• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

repeater

this also gave me a chance to get an ally a bit past A rank.
What are the benefits of increasing the attitude rank of the allies?
I really like how many cool little interlocking systems there are going on in this game, at first when I started playing the demo I was seriously underwhelmed because it seemed quite simplistic and shallow, but the more you play, the more you notice how much there is to do and how different customisation choices riff off of each other.. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What are the benefits of increasing the attitude rank of the allies?
I really like how many cool little interlocking systems there are going on in this game, at first when I started playing the demo I was seriously underwhelmed because it seemed quite simplistic and shallow, but the more you play, the more you notice how much there is to do and how different customisation choices riff off of each other.. :)

Higher stats and better spells of the ally.

Cha

To clear it up for everyone (stolen from GameFAQs):

Goes like this:
(Wearing whatever costume you want the extra colors for)

1) Sacrifice 100 boss enemies to unlock the black color
2) Save 100 boss enemies to unlock the white color
3) Save 100 boss enemies while wearing the black color OR sacrifice 100 boss enemies while wearing the white color to unlock the gold color

I must have the black with white decals!
Guess I better take advantage of the demo level cap and at least unlock the black costume (100 sacs and my level can still be 19/1) so I can save everything on my first playthrough of the full game.

Poor Jack-o-lantern is gonna be the victim of the majority of those sacrifices. I feel kinda bad for the dude (especially when he's whining near death).

To clear it up for everyone (stolen from GameFAQs):

Goes like this:
(Wearing whatever costume you want the extra colors for)

1) Sacrifice 100 boss enemies to unlock the black color
2) Save 100 boss enemies to unlock the white color
3) Save 100 boss enemies while wearing the black color OR sacrifice 100 boss enemies while wearing the white color to unlock the gold color

Gold costumes look shit. Could have at least had some other colour on besides all gold.

Well, it shipped, should be here tomorrow per amazon. Marks my first physical game purchase since p4g last fall. For any platform.

Can't wait. Got addicted to the demo over the weekend, and really starting to get decent at it.

Is there an easy way to farm the last prologue mission with a divine rank, and save the boss? Really wanting to farm up some stone edge axes for use against cerb, as there aren't too many other stone offerings in the demo.

Also how do you unlock additional special attacks (black rites?)? So far I only have one that halves your defense when you use it.

I think you unlock them at higher Divinity/Chaos levels in the full game. There's one that unlocks at 50/x... so I'm sure there's one that unlocks for x/50. Others may be part of the story or whatever, but there's only Infernus in the demo.

I'd be interested in joining a group then to finish Cerb at least once. I want to get the feeling of accomplishment of finishing the demo. I can take that tree thing with me that raises the attack power. I dont have a support build otherwise, anything else I should take with me for attack? Havent properly played him yet.

For Cerberus, without a doubt, you should have the following:
A shield.
Some sort of stone attack, I recommend the stone axe fragments you get from getting good ranks on Sortiara Ch. 6, the grave clod is too slow, especially for solo.
It helps to have some sort of golem with you to help deal out major damage.

In my Cerberus loadout, things I never drop are:
Thunder shield (block his charge for crumple, can block the spear in the ground lightning if used right.)
Stone axe (I get up close and personal and roll through attacks and use this as my melee, since he's weak to stone.)
Healing bloom (I need this in case he hits me, since I run the glass cannon build.)
Vimblossom fruit (I use this to get my stone axe to do even MORE damage than I already do.)
Treefiend Entrails (If you can back him against a wall or get it on knockdown, it hits for 300 per hit. If you can use the shield to crumple him in front of it and get extra hits, you can wreck him badly.)

The last slot I usually run with some sort of ice attack (root, usually) so I can freeze the orcs and hit them with the lightning shield for strategic attacks and I spam it on Cerberus when he's knocked down if I'm running low on other offerings and can't get a renew/sacrifice.

If you do use grave clod on Cerberus I'd say the best time would be the first few knockdowns. if you spam the the grave clod the cast time is noticeably reduced when used consecutively.

Grinchy

Banned
If you do use grave clod on Cerberus I'd say the best time would be the first few knockdowns. if you spam the the grave clod the cast time is noticeably reduced when used consecutively.

Yeah and you can aim it right on his ugly heads. I definitely spam my clod on the first couple knockdowns and just use my stone axe whenever I can after that.

Lagunamov

This suit is very...
BJBa-6FCQAQxSKj.jpg:large

Grinchy

Banned
This pic is kinda disappointing b/c it's the costume I've been wearing in the demo and the black version barely looks any different. I would never notice that difference if I were playing with someone online. Hopefully some of the ones in the full version look different in black.

I received both Tales of Graces and Anarchy Reigns a day early when pre-ordering. I went with them for this, as well. So, hopefully~!

I'm gonna try the online again a bit later, I think.

Getting this Thursday would kick ass. I've got a meal with my girlfriend on Friday so I can't touch this then. Saturday however. Going to a friends house for a BBQ (with 1 other person) and were playing this all day with our friend in Hong Kong.

This pic is kinda disappointing b/c it's the costume I've been wearing in the demo and the black version barely looks any different. I would never notice that difference if I were playing with someone online. Hopefully some of the ones in the full version look different in black.

