• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 | Preview Thread

Vick

Gold Member
I've been shitting on this Remake ever since it was announced, I believe due to both my reverence for the original and Bloober aggressively mediocre if not downright awful history.. however I have to admit the latest material managed to convince me to be there D1 even.

This is one massive improvement. And game atmosphere and aesthetic seem to be on point and that's actually huge and not at all something to take for granted.
Team Silent work will always be there for me, just want to give this Remake a chance and exploring SH with such fidelity is unquestionably going to be a treat regardless.
Not like there's much else I would like to play these days anyway.

Yeah but the feedback helped just like they use to when they released trailers.
They got criticism and address it
Although I still think theres problems they have improved on the stuff we know they would be willing to address.
So yes, it is the problem because they don't do this anymore and just release shit.
The actual turnaround from the first trailer to release isn't that bad.
Two years is on par with most Konami games from the 2000's
That's why we used to have 2 E3 & 2 TGS trailers from games like MGS & Silent Hill.
and it got shorter with the sequels in the same generation.
Konami & Capcom seem to be doing it the right way.
Everyone else is doing it wrong.
Adding animations, changes in fog and stuff was always something they planned to do and its typical of things that change near the end of development. You have no idea how much they changed from feedback or if they planned to do those things anyway.

The initial hype was wasted on a trailer no one liked and now they have to "win back" their potential audience with even the CEO begging for a chance from the players. Not sure if it's a good trade tbh. You still have people here doubting the game even after the latest few videos being amazing, previews being almost all of them great, etc...

kikii

i think ill pre-oder it despite of that how angela looks like and this "modern audience" stuff

I bet Bloober will make an original traditional silent hill after this. I would reccomend having the plot be with adult laura going back

TheBigBoss95

Neo Member
Maria/Mary still sounds so bored. And I don't get the impression that they're the same person, Like the OG, She changed between Maria and Mary flawlessly which made it scary when she said "I am not your Mary".

kikii

You can't even tell what's fundamentally wrong with her, internet told you to hate her so you're doing just that
giphy.gif

Madflavor

I'm actually starting to get exciting for this since it's a month away and looking better and better. Huge win for Bloober if they manage to pull this off.

game 'journos' raving? I have a bad feeling about this

I was going to get it till I found out dei and social agenda overlords sweet baby inc was involved in the game. I buy nothing they are involved with.

GrayChild

I was going to get it till I found out dei and social agenda overlords sweet baby inc was involved in the game. I buy nothing they are involved with.

I don't see the game listed in any of the "official" DEI lists right now.

Jesb

I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far but the combat still isn’t a strong point to the game. The combat isn’t the focus of this series but they missed a chance to actually make it a strong point and it still look really weak to me.

oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

Going to grab my popcorn when I see this meme come to life 1 month from now on GAF:

Two-Buttons.jpg

Top Bottom