• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

DominoKid said:
i mean, you cant really ugly up a chick's body so she's good there. but i doubt she's gonna be almost naked for more than one scene.

the way they made her look in this movie doesnt do her any favors. maybe thats what they were going for but i didnt take it for that

She`s definetly not supossed to be the overall hottest character in the comics, that would probably be Envy Adams.

While we`re at it

2vcxchs.gif

oh yeah

daegan

selig said:
question of someone who doesnt know the scott pilgrim-comics:
Does Scott have super powers from the beginning? Because in the trailer, at first it looks as if he´s a normal boy...but then this first ex-boyfriend appears and he fights like a super hero. Im confused.

He's just the best fighter in the province.

I seriously find her to be extremely attractive. Mary is quite pretty, and the way she does Ramona is perfect, not to mention i have a thing for multi-colored hair indie/scene chicks like here XD.

You can see a shadow of Envy in the trailer, distinguished by the pony-tail.

Spoiler stuff from book:
Also, i really hope they re-create the image from Sonic from the beginning of Vol. 4 at the beach. Sadly, i see the whole beach part being cut from the movie, so my hopes are low. But that may be my favorite page/s in the book. That and the "Sexy" phase with Roxy. I swear they better have that whole scene done well Edgar!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
DominoKid said:
i mean, you cant really ugly up a chick's body so she's good there. but i doubt she's gonna be almost naked for more than one scene.

the way they made her look in this movie doesnt do her any favors. maybe thats what they were going for but i didnt take it for that
She was hot in Grindhouse. And I'm pretty sure her hair design was intentional.

Jintor

The dudes playing background characters (Michael, Julie, Stephen, Young Neil, Matthew Patel) are spot on. Cera is still iffy to me but he just looks like a different brand of Scott, good enough to feel semi-realistic without going COMPLETELY overboard into weird comic hero territory (okay, that's a terrible lie). Love Ramona, sold on Kim's acting if not her looks, love Stacy, love Knives.

The one with Kim going 'bang' is from Book 5, when they're on the balcony, though I don't think the movie scene is set there. The scene with Scott's 4/1/2 shirt must be from the beginning of Book 5, too. The drummer from the first sort of BAM BAM BAM is I think the girl from Crash and the Boys, so hopefully they're in there (I'm hoping for the Todd fight!)

I don't know where the hell the weird-ass sound demon is from though, but I'm guessing Twins.

what.

Anyways, everytime I've watched either of these trailers I'm left with the secret hope that the movie is really about Lucas Lee and his quest to defeat the douchebag Michael Cera.

Danielsan

Okay after watching the trailer about 10 times it has finally happened.
I'm now sold that Cera is pulling this shit off.
Also, dear god this trailer is awesome. All the characters appear to be spot on and the vibe is incredible.
*Goes back to watching the trailer*

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Green Scar said:
Go see Kick-Ass.

thats in kick-ass? Don't remember it. Looks like it came from Mad Men or something.

BTW, should I read Scott Pilgrim before or after the movie? I'm leaning towards after, as I'm more of a movie fan and would like to see it unadulterated

mrklaw said:
thats in kick-ass? Don't remember it. Looks like it came from Mad Men or something.

BTW, should I read Scott Pilgrim before or after the movie? I'm leaning towards after, as I'm more of a movie fan and would like to see it unadulterated
movie only follows up to volume 3, and goes its own route after

derFeef

mrklaw said:

I want to know that too! Have not seen Kick-Ass but this avatar is pretty... pretty.

I am going to read the comics beforehead, these guys in here hyped me a bit how good they are. Amazon shipped already :D

mrklaw said:

ha that part is awesome in Kick-Ass
the tan?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So the drummer towards the end of the trailer just banging on the cymbals, that's the little girl drummer from Crash & The Boys right?

Cyan

Banned
Green Scar said:
I say 'bob' (like the name) 'om' (like OM NOM NOM). That's right, right?
Yeah, that's how I say it too. Whew! :p

I was watching some of the behind-the-scenes things, and whenever they talked about the band they said it 'buh-BOMB.' And I was like, "nooooooooooo!"

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Green Scar said:
I say 'bob' (like the name) 'om' (like OM NOM NOM). That's right, right?
According to Dennis Hopper (RIP) in the Super Mario movie, you're right. (actually I misread you.. You say it differently...)

I always thought it made more sense to say "bawm-awm" though.

Cyan said:
Yeah, that's how I say it too. Whew! :p

I was watching some of the behind-the-scenes things, and whenever they talked about the band they said it 'buh-BOMB.' And I was like, "nooooooooooo!"
Heh. I've always said it as 'buh-BOMB', to the point that I was stupefied when I finally noticed it was always spelt "Bob-omb". I'm glad they are paying zero heed to trying to articulate the words as written. Screaming WE'RE SEX BUH-BOMB just rolls off the tongue. "WE'RE SEX BOB-OMB" kinda feels like you are fighting off hurling mid sentance.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Green Scar said:
Not really, there's a silent B in bomb but there isn't one in Bob :p
Suppose you're right.. I just read it wrong as a kid and haven't corrected myself for 20+ years..

BocoDragon said:
Suppose you're right.. I just read it wrong as a kid and haven't corrected myself for 20+ years..

Actually, tbh, I've just said it like a million times out loud at my normal talking speed and I actually say 'boh-bom'. So yeah, the correct pronounciation would be bob bomb, but everyone says boh-bomb/bob-omb.

What a daft conversation :lol

MNC

Jintor said:
Oh, and in the movie apparently Young Neil is in the band.

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT
Where'd you got that from? If it's the frame with him holding a guitar: He took Scott's guitar when Scott's taking the 1up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom