• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Paskil

Mine shipped this morning at 03:05CST. Should be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow. Moving into a new apartment on Wednesday, but I also took off Thursday/Friday so I should have a decent chunk somewhere to sit down and sacrifice my soul to this game.

Rootbeer

Banned
shipping soon >.< yay!

This game is also the #1 best selling game on amazon right now in all categories, discounting those console credit game codes which always seem to be dominating the top 10.

Not bad for a Vita game that is also an all-new property

Velkyn

A bit of a rant about the single player (SPOILERS):

So, the game finds it quite alright if the wizard (or Sortiara now that I think of it) gets sacrificed in a quest, but if I sacrifice Magusar i fail the quest and have to redo it in order to procceed with the story. Really now? This happened to me while fighting Elven Queen and Cyclops.

I might be wrong, but...

Wouldn't that be a time paradox?

Type-Zero

Does anyone know if I buy the game from PSN as a digital download, if the preorder bonus will be available? I'm already past the point of no return since I won't be able to stop a by a store soon enough. But still would like to know since I did the same for Gravity Rush and still got the preorder bonus online.

Drame

Grrr, my physical copy's Network pass nor the free PS+ card works yet. Two more days!

Although, I just pre-loaded the pre-order freebies the Japanese voice-overs and other stuff from PSN. Those who have pre-ordered the digital version, from EU that is, check your download lists.

Does anyone know if I buy the game from PSN as a digital download, if the preorder bonus will be available? I'm already past the point of no return since I won't be able to stop a by a store soon enough. But still would like to know since I did the same for Gravity Rush and still got the preorder bonus online.
I'd pressume both territories of the PSN store will have the pre-order goodies with the digital download. Has there been official word by the NA store peeps that it wouldn't have the goodies?

OmegaZero

I might be wrong, but...

Well, it's not like you're actually going back in the past.
You're just re-experiencing recorded memories. So in theory, it would be possible but I guess the devs thought it would be out of place story-wise to be able to
sacrifice
him.

persongr

I might be wrong, but...

Well, it's not like you're actually going back in the past.
You're just re-experiencing recorded memories. So in theory, it would be possible but I guess the devs thought it would be out of place story-wise to be able to
sacrifice
him.

Yes it is, and I don't have a problem with it, my issue is that

if i sacrificed sortiara before her time i wouldn't be able to join Avalon, or if the wizard himself got sacrificed the book would not have been written. So, (time) paradox again. What I mean is that the game is rather picky when it comes to such stuff. The sacrifice option should be entirely greyed in the single player. Plus, Magusar is pretty much useless against he Elven Queen so a sacrifice validates his existence :p

My first post on the OT!. I have been playing the demo non-stop the last 3 days. I'll be definitely getting the game tomorrow. Currently my lvl distribution is 6/14. (Don't know if that a good distribution to beat Cerberus.)

I've been trying to beat cerberus online but still no luck. About 30 min ago we almost got it with a group pf people, but we got disconnected. It was really disappointing.

My online psn ID: Kanon88.

Feel free to add me. Looking forward to playing with gaffers.

Number45

Although, I just pre-loaded the pre-order freebies the Japanese voice-overs and other stuff from PSN. Those who have pre-ordered the digital version, from EU that is, check your download lists.
Mine doesn't actually allow me to download it - it just says that it's expected to start downloading on the 27th (I have an error each morning now saying it's failed to download). Hopefully it'll sort itself out by Friday, or at least be available for manual download.

OmegaZero

if i sacrificed sortiara before her time i wouldn't be able to join Avalon, or if the wizard himself got sacrificed the book would not have been written. So, (time) paradox again. What I mean is that the game is rather picky when it comes to such stuff. The sacrifice option should be entirely greyed in the single player. Plus, Magusar is pretty much useless against he Elven Queen so a sacrifice validates his existence :p

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll keep that in mind for sure.

Is the reason
he's useless due to his offering set or just his incompetence as an AI character
?

EDIT:
My first post on the OT!. I have been playing the demo non-stop the last 3 days. I'll be definitely getting the game tomorrow. Currently my lvl distribution is 6/14. (Don't know if that a good distribution to beat Cerberus.)

I've been trying to beat cerberus online but still no luck. About 30 min ago we almost got it with a group pf people, but we got disconnected. It was really disappointing.

