• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIlent Hill 2 Remake | Review Thread

What scores do you think Silent Hill 2 Remake will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 56-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 50 25.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJRB

Gold Member
Normies will like it, hardcore SH fans will hate it for its "creative liberties".

78% (because most reviewers are normies)

Dafegamer

25415.gif
I feel uncomfortable looking at this 😬

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
From what we've seen so far, what aspects of this game make it look like a lower tier experience to you?

Comparatively, with that recent Alone in the Dark game, while the motion capture for the performances was decently good, I could see the visible jank when any gameplay was shown so I knew that game would not score above 70s.

It's just hard to believe Blooper will be able to keep the game in tack with what people remember from back in the day. I feel like it'll get at least a 5 point hit just for not being done by Japanese devs.

It's just hard to believe Blooper will be able to keep the game in tack with what people remember from back in the day.
This first part is exactly why I can't predict anything above the 80s in score. Even if this turns out to be pretty good, it will hinge entirely on veteran reviewers' nostalgia and adding on how overly picky the SH fandom is about SH 2, it means that the game has to be good enough to get over these two humps. If this game is great, I think that reviewers who haven't played SH 2 before will put their scores in the 90s, balancing out the veterans who might go lower, which would make it even out in the 80s.
I feel like it'll get at least a 5 point hit just for not being done by Japanese devs.
This is normally irrelevant to professional reviewers and does not effect score, unless this game is such an extremely bad botch job that they have no choice but to point it out.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This first part is exactly why I can't predict anything above the 80s in score. Even if this turns out to be pretty good, it will hinge entirely on veteran reviewers' nostalgia and adding on how overly picky the SH fandom is about SH 2, it means that the game has to be good enough to get over these two humps. If this game is great, I think that reviewers who haven't played SH 2 before will put their scores in the 90s, balancing out the veterans who might go lower, which would make it even out in the 80s.

This is normally irrelevant to professional reviewers and does not effect score, unless this game is such an extremely bad botch job that they have no choice but to point it out.

I hope you are right.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Original game is like 3/10 game wrapped around 8/10 story, so I would guess around 7/10 with +1 for actual remake, not remaster. Just a guess

Puscifer

Normies will like it, hardcore SH fans will hate it for its "creative liberties".

78% (because most reviewers are normies)
78 to 82

My only issues would be if they'll have the balls to keep the rougher elements of the story in. I've been debating what next game to buy but part of me wants to play this be Dead Rising deluxe knowing Capcom games tank in price quickly.

Might just wait on both and get em around the holidays

Going by some of the people here, it's gonna be the remake that surpasses the original in every single way and even be a contender for GOTY. So, I vote 95% on their behalf for the LOLZ!

DavidGzz

Purists who hate large headed women may scoff but I say 83. I never played the original and don't care if videogame women give me a woody or not so I think I'll love it.

DeepSpace5D

I’m going with an 85. But this is one of the rare occasions where I really don’t care what it averages. I’m not even much of a fan of Bloober and I’m getting it regardless. It’s a new version of Silent Hill 2.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Game could be mediocre, but these complaints give off smooth brain energy. Not sure if it was him or Gamepressure who failed to understand the concept of timezones, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was the former.
I stated on this very forum, only like 24 hours ago or so? That one of Bloobers biggest Ws is making SH2 more explorable... wtf is wrong with these fucking people?

Top Bottom