• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Are they really completely disregarding Vol 4-6? Or is the story spot on for Vol 1-3, loosely based on 4-6 with some tidbits from it spot on with whatever Wright feels like is awesome?

.... Sorry for the double post :<

Also, Culkin needs to step it up to be Wallace :D

MNC said:
Are they really completely disregarding Vol 4-6? Or is the story spot on for Vol 1-3, loosely based on 4-6 with some tidbits from it spot on with whatever Wright feels like is awesome?

Well, he did do re-shoots to add material from Vol. 6, though nothing major. Essentinally, Vol 1-3 are followed rather closely, 4-5 are loose adaptations, and 6 is almost completely different.

Gunstarheroes said:
Well, he did do re-shoots to add material from Vol. 6, though nothing major. Essentinally, Vol 1-3 are followed rather closely, 4-5 are loose adaptations, and 6 is almost completely different.
I'm actually kind of glad they did this. Though, I'm still curious how they'll cram so much content into just one film.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gunstarheroes said:
With vol 6 coming out a month before the movie, if the movie ending is completely different will there be Internet Rage™?

XiaNaphryz said:
With vol 6 coming out a month before the movie, if the movie ending is completely different will there be Internet Rage™?

No, on the sole fact that we know going in it will be. Unless Edgar films an awful ending, it'll be fine.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the movie ending rocks and has a high-fidelity esque poignancy to it.

i am really excited to see how the books wrap up

wwm0nkey

Kind of sucks we have to wait till the movie released to play the game....hmmm it would actually be pretty sweet if you got a redeem code for the game if you watch the movie.:D

ultron87

My only real concern from that trailer is that Knives looks like way way way too old.

But besides that, it should be awesome.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ultron87 said:
My only real concern from that trailer is that Knives looks like way way way too old.

But besides that, it should be awesome.

she has to look a little older or else i would feel much dirtier

MNC

knivesfirstlook.jpg

Seems like a perfect fit. I guess it's the short hair that makes her look really old.

daegan

There was a new teaser during Glee tonight.

It included "you had a sexy phase?!" and "bread makes you fat." :D :D :D :D

edit: unfortunately it is only on my DVR but as soon as I find a good quality version link is incoming

Salsa

daegan said:
There was a new teaser during Glee tonight.

It included "you had a sexy phase?!" and "bread makes you fat." :D :D :D :D

edit: unfortunately it is only on my DVR but as soon as I find a good quality version link is incoming

wantwantwant, should pop up somewhere, right ?

daegan

the "bread makes you FAT?!?" reaction line is the best Cera as Scott moment made publicly available so far bar none

haters can suck it down

'Great DJ' is an alright song until the, er, singing begins. The trailer realised this, the advert didn't D:

Also loving the LEVEL UP and health bar graphics on the screen.

Ereedmas

Neo Member
Has it been said how much has been changed from the books? I know Volumes 1-3 are pretty much all in, but how close are Volume 4+5 (Maybe 6)? The TV spot makes it look like Scott gets the flaming sword/power of love when he faces Gideon.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
AgentWhiskersX said:
One step closer to shutting the Cera haters up.
Meh.. he's STILL wrong. It might work in its own way but it is not the ideal Pilgrim, and won't ever be.

Enosh

just saw the trailer, this is the first time I even heard about the movie, well saw the thread on gaf but didn't realy care

HOLY SHIT that was fucking awesome

Bananakin

Really can't wait for this movie. Gaf-hype plus awesome trailer have sucked me in. Ordered the first two volumes on Amazon yesterday.

Chavelo

Okay, how exactly is Cera not a good cast for Pilgrim, I ask?

Dude pulls off the whole "dim-witted but lovable" hipster thing. I mean, who the hell do you guys want? Shia?

>.<

Chavelo said:
Okay, how exactly is Cera not a good cast for Pilgrim, I ask?

Dude pulls off the whole "dim-witted but lovable" hipster thing. I mean, who the hell do you guys want? Shia?

>.<

Well Shia is our Lord and Saviour so yes, yes I would.
At least if this turns out to be shite then he'll apologise for it ;)

Sadist

So I read all the books in like 2 days and it's AWESOME.

So much nerd stuff and I'm loving it. Can't wait to see the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom