondering why this is the LP that pushed people over the edge.
There has been/is a portion of the audience upset that's it's been occupying a timeslot in place of vastly more popular videos, as cosmic said. Those are the additional dislikes. It's also way worse than Mad & Monks, I promise you.

Alien Resurrection - Shitstorm 4: Matt & Pat's Scariness Marathon

Site

YT

That's not as bad as I initially thought.

Bring the camera back a slight bit(so you could see the guns more), this could've been another great Alien game to remember.

Also, Ripley and Call moving so slow in a FPS is a bad decision.

Anung

Un Rama
MONSTER is super good, Beloved and I watched the whole thing recently, subbed of course.

The dub is decent enough. Loads of GITS alumni. I could listen to the subbed version if I want. I was really daunted by the fact its 74 episodes long. I'm about 6 in now and daaaaamnnnnnn its good. Seems to be no fat at all on the show. Really glad I took Pats/This threads advice and checked it out.

The dub is decent enough. Loads of GITS alumni. I could listen to the subbed version if I want. I was really daunted by the fact its 74 episodes long. I'm about 6 in now and daaaaamnnnnnn its good. Seems to be no fat at all on the show. Really glad I took Pats/This threads advice and checked it out.

You're in for quite a ride, MONSTER shows just how deep the Woolie hole goes.

Also pay attention to the locations they visit in the show. They're very accurate to their real life counterparts.

Also fuck
Eva

Oh man in Undertale Crumpet is pulverizing me. Almost wondering if I should get the extended invulnerability equipment to just eat more hits.

Also how do I mercy
TSUNDERPLANE
baka? :[

demidar

Oh man in Undertale Crumpet is pulverizing me. Almost wondering if I should get the extended invulnerability equipment to just eat more hits.

Also how do I mercy
TSUNDERPLANE

You have to select "Approach" and only touch the green part of the aeroplane projectiles. Do it enough times then you can mercy.

Also how do I mercy
TSUNDERPLANE

Before I knew how to cheese that fight completely, I would just pay her money to make her attacks less extreme when the muffin attack was coming.

and then I struggled until she would give me a discount for the next pay. I think its 3 muffin attacks and she would reach a point where you could mercy her.

To super cheese the fight
Eat a donut from the bake sale during the fight

You know, my advice on how to do this fight really confirms the craziness of this game.

Top Bottom