• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens S2 |OT| We're Back, Idiot Hookers -Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I also heard Taylor Swift's team was not a fan of our show.

whl1ZAi.gif

I love the chroma matching this show does, chase scenes were all lit red in season 1 and now green in season 2....

The whole season being a retread of season 1 but in a new setting is classic horror movie trope and I love how blatantly obvious they are about doing it

Bladenic

Yawn. Show still mostly sucks, other than the cast. I will say the 2 things that were good this episode:

1. Chad naked, I honestly couldn't see that body attached to that head but damn.

2. Chanel and #3 saying Colton Haynes passed the test by liking #5 LMAO.

Still not enough #3 though, why don't they use her more ugh

Yawn. Show still mostly sucks, other than the cast. I will say the 2 things that were good this episode:

1. Chad naked, I honestly couldn't see that body attached to that head but damn.

2. Chanel and #3 saying Colton Haynes passed the test by liking #5 LMAO.

Still not enough #3 though, why don't they use her more ugh

Yawn. Expected response.

Also, the actor playing Chad clearly lost weight and put on muscle. He had a bit more body fat in the last season, and didn't shave his chest hair this time around.

It absolutely destroyed me when Chad opened the left side of the curtain which was then closed on him followed immediately by him opening the right.
Something that simple from him got me good.

There was almost too much Chad in the last episode.

I'm glad Niecy Nash got back into the gang so quickly. Can't wait for Chad and her to interact again.

bitbydeath

Great to see this show already back in fine form.

Cast needs to grow again though as all newcomers are immediately killed.

Would be great if the Chanels held auditions again but I guess they aren't very popular these days.

Palmer_v1

Would be great if the Chanels held auditions again but I guess they aren't very popular these days.

Some of the S1 cast has to die this season. Chanel and Munsch seem like the LEAST likely to die.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
if one of the chanels go they all have to
unless main chanel replaces the other two with new ones
but she needs a unit to bully and boss

Asbel

if one of the chanels go they all have to
unless main chanel replaces the other two with new ones
but she needs a unit to bully and boss
Yep, the Chanels work by feeding off each other. They are a package deal. I wouldn't mind if they never die.

The shower scene was some of the best physical comedy I have seen in a long time. So simple but done so smoothly and to perfection, had me laughing so much.

The show really is fantastic though, so silly and just a lot of fun.

Also glad to have Chad back, always love his scenes.

The Backstreet Boys song when they're hunting Red Devil is what sold me.

I honestly can't remember if he did but I feel like he had some darn good material before that point. That scene however was the start of him becoming one of my favorite tv characters of all time
(the exact moment was his frat bro shouting his name, it just sells his character hilariously well).

W-00

I wonder how many patients will have to be murdered before people start deciding that it's a bad idea to go to that hospital.

I honestly can't remember if he did but I feel like he had some darn good material before that point. That scene however was the start of him becoming one of my favorite tv characters of all time
(the exact moment was his frat bro shouting his name, it just sells his character hilariously well).

He had the bed scene with Boone. I think it had at least a few good jokes, but mostly it went to show that he wasn't actually a complete asshole and had a very kind and loving side to him

Jhoan

hateradio said:
Go watch them!
On my to do list for sure along with a huge backlog of other movies to watch someday. I've also never seen a Tarantino film.

The Backstreet Boys song when they're hunting Red Devil is what sold me.

That was one of my favorite scenes from last season. I associate that Backstreet Boys song with that scene even though I was big into it back growing up in the 90s. Funny enough, they performed it on The Late Late Show last night to promote their tour. Their voices didn't go quite as high as it once did during their prime but they still got it.

Even the odd disease that Chad's friend had, "Jumping Frenchmen of Maine" disease is real I learned through reading a recap of yesterday's episode. The creative team really did their homework on researching odd and real diseases/skin conditions.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

I suspect it's a budget concern to make them not write in as many character as they did in season 1's early episodes.

Keeping people around isn't cheaper than focusing on a guest star every episode and having him or her killed within that episode.

Same goes for the location. The characters probably will not get as many wardrobe changes as they did in season 1. Chanels can wear their special doctors' uniforms instead of having new outfits every few scenes.

vypek

The shower scene was some of the best physical comedy I have seen in a long time. So simple but done so smoothly and to perfection, had me laughing so much.

The show really is fantastic though, so silly and just a lot of fun.

Also glad to have Chad back, always love his scenes.

Agreed. The shower curtain movement was great

Great episode, but it seems my fear was confirmed and that the deaths this season will mostly be limited to the newer cast members. Which kinda sucks. One of the aspects I liked so much about season 1 was how it was a complete toss up on who could be the killer and who could be killed. This definitely doesn't seem to be the case with this season.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I almost didn't watch episode 2 because of the lack of Chad in episode 1, glad he's back. This show is meh without him, imo.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I almost didn't watch episode 2 because of the lack of Chad in episode 1, glad he's back. This show is meh without him, imo.

I'm here for the Chanels mostly. IMO they are just as funny and memorable as Chad. But yeah he's a legend. I just think that the Chanels, joke for joke are on par with him. Especially #1.

Caelestis

Didn't really care about Chad at all in season 1, but season 2 has been questionably boring to me until he showed up. I can finally see why people liked him. x.x

TripOpt55

Fun season so far. Nice to see Chad again. The scene with him and Stamos in the showers was hilarious. The Chanels continue to crack me up too.

Kevin

I absolutely love this show. Not surprised by the shit ratings which is unfortunate. I feel like this show is great though. Would have bought season one on Blu-Ray had they of released it on Blu-Ray.

clockpunk

Phenomenal show - great job from the entire team! So glad Chad has returned - I think his speec in Episode 3 when they go out hunting the RD to backstreet boys is one of the funniest things I have seen in years. And season 2 is exceeding expectations (despite my missing the campus setting).

Jhoan

Cross-posting from the Inktober thread since it's relevant and once upon a time I promised I would do some fan art:
Jhoan said:
I think I set the bar a bit high for myself with the Green Meanie from Scream Queens Season 2. Got into it and spent several hours on it trying to do it justice based off the only two reference images that exist on Google Image search. This is Day 1:

I don't have a theme so I'm winging it but will write a list to keep myself on track. Dunno what I'm gonna do for Day 2 but it's a toss up between the Red Devil from Season 1, fan art from a favorite beat em up game, or whatever else I'm in the mood for.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I absolutely love this show. Not surprised by the shit ratings which is unfortunate. I feel like this show is great though. Would have bought season one on Blu-Ray had they of released it on Blu-Ray.

That is a shame, it is one of my favorite shows. The direction and writing are really good considering what the show is about. Chad and the Chanels' are perfectly cast.. I could see all of them going on to bigger things.

Taruranto

Finally catched up, as much I enjoy characters like Denise and Chad I feel having so many returning characters really hurts the plot, I had quite a lot of fun in S1 doubting everyone.

Way too few new characters too.

I bought it on iTunes. It was on sale one week for only $10, which is a steal.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight! (for real this time~)

Handidates

Dean Munsch, Denise and the Chanels question Hester about the killer, as well as the sole survivor of the Halloween massacre, while Chad believes Brock to be the culprit and makes a shocking proposal to Chanel. Later, a patient arrives with an incredible disorder that leads Chanel #3 and Cassidy to become closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom