• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sexy Utada Hikaru x Nintendo = First Nintendo DS TV commercial

Brofist

Ozchin said:
No kidding. Her first album wasn't that bad... it was refreshing hearing GOOD English in J-Pops.

Yeah, and American pop singers can't sing 1 word in Japanese, so..?

Ozchin said:
This easy-breezy-Japaneezy thing is just upsetting. I have never heard anyone use the words "easy-breezy"... and "Japaneezy" sounds like something someone who knew NOTHING about Japan would say.

I suppose you know more about Japan then her?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"No kidding. Her first album wasn't that bad... it was refreshing hearing GOOD English in J-Pops.
Yeah, and American pop singers can't sing 1 word in Japanese, so..?"

Well, you have to hear the amount of English J-Pop songs that are really REALLY terrible to understand the appreciation of Good "english" J-Pop.

"This easy-breezy-Japaneezy thing is just upsetting. I have never heard anyone use the words "easy-breezy"... and "Japaneezy" sounds like something someone who knew NOTHING about Japan would say.

I suppose you know more about Japan then her?"

I think you are picking up the wrong end of Ozchins tone.
For me, it's not a question of knowing Japan better, it's more a question of it sounding retarded.

DCharlie said:
For me, it's not a question of knowing Japan better, it's more a question of it sounding retarded.

Yeah, I mean, just cause she's Japanese and I'm not doesn't make her sound less stupid when she says "Jap-a-neeseeey."

Brofist

Well, you have to hear the amount of English J-Pop songs that are really REALLY terrible to understand the appreciation of Good "english" J-Pop.

It's true, but still considering a fair amount American pop singers have a poor grasp of the English language themselves, let alone any Japanese says something :p

I think you are picking up the wrong end of Ozchins tone.

Could be, just can't help to back when I was a Kansai Gaidai student, and in Japanese class there were always those 2 or 3 people that challenged the teacher like everytime...and talked like they knew more about Japan than Japanese people.

DCharlie

"Well, you have to hear the amount of English J-Pop songs that are really REALLY terrible to understand the appreciation of Good "english" J-Pop.
It's true, but still considering a fair amount American pop singers have a poor grasp of the English language themselves, let alone any Japanese says something :p"

ha ha ha - now THATs the truth! :)

"Could be, just can't help to back when I was a Kansai Gaidai student, and in Japanese class there were always those 2 or 3 people that challenged the teacher like everytime...and talked like they knew more about Japan than Japanese people."

... perhaps you were in the same class? No .. seriously. Ozchin has a mean Kansai-ben accent.

Brofist

JackFrost2012 said:
Yeah, I mean, just cause she's Japanese and I'm not doesn't make her sound less stupid when she says "Jap-a-neeseeey."

Yeah it sounds stupid, I'm not gonna debate that. But I took it as her thinking, being Japanese I can say something stupid like that about myself..

anyway this is giving it way too much though...it's not like we're breaking down Pink Floyd lyrics here it's pop music in a Nintendo commercial :p

DCharlie

"anyway this is giving it way too much though...it's not like we're breaking down Pink Floyd lyrics here it's pop music in a Nintendo commercial :p"

"i've got a bike,
you can ride it if you like...."

ARGGHHHHHH! PINK FLOYD HAVE LOST IT!!!! ;)

JackFrost2012 said:
Tommy February 6 > Tommy Heavenly 6 > The Brilliant Green

Switch TBG and TH6 and i'd agree. 80's pop will never die. :)

And if this is the new Nintendo, then they've got my attention.

Ozchin

Wow... this thread when in a different direction...

kpop100 said:
Yeah, and American pop singers can't sing 1 word in Japanese, so..?

So they don't try going to put lots of Japanese into their songs. Assuming I can even comprehend what they are trying to say it usually doesn't make sense.

I am also against stupid-ass Kanji tattoos.

...and my Japanese AND English suck ass. oh well.

I suppose you know more about Japan then her?

What I meant was that when I hear the word "Japaneezy" this is the image I get.... an older (mid 30s ++) American trying to describe something Asian to me (and the person doesn't know much about anything Asian) and can't find the words to describe it, so s/he says it is "Japaneezy" or "Oriental". I hardly know everything there is about Japan/Japanese... but I know what sounds stupid and "Japaneezy" is it.

I went to Doshisha University (1996-7) for study abroad, and we had a couple of "challengers" in our group... but I am not one of those people. I still can't shake my Kansai-ben, but considering I can't shake my Californian English either, I'm not too worried... just feeling a little out of place.

btw - Utada is a cutie. I wish she wore nicer clothing in the CM... something that could show off some curves or waist.

Ozchin said:
What I meant was that when I hear the word "Japaneezy" this is the image I get.... an older (mid 30s ++) American trying to describe something Asian to me (and the person doesn't know much about anything Asian) and can't find the words to describe it, so s/he says it is "Japaneezy" or "Oriental". I hardly know everything there is about Japan/Japanese... but I know what sounds stupid and "Japaneezy" is it.

She based the line off some old saying that goes "Easy Peasy Japanesy". The main problem is that most people have never even heard of that and are just wondering what the hell she's talking about.

RiZ III

You guys need to hear "Exodus" from her english album. Its an awsome song. Theres a video of a live performance of it out there, but I dont htink i can provide a link to a torrent here.