Looks different enough to me. That's a poor picture anyway. Play with someone like Agent White who rocks it in the game so you can see it before you give up all hope... I didn't think it would look that much different, but that picture is dull and doesn't capture the vibrance or how well the red accents stand out against the black.

OmegaZero

Is there an easy way to farm the last prologue mission with a divine rank, and save the boss? Really wanting to farm up some stone edge axes for use against cerb, as there aren't too many other stone offerings in the demo.

Well, as a 19:1 Divine Arm user, I have a very simple strategy to get a Divine Sorcerer rank:
Use Sanguine Cannon.

Just stay near her, constantly firing it while rolling through all her attacks. She'll go down in about 30 seconds. Then save her, heal yourself afterward (since saving her takes away half your health, you don't want to waste healing offerings while she's down). Then you just repeat the process to sacrifice her (or use Infernus for more points).

With this strategy, I get times around a minute.

EDIT:
demo only has that one.

Oh mah gawd, I played with a random random yesterday that had your username. Used the noble garment and had a Magic-level-focused sorcerer.
That wasn't you, was it?

I know you from somewhere!

Sorry, super random :p

I will attempt to sacrifice you :p!

Oh mah gawd, I played with a random random yesterday that had your username. Used the noble garment and had a Magic-level-focused sorcerer.
That wasn't you, was it?

I'm 1/19 and my character has this username yep. did I do something wrong that round? Hope not.

What did we fight? If it was a cerb and I used stoneaxe, fist of fire and ice, golem and said healing now before casting area healing that was me for sure.

OmegaZero

I'm 1/19 and my character has this username yep. did I do something wrong that round? Hope not.

What did we fight? If it was a cerb and I used stoneaxe, fist of fire and ice, golem and said healing now before casting area healing that was me for sure.

I'm pretty sure I remember the username because it was the opposite: you (assuming it was you) were one of the better randoms I've had (best that day for sure).
I was the 19/1 in the white nobles outfit constantly using Sanguine cannon. Username was Omega.

IIRC, we fought Harpy and Cerberus. I want to say we also fought Jack O' Lantern but I played many rounds yesterday. :b

EDIT: Oh mah gawd my copies shipped!

Oh oh, you had the same name as you have here right?

Now I remember. If I remember well there was another divine arm user using the sanguine cannon and you both kept doing circles around the cerb (funnily that kept him still enough time for me to first his ass)

I think we only played cerberus. I don't remember doing any harpy rounds with you.

DSmalls84

Is there any reason to build a lopsided character to 19/1 or 1/19? Do you get access to anything extra with those stat distributions?

ZeroAKA

Is there any reason to build a lopsided character to 19/1 or 1/19? Do you get access to anything extra with those stat distributions?
At 90/10 and 10/90, your character gets Divine/Dark "costumes" that cannot be changed until you level down. At 99/1 and 1/99, your character a pure Divine/Dark costume. Beyond that, the only differences are the stat distributions.

He was wearing a black costume? I didn't notice, lol.
haha it's probably the only costume, and color I'll wear for as long as I play. at first I thought it wasn't different enough either, but it's pretty badass. besides I didn't like that colored faded/washed out look for the other colors.

OmegaZero

Oh oh, you had the same name as you have here right?

Now I remember. If I remember well there was another divine arm user using the sanguine cannon and you both kept doing circles around the cerb (funnily that kept him still enough time for me to first his ass)

I think we only played cerberus. I don't remember doing any harpy rounds with you.

Oh right, I remember that. Yeah, that running in circles strategy was hilarious.

Aside from the boosted attack/defense you get from having so many Magic/Life levels?
You get access to specific Divine/Demonic "forms" at level 90 and 99.

Also, while it's not in the demo, there are sigils that give you extra stat boosts if you have a Arm Level IV or above IIRC.

Oh right, I remember that. Yeah, that running in circles strategy was hilarious.

Aside from the boosted attack/defense you get from having so many Magic/Life levels?
You get access to specific Divine/Demonic "forms" at level 90 and 99.

Also, while it's not in the demo, there are sigils that give you extra stat boosts if you have a Arm Level IV or above IIRC.

The only reason to stay even is to meet level requirements for specific black rites. I will be getting my life level to 50 ASAP and then dropping that stat back down.

The only reason to stay even is to meet level requirements for specific black rites. I will be getting my life level to 50 ASAP and then dropping that stat back down.
I'm planning on doing the same. I don't want to miss out on any of the black rites. If I'm not mistaken they're adding more through dlc too.

OmegaZero

looking forward to playing with you on the retail version (which I assume I'll get tomorrow or wednesday)

Same here.
Shame the story mode missions aren't co-opable from what I've heard, but I'm assuming the Avalon pacts put you in similar situations.

EDIT for clarification:

That's what I'm planning too!
I'll be going for a balanced build at first to unlock all the Black Rites. Then I'll be aiming for a 99/1 build.

If the retail version has multiple save files, then I'll be creating a 1/99 build as well.

Number45

Ah OK, cool. Was thinking of having three characters, but I'm not sure I could do that.

Maybe they'll make it easy to level/delevel when you hit max.

persongr

A bit of a rant about the single player (SPOILERS):

So, the game finds it quite alright if the wizard (or Sortiara now that I think of it) gets sacrificed in a quest, but if I sacrifice Magusar i fail the quest and have to redo it in order to procceed with the story. Really now? This happened to me while fighting Elven Queen and Cyclops.

Top Bottom