• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymond's Fairgame$

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Name one person who bitch and moaned about street fighter II.
At the time? Nobody.

In more recent times? Plenty of dumdums from the “modern audiences” blasted the game as racist for stuff like Chun-Li’s stage background, which apparently is a racist and stereotyped image of late-80’s China to someone who wouldn’t be born for at least half a decade after SF2’s heydays, has never been to China, and clearly has never even seen photos of China.

PeteBull

Gold Member

About 11 mins into this, Kyle Bosman goes over some talks the devs have done where they show off that the masks to customize your characters are Ai created and starts calling people "Dipshits"

That's a Game Awards presenter and former Easy Ally publicly slagging off this game before it's properly shown off. If someone that tame has it out for it, I don't see the wider public giving it a chance.

he is most known from reaction to e3 2015 holy trifecta reveal

and his amazing news/parody show called the final bosman

Last edited:

Hookshot

Gold Member
At the time? Nobody.

In more recent times? Plenty of dumdums from the “modern audiences” blasted the game as racist for stuff like Chun-Li’s stage background, which apparently is a racist and stereotyped image of late-80’s China to someone who wouldn’t be born for at least half a decade after SF2’s heydays, has never been to China, and clearly has never even seen photos of China.
It's like Punch Out, ethnic stereotypes are bad so we can no longer have that, it's got to be a bland mush of positivity when there was nothing negative about Dhalsim or Piston Honda

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Can I just...like...get another Wipeout game or something.

ps4 gamer GIF by PlayStation

That would be cool. Thanks Sony.
Nope, from now on you’ll only get games that take an entire console generation to develop and cost $200 million +

Bernardougf

How do they do it? Easy.

In board room meetings some marketing guy says the gaming industry is $200B of sales and the top gaas games are probably like $50B alone. Marketing dude says “well, if we can achieve just 1% of Fortnite success that leads to millions of sales”.

Then top brass asks how to do it.

Woke art director says make a game with DEI focus because white gamers will always be there to buy. But if you promote a woman or minority in the cover it’ll expand the reach and draw in sales from those demographics.

Slam dunk!
Yeah .. and them the game takes 7 years to make and is dropped into a different cultural market that has evolved and now is being able to say "fuck you" to them...

Bernardougf

Nope, from now on you’ll only get games that take an entire console generation to develop and cost $200 million +
This is a problem by itself right .. 8 years is a lot of time ... markets change in 8 years, tendencies, cultural mindset, demographics, things change a lot in 8 years... you base your game on a popular trope that 8 years after already is spent out and you throw the game into a heavily saturated market that in the time span already saw enough games with that trope or maybe the cultural game landscape changed completely ... I really dont think is feasible trend chasing that takes 8 years to achieve.

Dafuq ? Why would i want the work done being rendered useless ...

Ideally the games are great and lot of people enjoy them.

If they suck like concord then yeah sure. But do we habe any indicator thats the case ?

Imo since they’re working on GaaS games they’ll either fail or be a successful hamster wheel tying up the studios time. Neither sounds ideal to me.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Maybe Haven can hire some of the laid off character designers from Firewalk and concept artists that worked on the Borderlands movie.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

About 11 mins into this, Kyle Bosman goes over some talks the devs have done where they show off that the masks to customize your characters are Ai created and starts calling people "Dipshits"

That's a Game Awards presenter and former Easy Ally publicly slagging off this game before it's properly shown off. If someone that tame has it out for it, I don't see the wider public giving it a chance.

The wider public has no idea who Kyle Bossman or Haven Studios is.

Top Bottom