My online psn ID is Kanon88. Feel free to add me. Looking forward to playing with gaffers.

If I can solo Cerberus with a 19/1 build, your distribution is more than enough (at least, much more effective then mine). Just gotta learn how to dodge his moves and then the fight will be cake.

Drame

No. Nothing from Sony on the NA release.
Geez, this close to launch and no official word yet.

Mine doesn't actually allow me to download it - it just says that it's expected to start downloading on the 27th (I have an error each morning now saying it's failed to download). Hopefully it'll sort itself out by Friday, or at least be available for manual download.
Yeah, my automatic downloads also failed. I decided to check the PSN few moments ago and they were available for manual download. Give it a another go.

persongr

Thanks for the heads up.
I'll keep that in mind for sure.

Is the reason
he's useless due to his offering set or just his incompetence as an AI character
?

I can't really answer to that, I found EQ to be a tricky boss because of
her aerial, sort of, stance, which rendered some of his attacks useless

Next boss fight is Cyclops, where
I sacrificed Magusar again (because I'm stupid) so I didn't get sacrificed to see how much damage he dealt to the boss (who didn't seem to be that hard)
. I'll replay the fight later tonight and update.

Velkyn

Fair enough.

Just from the demo, I find a lot of the AI companions rather useless. They're just sac bait for me, even though I'm going for 70/30 divine.

Filth

I shall be sacrificing dead island for this game tomorrow. Dead island keeps saying SAVE ME SAVE ME. But the sacrifice shall commence.

Only played the demo a bit and will get the game tomorrow. Should I play all the way through it? Will my progress carry or will I unlock anything?

Number45

Only played the demo a bit and will get the game tomorrow. Should I play all the way through it? Will my progress carry or will I unlock anything?
Progress carries over along with your items, and having a save present also unlocks an extra offering/raiment in the main game. Worth firing it up at least. :)

Lucent

Some are situational or you may need the correct team strategy, but they'll all useful in one way or another.

Spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nbDFc5jrX3E#t=292s

I skipped all his intro and the "sacrificing teamates is a forbidden spell", but started with Infernus aka Salamander from the demo.

Wow. Some of those are nuts. I already guessed that sacrificing your eyes would affect your vision but damn that creates huge blind spots.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Posting this on behalf of Vyse:

IMG_2945.jpg

He's banned but says y'all should add him on PSN: VyseTheLegend

Also notes there's an online pass but it isn't yet redeemable.

PaulLFC

Ken

I need to start farming for support items before release! I've just been running around as 19/1 doing Skillfull attacks which doesn't seem like the best way to maximize 19/1 lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alriiight, anyone who would be interested in downing Cerberus? It would be my first fight, so I might still be a bit noobish regarding the Cerb moves.

tpax

Banned
This game makes my decision between getting a 3DS XL or getting the Vita very difficult. I would even say it makes me tend more to Vita rather than to 3DS.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This game makes my decision between getting a 3DS XL or getting the Vita very difficult. I would even say it makes me tend to Vita rather than to 3DS.

Deservedly so. (Although Fire Emblem is crazy good as well)

jwk94

Got my PSN monies all ready for the Sacrificial goodness! Add me to the list

PSN ID: Jesszman

Oh and Toma, do you want to try Cerb around 10-11pm EST? I'd do it now, but I'm about to go do a final ><

Toma

Oh and Toma, do you want to try Cerb around 10-11pm EST? I'd do it now, but I'm about to go do a final ><

Considering its midnight here right now, me being up at 10pm EST isnt all too likely :p

wilflare

This game makes my decision between getting a 3DS XL or getting the Vita very difficult. I would even say it makes me tend more to Vita rather than to 3DS.

get a Vita and join the SS community for the coming weeks, you'll definitely have fun :D

all the best jwk! i'm having my first paper in 3hours hurrr

Ken

With some of us? Blink and you'd miss it.

Found a nice random group doing LE+ grinding last night when I couldn't get into the GAF room (and once in there, I liked it, so I wasn't leaving, sorry VanWinkle. :)).
One of the first rounds yielded this:

Do you have to do something special for + drops?

Oh yeah, my PSN is nya_08 if anyone wants to play.

Might see if I can get online with the demo until time runs out (it should stop once the full game is out IIRC).

As for getting the game other responsibilities won't allow it right now :(.

Top Bottom