• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is your favorite Digimon?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
With that said, I prefer VictoryGreymon over WarGreymon.

If only because he has a decency to wear a thong.

WC8JpTS.jpg

WarGreymon

sucks that this is his most recent good art :(

Zennistrad

Neo Member
A lot of really cool-looking Digimon don't have a lot of good art outside of official illustrations, which tend to be quite small. I suspect it's mostly because Digimon is still a relatively niche franchise and a lot of the obscure Digimon just haven't gotten enough attention to get the really good artists to do something interesting with them.

Boss Doggie

A lot of really cool-looking Digimon don't have a lot of good art outside of official illustrations, which tend to be quite small. I suspect it's mostly because Digimon is still a relatively niche franchise and a lot of the obscure Digimon just haven't gotten enough attention to get the really good artists to do something interesting with them.

Oh I was talking about the artist of the fanart, not the character himself since it's a fanart :p

Random trivia: there's one thing that links Digimon and Pokemon together.

And of course, it's the father of Japanese monsters himself.

6295306_orig.jpg

Usobuko

Banned

I don't want to sound like a genwunner but the earlier digimons are better. They managed to incorporate some sense of elegance in grotesque looking designs.

eizarus

Banned
With that said, I prefer VictoryGreymon over WarGreymon.

If only because he has a decency to wear a thong.

WC8JpTS.jpg

sucks that this is his most recent good art :(
Man I loved this mofucka. From battle T Rex to Dino-Knight guy. I wanna watch Digimon again now :(

dity

Flamemon.

r7qwPV4.jpg

I just thought it was cool how they bothered to give the spirit evolutions rookie forms and bothered showing this one.

Not a big fan of Frontier but this 'mon always stuck out to me. Always thought it looked rad as a kid.

Boss Doggie

technically VictoryGreymon only appeared in the games and a manga

and well I like how Digimon is one of those few mon series that has intricate detail like musculature on mons

Brakke

Banned
Magnamon.

latest

It's easily my favorite visual design in the entire franchise. His design is very sleek and looks very badass, but at the same time it doesn't go into excessive detail like you see a lot of Digimon do in recent years. The jet-like extensions and golden armor are just enough to demonstrate that he has extraordinary capabilities, but his simple humanoid figure and relative lack of bells and whistles keep the focus on his dynamic poses and feats of action. For this reason Magnamon's only appearance in Digimon Adventure 02 is easily the best fight scene in the season.

There is nothing "slick" about those robo-toes tho.

Man, fuck Leomon. It's all about the Bancho, motherfuckers:

KjKhChf.jpg

The only version of Leomon in the entire series who didn't take any bullshit. Didn't go out like a bitch against MetelEtemon, and didn't get murked because of some dopey girl.

Runner up goes to Gabumon because he's such a cool guy. Way better looking than Agumon, unless Agumon has some red gloves on.

maouvin

Always liked Paildramon. The jogress evolution song being hype - and first used with him - certainly helped it.

And I still need to finish Tamers and everything that came after that.

dity

Gallantmon came in a close second for my favourite Digimon as he was my fav for ages. I even had toys of him and everything. Biomerge Digievolution was like the most epic thing to me after 3 whole seasons of the show:

https://youtu.be/iBMZ-KWIgfI

And then it became this thing in the last episode and I lost my kid mind:

EbXaWvb.jpg

Boss Doggie

KjKhChf.jpg

The only version of Leomon in the entire series who didn't take any bullshit. Didn't go out like a bitch against MetelEtemon, and didn't get murked because of some dopey girl.

Runner up goes to Gabumon because he's such a cool guy. Way better looking than Agumon, unless Agumon has some red gloves on.

Best Leomon is Leo though.

woopWOOP

Gomamon. He's useless, but so dang adorable
Runners up would be Palmon and Biyomon

...My only exposure to Digimon is the Adventure01 anime if it wasn't obvious :V

Shoutmon does look pretty rad though

Boss Doggie

Shoutmon does look pretty rad though

Shoutmon is so rad. In the anime he starts out as an immature kid but as the show went on he becomes a dependable, mature Digimon who is rightfully fit for the Digimon King title. Also he doesn't give a fuck about muh darkness and shit, so he doesn't have those "dark" versions (though obviously Bandai promoted a dark Shoutmon creature). Also he's so hotblooded everything goes on fire!

His evolution is pretty cool too. Even with the QUALITY issues, he can show badassery in the second season's first ep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbaotKkcwo

my-moviexcpw7.gif

Magnamon.

latest

It's easily my favorite visual design in the entire franchise. His design is very sleek and looks very badass, but at the same time it doesn't go into excessive detail like you see a lot of Digimon do in recent years. The jet-like extensions and golden armor are just enough to demonstrate that he has extraordinary capabilities, but his simple humanoid figure and relative lack of bells and whistles keep the focus on his dynamic poses and feats of action. For this reason Magnamon's only appearance in Digimon Adventure 02 is easily the best fight scene in the season.

my man.

H2CFqVl.gif

all gold everything

Boss Doggie

Biker Beelzemon is the best! I hate the Digimon Fusion design, an angel when he is supposed to be a badass demon lord.

It's a different Beelzebumon. In that version he IS an angel. Variants and such.

And I like him there, he's sorta like Batman except he has a tsundere girlfriend.

Enton of course, followed by Pikachu.

That said, those are the only two ones I can remember without using google as I had to watch the series because of my eldest daughter.

EDIT

And THAT said I just realised OP was talking about those stupid Digimons, not Pokemons...

Breads

Banned
Didn't even notice.

This is Renamon so sorry, not sorry!

The irony here is that it is actually Renamon who revealed that canonically, regardless of appearance or mannerisms, Digimon are actually genderless.

I do like Renamon and Ruki's arc though. It's cute when they start flirting and don't even know it. As far as series goes Tamers is still my favorite.

My actual favorite Digimon is this one though.

KjKhChf.jpg

Beelzemon and some of the knight mons are close runners up to Renamon and Bancho Leomon.

Top Bottom