Sho Nuff

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
She based the line off some old saying that goes "Easy Peasy Japanesy". The main problem is that most people have never even heard of that and are just wondering what the hell she's talking about.

Google sez:
"Results 1 - 10 of about 265 for "Easy Peasy Japanesey"

I would say that's not a very common old saying. UTADA YOU SUCK, CONFIRM THIS KIND OF SHIT WITH ME AHEAD OF TIME OK?

Sho Nuff said:
Google sez:
"Results 1 - 10 of about 265 for "Easy Peasy Japanesey"

I would say that's not a very common old saying. UTADA YOU SUCK, CONFIRM THIS KIND OF SHIT WITH ME AHEAD OF TIME OK?

You and I should start a business. Japanese people say something in English to us, and we tell them "that's fine" or "that's retarded." Then they pay us $1000. IN RAPE DOLLARS!!

hirokazu

RiZ III said:
You guys need to hear "Exodus" from her english album. Its an awsome song. Theres a video of a live performance of it out there, but I dont htink i can provide a link to a torrent here.

i don't like her new album, i think i prefer it if she sang songs in Japanese, i dunno, but i think the most of the lyrics just sound dumb.

Sho Nuff

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
You and I should start a business. Japanese people say something in English to us, and we tell them "that's fine" or "that's retarded." Then they pay us $1000. IN RAPE DOLLARS!!

Ha ha. I'm going to fuck out both your eyes.

Brofist

Ozchin said:
So they don't try going to put lots of Japanese into their songs. Assuming I can even comprehend what they are trying to say it usually doesn't make sense.

I am also against stupid-ass Kanji tattoos.

...and my Japanese AND English suck ass. oh well.

Yeah kanji tattoos are stupid, I wouldn't disagree there. What's your native language?

I went to Doshisha University (1996-7) for study abroad, and we had a couple of "challengers" in our group... but I am not one of those people. I still can't shake my Kansai-ben, but considering I can't shake my Californian English either, I'm not too worried... just feeling a little out of place..

No need to shake your Kansai-ben, adds character :)

Miburou

I don't think she's good looking (especially after having seen her in interviews), but she can be cute. And the commercial is pretty nice. Simple and short, and does its job as a teaser. The hole in her dress is kinda stupid, though.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
mightynine said:
hehhehm.jpg

Brilliant.
Agreed.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
DCharlie said:
I hear ya!

i heard it last friday for the first time (Karaoke cover version!) and since then i've heard it about 15 times.

It really does make you want to kill.

It's not only the lyrics.
it's the way she sings them... there is just something annoying about the way she sings "Japan-EESSEEEY" <--- the last bit, like she's unsure as to whether she's about to be shoved off a cliff or something....

She's hot and all that, but she needs to sort it out.

like exile for instance. man their english sucks.

DCharlie

The ad was at the start , middle and end of this mornings Keroro Gunso,

She has a mans voice, of that there is no doubt.
Either that, or she's back on the fags. ;)

neo2046

DCharlie said:
The ad was at the start , middle and end of this mornings Keroro Gunso,

She has a mans voice, of that there is no doubt.
Either that, or she's back on the fags. ;)
Keroro Gunso is very funny :D
although I have not seen the anime yet

DCharlie

"Keroro Gunso is very funny
although I have not seen the anime yet"

the anime is pretty cool - it makes getting up early on a saturday morning slightly more enjoyable.

but only just started reading the manga.

nubbe

I also want to touch!

Looks like she is having real fun
Just look how graciously she moves with the unit in her hand, an indication of how light the unit is.

SolidSnakex said:

wasn't this line in Goldmember? said by Austin's dad, I think?

I finally got around to listening to her album myself, I must say it's really nice..... but only when you ignore the lyrics. Who wrote them? Horrible.

Well time to go find a dirty blond Texan and born again Christian.

Suerte

DarthWufei said:
I finally got around to listening to her album myself, I must say it's really nice..... but only when you ignore the lyrics. Who wrote them? Horrible.

Well time to go find a dirty blond Texan and born again Christian.

Haha, yeah :(

The backing track on Exodus 04 is just.... mmmm, teh sex. You could have teh sex to it actually, care to try?

Ozchin

Trevelyon said:
Holy crap Utada is soooooo burnt!

:lol

http://ds.ign.com/articles/551/551627p1.html

LAME!!! I wonder how much money was spent on the ad from start to finish... maybe I should join the advertising agency instead...

"hey guys, how's this for an idea... Utada is playing the DS, but you can't really see anything cuz we don't have any games so she can just make circles on the screen and laugh cuz she doesn't know what she is supposed to be doing. THEN we show some clevage and pop up the words 'TOUCH!' right next to her clevage... get it? tits, touch, DS has a 'touch' screen... isn't that great?"

$$$$$$$$

Brofist

Ozchin said:
LAME!!! I wonder how much money was spent on the ad from start to finish... maybe I should join the advertising agency instead...

"hey guys, how's this for an idea... Utada is playing the DS, but you can't really see anything cuz we don't have any games so she can just make circles on the screen and laugh cuz she doesn't know what she is supposed to be doing. THEN we show some clevage and pop up the words 'TOUCH!' right next to her clevage... get it? tits, touch, DS has a 'touch' screen... isn't that great?"

$$$$$$$$

So let's hear your idea for a commercial then.

Top Bottom