• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, the PSTwo Oct 26th rumor was just that - A RUMOR

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wario64 said:
That or maybe they're putting in a smaller HDD in the console...but I somehow doubt that would happen. It'll be interesting if they omit the HDD or the ability to use HDDs...basically telling developers that they don't care about the HDD and they shouldn't either
Or they could add memory stick support. Won't do much for FFXI which needs several gig of space, but it'll do for most downloadable content.

neptunes said:
Do they mean worldwide?

Cause this + DQ8 JP = $$$

That's whyat they seem to be doing. Launching it along with their biggest titles. They must be really tight with Rockstar if they can actually get them to delay the game to release alongside the PStwo though.

cvxfreak

neo2046 said:
PSTwo launch before Dec + DQ8 + 15000Yen = really hurt to Nintendo DS

I forgot about the DS. If it debuts more expensive than the PS2, then it spells trouble. Plus GC will only be 1000 Yen cheaper, so Nintendo may need to drop that, too...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I might have to do the same thing i did with my GBA, trade it in right before the price drop and upgrade accordingly. :(

I hope it plays PS1 games though, it would be stupid if it did not.

neptunes

neo2046 said:
PSTwo launch before Dec + DQ8 + 15000Yen = really hurt to Nintendo DS

not exactly, well nintendo has quite a while to nail down the japanese launch.

The ad indicates "WINTER 2004" which could be anything from November to December.

I think Nintendo of Japan would be wise to launch the DS in november, when the kids have lots of spending money (do japanese children get holiday in dec?)

cvxfreak

neptunes said:
not exactly, well nintendo has quite a while to nail down the japanese launch.

The ad indicates "WINTER 2004" which could be anything from November to December.

I think Nintendo of Japan would be wise to launch the DS in november, when the kids have lots of spending money (do japanese children get holiday in dec?)

Japanese sales are usually much larger in the end of December and beginning of January, so a DS launch in those periods will surely help out sales of the system, but early November is also great.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hirokazu said:
some of you guys are acting like you know tons of stuff about this... are you all making shit up and talking out of your ass, or do you genuinely know something?

The latter. I just know what I've posted till now in various threads:

- 23cm tall (in vertical position of course)
- 900gr weigh (hmm... no HDD inside?)
- Official unvealing on Tuesday 21st
- SCPH 70000

M3wThr33

Banned
Jesus! It took long enough for them to make it! I've been waiting to this to come out for a while! Final PS2 hardware! Now i can finally own one of these buggers without fearing it breaking down in 2 months.

hirokazu

Defensor said:
Some of them know their stuff...

TTP said:
The latter. I just know what I've posted till now in various threads:

- 23cm tall (in vertical position of course)
- 900gr weight (hmm... no HDD inside?)
- Official unvealing on Tuesday 21st
- SCPH 70000

that's good to hear - i've been planning to buy a PS2 sometime in December (looking out for a good deal for Xmas), and i was set on getting this PStwo instead ever since these rumours just kept popping out from everywhere lately, i would be disappointed if it didn't make it out this year and i'd have to settle for a regular PS2...

Elios83

Ummmm TTP is right:

sonyconferencefall2004_notizia_playstation2-psp0.jpg

So far we know it will be 23cm long and it will weighs 0,9Kg.

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Odysseus said:
Well, you knew that when Spong picked it up and talked about a confirmation set for next Tuesday, you knew that there was a snowball's chance in Hell of it happening anytime soon.

Ahem...

Top Bottom