• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymond's Fairgame$

Hudo

ps4pro-jade-raymond-1.jpg

bill-clinton-president.gif

PatientGamer

Gold Member
Wait til you’re single player games have terrible gameplay and corny stories….. Multiplayer games need great GAMEPLAY!!! FF16 is a game with great graphics but garbage gameplay but it’s story and graphics hide it’s flaws…
Single player games have had terrible gameplay and corny stories since the very beginning. Personally, FFXVI is my favourite one. Unpopular opinion but I loved every bit of it.

If it's better than PayDay, I can enjoy it. Woke or otherwise. Concord was just an incomplete with contradicting design choices.

PeteBull

Gold Member
How many co workers you think did this babe.
She is married with 2 kids and 49yo, so likely no1 in a while but its not an achievement for a woman anyways, avg girl at 18yo w/o any achievements can have sex with new guys few times/day if she only desires, us guys are dogs for the most part ;)

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's not even "once in a blue moon".

Basically all the successful games have some sort of "wokeness" to them.

Meanwhile name me one game that's "anti-woke" and successful. There's basically none, at best there are games that avoid the woke notion without addressing it critically, but even that isn't a guarantee of success.
didn't wukong devs refused dei money and got harassed by the media for it?

I could be wrong but that sound as anti woke a game can be without going into disgusting territory.

Last edited:
No offence to Jade Raymond, she might be a genius for all I know, but isn’t she really known only for one game - the original assassin’s creed which is absolutely stone cold boring?

The first AC was revolutionary in a lot of aspects, come on. It set the foundations of the new open worlds, alongside Rockstar's, and was very original back in the day, when Ubisoft was a pioneer company, not the cesspit it's nowadays.

However, Jade is living off her past days and her studio was bought for unclear reasons. Or clear ones, depending on how ill-thought-out we want to be.

PeteBull

Gold Member
When did they refuse "DEI money"?
sweet baby wanted to guide them and wukong devs told them to fk themselfs

Astray

sweet baby wanted to guide them and wukong devs told them to fk themselfs
Sweet baby doesn't give people money, literally the opposite, they are consultants that get retained on a project and get money from devs based on hours spent.

That thread is pure distilled ignorance.

Cyberpunkd

No offence to Jade Raymond, she might be a genius for all I know, but isn’t she really known only for one game - the original assassin’s creed which is absolutely stone cold boring?
It's not that, but I question how much work she did. I dug a bit and she is listed on AC1 as a "Producer" and AC2 as "Executive Producer", hardly someone that you would bill as "co-creator of AC".

GymWolf

Gold Member
When did they refuse "DEI money"?
Like i said, i'm not sure, but didn't the game had a lot of fuss about them refusing to add some things to the game and that is when the media rampage started with ign etc.

Maybe i'm confusing it with stellar blade.

Edit: nope, they allegedly refused 7 millions from "consultants".

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's not that, but I question how much work she did. I dug a bit and she is listed on AC1 as a "Producer" and AC2 as "Executive Producer", hardly someone that you would bill as "co-creator of AC".
She was the face of the game, she probably didn't directly coded jack shit.

Cyberpunkd

She was the face of the game, she probably didn't directly coded jack shit.
That's ok, she doesn't need to code, I think Steve Jobs also never did any coding past some fooling around when he was a kid, Wozniak confirmed it as well.

However I don't think she really came up with the idea, either as a mechanic, a plot outline, etc. That's not what in my opinion a producer is for, it is someone that does project management, makes sure the milestones are hit, and the project is moving forward according to schedule.

GymWolf

Gold Member
That's ok, she doesn't need to code, I think Steve Jobs also never did any coding past some fooling around when he was a kid, Wozniak confirmed it as well.

However I don't think she really came up with the idea, either as a mechanic, a plot outline, etc. That's not what in my opinion a producer is for, it is someone that does project management, makes sure the milestones are hit, and the project is moving forward according to schedule.
I said code, but i really meant deciding important game design stuff, i doubt she was involved in how the game played, so yeah we think the same.

