• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chavelo said:
Okay, how exactly is Cera not a good cast for Pilgrim, I ask?

Dude pulls off the whole "dim-witted but lovable" hipster thing. I mean, who the hell do you guys want? Shia?

>.<

I dunno, the delivery on the lines "I'll leave you alone forever now" and "You know her? Tell me now!" seemed off from what I imagined. I also found Julie Powers a little off, the deliver has this sorta dripping in contempt feel to it, while I thought it should be more just outright bitchy hostility.

But after those two bits in the trailer everything else seemed bang on.

Enosh said:
just saw the trailer, this is the first time I even heard about the movie, well saw the thread on gaf but didn't realy care

HOLY SHIT that was fucking awesome

HOLY SHIT indeed, and I didn't even know the comics!

So happy Jason Schwartman is in this (and as a villain!), I might have to change my avatar.

is this
SfJFb.gif
taken??

edit:crap it is! Twice :lol

MNC

I wonder if the movie will be able to handle
Scott's fallback to his older exes well.

Also, I kinda really liked Bryan's drawing style in the first books. I'm not sure which I prefer, old or new, but are both good.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
derFeef said:
Hm, who would it be then?
You know.. when you phrase a question like that, and get me to think about alternatives, you imply a good point. Of the Hollywood stable of actors, Cera is the ideal choice. I think that in the wide world of actors, there are much better choices to be found... but in terms of established Hollywood actors, you're right in your implication... there is no one else who would be better.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Told my GF about this movie, her first reaction was "owh no, not ANOTHER comicbookmovie!"

Went to show her the theatrical trailer and her reaction was "Did he just grab a powerup? Holy shit, this is awesome! Where and when?"

This movie has awesomeness dripping from every frame.

Chavelo

BocoDragon said:
You know.. when you phrase a question like that, and get me to think about alternatives, you imply a good point. Of the Hollywood stable of actors, Cera is the ideal choice. I think that in the wide world of actors, there are much better choices to be found... but in terms of established Hollywood actors, you're right in your implication... there is no one else who would be better.

Exactly... Michael Cera just happens to be a "good" choice (not the perfect one), but goddamn... Those line deliveries is making me scream like a little school girl...

FUCK IT, GAF. I'LL GO BACK TO WORK ON MY TIME MACHINE.
WHO'S WITH ME? I'LL SET THE ARRIVING DATE TO AUGUST, 2010.

WHO'S WITH ME, DAMN IT?

harSon

Banned
BocoDragon said:

Emile Hirsch could have pulled it off.

daegan

Chavelo said:
Exactly... Michael Cera just happens to be a "good" choice (not the perfect one), but goddamn... Those line deliveries is making me scream like a little school girl...

WHO'S WITH ME, DAMN IT?

NOT ME NEED BOOK 6 FIRST

Chavelo said:

WHO'S WITH ME, DAMN IT?
august 13th pls

Chavelo

daegan said:
NOT ME NEED BOOK 6 FIRST

Oh yeh! We need to do a detour for July 20, pick that shit up from the local comic book store, and then we speed away to 88 MPH, baby...

YAY-YAY

Makes me feel so warm that I got at least 5 people excited about this movie.

PedroLumpy said:
I dunno, the delivery on the lines "I'll leave you alone forever now" and "You know her? Tell me now!" seemed off from what I imagined. I also found Julie Powers a little off, the deliver has this sorta dripping in contempt feel to it, while I thought it should be more just outright bitchy hostility.

But after those two bits in the trailer everything else seemed bang on.

We are through the looking glass here people.

So, Edgar Wright just tweeted the first full clip would be shown.....
During the MTV Movie Awards Pre-show.

Anyone gonna take one for the team?

Gunstarheroes said:
So, Edgar Wright just tweeted the first full clip would be shown.....
During the MTV Movie Awards Pre-show.

Anyone gonna take one for the team?

Eff that, I ain't watching another piece of this film until it comes out. The black-out begins here people!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Green Scar said:
Eff that, I ain't watching another piece of this film until it comes out. The black-out begins here people!
I wish I could say the same but I'm weak, man. I'm weak! :(

Ashhong

jon bones said:
!!!!!!

i will watch this

when is it

June 6th

AgentWhiskersX said:
Don't forget it's airing during the pre-show.

Well fuck. Guess I'll be switching back and forth and hoping for some good live performances.

oh and no, Emile Hirsch could not pull off Scott Pilgrim better than Cera.

Baconmonk

The first trailer got me interested, then after reading the comics I wasn't so sure they really "got it."

Then I saw the new trailer and realized how wrong I was. Day 1 here, but I'm still worried how well it will sell. And fuck the Cera haters, this will be his redeeming film.

evil ways

My dislike for how stale, boring and repetitive Cera is, cannot and will not win over how fun and quirky the whole movie and it's premise looks. Can't wait to see it.

Caught the trailer for this before Kick Ass back in the cinema. Thought it looked all kinds of awesome. This is based on a comic book right?

Salsa

RobotNinjaHornets said:
I want that Shoryuken gif as an avatar.

Though that might be a bit of a waste as I don't post much. Hmm.

Youtube quality isnt worth it, when there`s a higher quality version available ill make it.

Ashhong

whats with the grunts in that clip and also the trailer? i dont remember anything like that in the comics, must be from his interpretation of vol 4-6 or something..

Salsa

Yep, between this and the last fight with Gideon (at least what we saw in the trailer) im thinking we should expect at least one set piece with Scott fighting a lot of thugs, should be good.

Jado

Banned
derFeef said:

A friend's "holy shit" remark and link on Facebook to the 2nd trailer was the first time I've heard of Scott Pilgrim. I'm as equally blown away and will need to hunt down these comics ASAP.

Meier

Loved the new trailer. Saw a TV spot the other day where my girlfriend immediately noticed that her evil ex girlfriend is Amber from Parenthood.. great show, very underrated.

She wasn't very impressed.. I worry it might be just too much for the casual viewer to get. I hope it succeeds but this summer has just been bomb after bomb and I'm afraid this might follow suit.

BJK

Count me among the converted. I've bought the first two GNs after seeing the first trailer for the film.

Absolutely loved the (Vol. 2 Spoilers)
River City Ransom sequence, right down to the placement of the staircase....and laughed out loud at the Mithril Skateboard
. I really hope they can find a way to do those jokes justice in the movie. That said, based on the scenes in the trailers based off what I've read....it looks like they're doing this the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom