• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIlent Hill 2 Remake | Review Thread

What scores do you think Silent Hill 2 Remake will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 56-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 36 18.3%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 50 25.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrap

I am so pleasantly surprised by this. I really had little faith in Bloober and the footage I'd seen wasn't convincing me otherwise.

Congratulations to them team on making the first awesome Silent Hill since forever and reviving the series from being completely comatose. Looking forward to playing through it and exploring every corner of the town.

Killer8

Not surprising scores for anyone paying attention for the last few months and who wasn't dead set on shitting on the game for the pettiest of reasons.

For as long as I live I never want to see another thumbnail of some Youtube cuck's face with bold impact font saying "I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT ____ " again.

MDSLKTR

Suck it haters
heather-silent-hill.gif

Last edited:
Very happy with this, even though I thought it was looking very well done in the last couple of showings.

Bloober Team seems to have executed this very well. I may end up picking it up on launch, but I may wait to see if there'll be Pro support announced shortly after launch or any general updates they do to improve it, as games almost always tend to do these days.

Feels like it's always best to wait a month or so, anyway.

Not surprising scores for anyone paying attention for the last few months and who wasn't dead set on shitting on the game for the pettiest of reasons.

For as long as I live I never want to see another thumbnail of some Youtube cuck's face with bold impact font saying "I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT ____ " again.

I liked the original game. The remake probably won't impress me as much, but I still couldn't understand why so many people hated it. The remake will allow you to experience the story from a new perspective, and for a true fan that's always an interesting idea. Just being able to explore the Silent Hill map with UE5 graphics makes me want to play the remake regardless of the ugly female design (Angela).

Astray

The improvement was massive in the last 3-4 trailers. Made the continued anger over the game seem very odd to me.

Kudos to Bloober and Konami for not letting the negativity stop them from making the best game they could.

Kikorin

This is a nice surprise, definitely going to play it in future when I'll find it on some sale. Seems a good work and I never played the second chapter of this classic.

SweetTooth

Gold Member
The problem is that when you buy a $3,000 PC, and there are no console exclusives, the consoles collect dust. It's spanking the Xbox for sure though.

You know, I kinda agree with you here. Releasing SP games on PC can only devalue your main brand for a small increase in revenue. Nintendo knows this, the retards at Sony/MS are looking for the short term gain

ToadMan

Bloober out Bluepoint-ing .... er Bluepoint!

Redemption arc. The Medium was a mis-step for sure - perhaps driven by the need to be ready for Xbox series launch window.

But as an arc from Observer and Layers of Fear to this, I feel like that is a fair recognition of the strides Bloober has made the last few years. Good on them.

... Now will there be a PSVR mode in future? Seems to be in vogue for horror/survival these days.

Also kind of surprised some of the Polish reviewers have given this the worst scores - so much for home cookin'! Respect to them for not fawning over a homegrown game but damn...

Top Bottom