SweetTooth

Gold Member
This "insider" must have also prepared his next article when the games bombs " Sony was wrong about Faigame$, reconsidering their GAAS initiative"

Guy is talking out of his a$$ ..

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Maybe this one will last three weeks.

I'm as interested in this as I was in Concord. That is, not at all. And I haven't heard of anyone else who is either.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

I think her main skillsets are franchise creation (or at least trying to create franchises). Products intended to last multiple entries for over 10 years. And her second skill is studio creation. Securing funding, recruiting developers, etc.

She'd probably be a decent replacement for Herman honestly, despite her many failed games that didn't make it out of production.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I think her main skillsets are franchise creation (or at least trying to create franchises). Products intended to last multiple entries for over 10 years. And her second skill is studio creation. Securing funding, recruiting developers, etc.

She'd probably be a decent replacement for Herman honestly, despite her many failed games that didn't make it out of production.
If we get rid of a mediocre dude, we don't need a mediocre dudette as a replacement, she is definitely not ready to be playstation headchief.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If we get rid of a mediocre dude, we don't need a mediocre dudette as a replacement, she is definitely not ready to be playstation headchief.
Well I said decent. Clearly she has a mixed record, so I get that. She's not my 1st choice or anything, but as soon as she became a Sony employee I predicted she may get a promotion at some point.

Shubh_C63

You can bet their next reveal trailer will feature old school action and will try its best to not show the DEI infested decisions they may have made in production.

Cyborg

Lady Jade is underappreciated, gave us AC 1+2 and a lot more! She is talented, has a clear vision and I hope she succeeds.

Also some comments are so fcking disrespectful. How this is allowed is beyond me

CosmicComet

Fairgame$ at least had a cool trailer showing what gameplay could be like

Concord never had that. And Fairgame$ also has more of its own identity and niche

No reason to pull the plug. Support it and let the market decide. If it’s appealing it could be like Helldivers 2
Lmao you were the resident Concord defense guy that was coping non stop about it not being a flop before release, and it ended up being the worst flop of all time. Lawbreakers fucking lasted longer.

I see you've hitched your wagon to Fairgame$ now. Spoiler alert, its going to flop too. It looks just as shit as Concord.

Lmao you were the resident Concord defense guy that was coping non stop about it not being a flop before release, and it ended up being the worst flop of all time. Lawbreakers fucking lasted longer.

I see you've hitched your wagon to Fairgame$ now. Spoiler alert, its going to flop too. It looks just as shit as Concord.

Ah yess the old shit on every GaaS game without even giving it a fair shake

The lovely Miss Jade…..Sony are giving her the benefit of the doubt because why not with such a lovely lady. In all fairness I do remember when she was involved with the original Assassins Creed. She has been around a while and her resume is most likely why she is getting the benefit of the doubt as she should. Will have to wait and see how this game turns out in the end.
M6TsocX.jpeghttps:

Last edited:

Bashtee

I'm mildly interested in what they come up with because I love Payday 2 and pulling off a heist without sounding the alarm. Not sure about the PVP aspect, though. Competitive heist with larger parties? Hope they will have a PVE mode, too.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Ah yess the old shit on every GaaS game without even giving it a fair shake

I sat through a 10 minute CGI cutscene and then a guy said "Concord is a 5 v 5 competitive hero shooter" that's more than a fair shake, I gave them the patience of a God with that one.

At least they gave it the right name, being from the UK when I hear Concord I think overengineerd expensive disaster that no one asked for... the plane too.

I sat through a 10 minute CGI cutscene and then a guy said "Concord is a 5 v 5 competitive hero shooter" that's more than a fair shake, I gave them the patience of a God with that one.

At least they gave it the right name, being from the UK when I hear Concord I think overengineerd expensive disaster that no one asked for... the plane too.

That’s fine but I’m taking about fairgame$

Based on the initial reaction from the CGI trailer this game is fucking dead. They would need a dramatic shift in tone and art style with good gameplay to flip the negative response from the reveal.

For Hermen Hulst sake this game better not bomb or he's going to be out of a job. It doesn't matter how they feel internally about the game. They're not the ones who are gonna be buying it.

Top Bottom