• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIlent Hill 2 Remake | Review Thread

What scores do you think Silent Hill 2 Remake will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 56-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 50 25.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calverz

Perfect score from Eurogamer? What’s happening?
6hCBraW.jpeg

That's someone the expected score given the hype but let's see what the user feedback would be once it gets released. I feel it will not be as universally liked as much.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Well, that sure is a surprise to me.. But when the result is or may be a good game, it's good to be wrong. I still don't think it's for me, I don't like Bloober's awkward and stiff style, but that's fine as long as their audience is happy (not a dig btw).

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Sorry to be that guy but... don't buy into the hype yet gents - I think that most reviewers A) haven't played the OG and B) even if they played it, they must have expected something...not good (it's Bloober after all) and they're actually surprised that it's not so, basically, this is the typical honeymoon period where excitement is at an all time high and most problems can be overlooked - look at the Polish review which is one of the few that mentions the character models for example (i.e, they're bad).

Let's not kid ourselves , while this might not be horrible like many were expecting, Bloober never was nor will it ever be or produce "9/10" material.

Personally, a game with those faces/character models, those janky-ass animations and jerky cutscene jump-cuts and weird framing cannot be a 9/10 in my book.

I insist that Bloober team are lower bid hacks and that they'll never be able to produce something extraordinary (on their own).

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Sorry to be that guy but... don't buy into the hype yet gents - I think that most reviewers A) haven't played the OG and B) even if they played it, they must have expected something...not good (it's Bloober after all) and they're actually surprised that it's not so, basically, this is the typical honeymoon period where excitement is at an all time high and most problems can be overlooked - look at the Polish review which is one of the few that mentions the character models for example (i.e, they're bad).

Let's not kid ourselves , while this might not be horrible like many were expecting, Bloober never was nor will it ever be or produce "9/10" material.

Personally, a game with those faces/character models, those janky-ass animations and jerky cutscene jump-cuts and weird framing cannot be a 9/10 in my book.

I insist that Bloober team are lower bid hacks and that they'll never be able to produce something extraordinary (on their own).

They never played original! And even if they did it doesn’t matter!!!

Mate you lost. Move on, GOTY.

OK that's pretty promising. Might pick it up in a week or two to play through with the wife. I like a well told horror story, I just hope it's reasonably easy to follow the story and it's not told like a pompous art house movie.

Eh, I can see Starfield being a 10 for some people. It's the kind of game destined to be divisive. Sci Fi Space Games are a matter of taste really, same for No Man's Sky, Wing Commander etc
That's not the argument though. A 10 out of 10 is supposed to be a very rare occasion and they're giving it out like candy which dilutes any 10 they provide for any video game, regardless if they are universally acclaimed or not.

coachmcguirk91

Neo Member
Good to see a grounded survival horror game review well. Alan Wake 2's release last year reinvigorated my interest in the genre. The atmosphere is everything for these type of games and it sounds like Bloober nailed it. Excited to get completely immersed

Last edited:

Doggyred

Neo Member

The Silent Hill 2 remake should be judged on its own merits and not be compared to the original. Reviewers who haven’t played the original can give a fresh and unbiased opinion. This helps new players decide if the game is good by today’s standards, not just for those who loved the original. A good remake should be enjoyable for everyone, whether they’ve played the original or not. I plan on buying on this and if it was just a 1 for 1 copy of the original with better graphics I would just play the original.

Top Bottom