• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is your favorite Digimon?

Metal B

Digimon art is sooooooooooooooooo good. My favorite is Gremon, he is such a boss.
The thread reminds me, why the design of the Digimon is seen as terrible. I can understand, why i liked them as a kid, but they are clearly over designed and not very timeless.

NightOnyx

Omegamon/Omnimon is badass and is my favorite. Can't wait to see more of him in Tri.

tumblr_n6pt1oFrWa1t0zxm0o7_400.gif

I-hate-u

Dukemon.jpg

I love his contrast to Guilmon's personality, and the fact that is if he loses himself, he becomes a Digmon who is a hazard to the digital world just be existing:

megidramon_by_thenightmaredragon-d6gpt87.jpg

How cool is that? Dukemon is also pretty much Goku, so he can't not be my number 1.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I only saw digimon on tv once and I'll never forget it. An armadillo type creature turned into a submarine. That was enough for me.

Breads

Banned
The thread reminds me, why the design of the Digimon is seen as terrible. I can understand, why i liked them as a kid, but they are clearly over designed and not very timeless.

Not even remotely true.

Rookies and under are very appropriately designed and timeless. These are the ones that have the most dialogue and recieve the most characterization. Champions and higher are overdesigned intentionally as they primarily exist as temporary fighting forms with most rookies having access to multiple alternative forms. These are not the forms people ever get attached to as characters barring a few specific in which what should be a temporary fighting form (in the TV series at least) becomes permanent.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man I hate the Vmon line. And everything associated with that fucker.

fixed

lemme guess, this came before latias/latios

Nah Lati@s came out first.

The irony here is that it is actually Renamon who revealed that canonically, regardless of appearance or mannerisms, Digimon are actually genderless.

Correction. It was a dub thing.

Each Digimon series has its own thing. In Xros Wars it is outright stated that Digimon have gender and can have babies.

Boss Doggie

Ascribing to a single ruleset on how a mon should look regardless of a franchise is a bad thing to have.

Not even remotely true.

Rookies and under are very appropriately designed and timeless. These are the ones that have the most dialogue and recieve the most characterization. Champions and higher are overdesigned intentionally as they primarily exist as temporary fighting forms with most rookies having access to multiple alternative forms. These are not the forms people ever get attached to as characters barring a few specific in which what should be a temporary fighting form (in the TV series at least) becomes permanent.

I disagree. Sure if you only view the anime, but their official art gives them much detail.

Roided Agumon for instance.

Agumon.jpg

Digimon was the first thing I ever fell in love with it, so it came as a surprise to me to have a very new Digimon as my favorite:

latest

I love the design.
I love the lore behind her.
I love Mastema, the character whom she's inspired by.
I love Angewomon (I crushed on Kari so Gatomon I was fond of) who's one-half of those who make this up.
I love Mastemon.

Rounding out the top 3 are:

latest

latest

Special mention to:

latest

Boss Doggie

technically there is no "line", as Digimon can become another (for instance Gabumon can become Centauromon)

with that said certain lines are obviously continued from previous ones like the Agumon and Vmon lines

Yep. I don't care if some think it's trying too hard, I loved that design.

Why is it so...buff? Its upgrade has skinny arms in comparison.

Yeah Omegamon is the best knight.

Also that's just how the official art looks, which is one thing I like from Digimon. They put weight in thickness and detail of stuff like muscles. They mellowed out later on but you still see them.

Like Greymon 2010

Greymon_2010_2.jpg

The irony here is that it is actually Renamon who revealed that canonically, regardless of appearance or mannerisms, Digimon are actually genderless.

I do like Renamon and Ruki's arc though. It's cute when they start flirting and don't even know it. As far as series goes Tamers is still my favorite.

I know. At the same time a person is free to interpret how they wish to interpret.

In other words, just having fun with it.

Another one for Guilmon. I was a fan of Digimon from the very beginning but when Tamers came out I instantly fell in love with Guilmon. All his Digivolutions are great too. Just love everything about Guilmon. And he's voiced by Steve Freaking Blum! My favorite voice actor voicing my favorite Digimon. It's like they made this Digimon specifically for me.

twhi05o.jpg

Best Digimon.

Boss Doggie

Eh kinda neutral on Guilmon. But his uh... "disability" makes me go eh on him.

I know. At the same time a person is free to interpret how they wish to interpret.

In other words, just having fun with it.

No again - dub stuff and self-containment.

As I said, in Xros Wars genders do exist and reproduction does exist.

Hmm, some of my favorites have already been named, except for:

i1LJSoj.jpg

Always getting shafted. :(

To give more love to underappreciated mons, I've always liked HerakleKabuterimon:

bHbRJhs.jpg

As for newer digimon, I'm partial to Hackmon, myself:

MWmERxG.jpg

He also evolves to the most overly designed greatness:

YuI2HIs.jpg

"Hey, could you stick more swords onto this guy?"
"Where?"
"I don't know, his tail and feet?"
"..."

Sistermon of course!
latest

Real answer: Cherubimon
cherubimon_by_inano2009.png

No Turuiemon in that picture?
DFVzk9G.jpg

Metal B

Not even remotely true.

The problem is the tone between the different forms. You have the nice, simple and friendly Rookies and in contrast completely over the top advance forms with weapons, lasers, capes and tits. Pokemons evolution at least look like, they're an "adult" version of the same design. In Digimon a cartoon cat turns into an oversexualized angel .... what?

Brofield

A single episode for this badboy because Tai fucked over Agumon.

SkullGreymon_b.jpg

Skullgreymon scared the everliving shit out of me as a child, but I gotta say it's a pretty memorable design. Not even Dry Bowser is this terrifying.

Not sure if they ever did return to him; I was finished with Digimon after the third adventure, and when I saw the kiddos become Digimon that was just a big ol' fat "nope" from me. I am interested in the new series though that returns to the very first protagonists.

Top Bottom