• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sexy Utada Hikaru x Nintendo = First Nintendo DS TV commercial

neptunes

So this means the japanese launch is relatively close right? People were saying that it launch in december in japan.

EDIT: you can almost see down her shirt. :D

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Now I can't understand Japanese, but I think I got the basis of the commercial. She's saying "What the fuck do I do with this?" right?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Anyone want to tell us what the voice over says? Before I put this down as one of the worst commercials ever?

DSN2K

hahah.JPG

:lol

Sho Nuff

Banned
She basically says "Is it okay if I touch it?"

(And the guy off-screen replies: "It's okay, there aren't any games in it anyway, they're still not ready")

But if it excites you, she could be saying "who cut this hole in front of my cleavage?"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sho Nuff said:
She basically says "Is it okay if I touch it?"

(And the guy off-screen replies: "It's okay, there aren't any games in it anyway, they're still not ready")

But if it excites you, she could be saying "who cut this hole in front of my cleavage?"

So Nintendo admits the DS will not be ready this year. I knew it!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mama Smurf said:
Anyone want to tell us what the voice over says? Before I put this down as one of the worst commercials ever?
If the voice over you're talking about is the one guy talking for most of the first half of the video or so, this is clearly a news report about the commercial (the time and weather in the left corner gives that away). I can't translate exactly, but it seems like he's just reporting that Nintendo got Utada to do a commercial for the DS and it's sexy.

The part after he shuts up is the actual commercial.

Regardless, it's just a teaser.

Tenguman

Wario64 said:
Why did they have to use that stupid song?
I think the first half of this clip is just the news blurp of the commercial (hence the music and they guy saying her name....think MTV-news Jpop style). The actual commercial doesn't start till the logo pops up.

*edit: what MetatronM said.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
GG-Duo said:
wait, her talking voice sounds like THAT??? blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhk

She talks inside her mouth.

Edit: the commercial is pretty cool though for a teaser.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
kpop100 said:
I don't care 1% about the DS and I don't think it's that bad...this much hate can't be healthy for you :p

welcome to kneejerk-age!!

belgurdo

Banned
"We'll get Utada to mumble one sexually ambiguous line while the camera crew shoots from several angles that all poorly focus on the product in question! It'll be BRILLIANT"

And why does she talk inside her mouth?

Ozchin

Sho Nuff said:
o/~ You're easy breezy
And I'm Japaneezy o/~

o/~ I am a dirty ho
And you're jerking Mario o/~

Easy breezy sounds F'n retarded in the first place.... then rhymed with "Japaneezy"!?!?!!?!?! Will J-Pops never die?

That song is turning me violent. I hear it everywhere... and only that stupid easy-breezy part. :mad:

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I hear ya!

i heard it last friday for the first time (Karaoke cover version!) and since then i've heard it about 15 times.

It really does make you want to kill.

It's not only the lyrics.
it's the way she sings them... there is just something annoying about the way she sings "Japan-EESSEEEY" <--- the last bit, like she's unsure as to whether she's about to be shoved off a cliff or something....

She's hot and all that, but she needs to sort it out.

Ozchin

DCharlie said:
It's not only the lyrics.
it's the way she sings them... there is just something annoying about the way she sings "Japan-EESSEEEY" <--- the last bit, like she's unsure as to whether she's about to be shoved off a cliff or something....

No kidding. Her first album wasn't that bad... it was refreshing hearing GOOD English in J-Pops. This easy-breezy-Japaneezy thing is just upsetting. I have never heard anyone use the words "easy-breezy"... and "Japaneezy" sounds like something someone who knew NOTHING about Japan would say.

She's hot and all that, but she needs to sort it out.
MILF!

Top Bottom