• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Number45

JPN voice over pack ready and waiting for unlock.

Had a great party tonight, managed to get Cerberus down even with an early desertion (two well timed late sacrifices) and straight after in the next game the newcomer sacrificed me almost immediately. The game isn't all that fun sitting as a ghost for so long. :'(

I do indeed. How do we go about it? Havent done a gaf SS meeting yet.

well i could make a room or you could. we can do invite by online id or add eachother. if you make the the room lock it with a password so randoms don't join. i won't need the password as long as your inviting me. either is fine. just let me know.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
well i could make a room or you could. we can do invite by online id or add eachother. if you make the the room lock it with a password so randoms don't join. i won't need the password as long as your inviting me. either is fine. just let me know.

We wont have much chance with just 2 I guess? Should we wait for someone else here wanting to join in? Otherwise allowing randoms in makes more sense, doesnt it?

ZeroAKA

My internet doesn't seem to be working correctly right now, but I'll try getting on. Send me an invite. :)

We wont have much chance with just 2 I guess? Should we wait for someone else here wanting to join in? Otherwise allowing randoms in makes more sense, doesnt it?
Boss fights are scaled based on how many players are in the game.

Number45

My Vita is on the dock but I can jump back in for a match if you want me. I think I have both of you on my FL anyway (PSN is Number45).

the more people that play the tougher the mission would be. i'm not against having randoms, but the room might fill up before whoever is invited gets in.

i'm making the room and i'll invite zeroaka, and number45. i'll need your psn too for the invite toma.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
the more people that play the tougher the mission would be. i'm not against having randoms, but the room might fill up before whoever is invited gets in.

i'm making the room and i'll invite zeroaka, and number45. i'll need your psn too for the invite toma.

Quote the post.

Toma

Boss fights are scaled based on how many players are in the game.

It cant be scaled perfectly, so either 2 players or 4 players is surely easier, right?

Finally beat Cerberus. I've done three time in a row now. Felt accomplished to finally finish the Demo. Can't wait for tomorrow, I'll finally be able to grind for more levels! :)

Edit: Add to the list that my location is North America if you can.

The game is being shipped to me and should be here by tomorrow. SS GAF let me join in the fun. :)

User:Crimsonlink PSN:Crimsonlink310 Region: NA

A bit of a noob so feel free to sacrifice me if I'm dragging the games down. :p

It cant be scaled perfectly, so either 2 players or 4 players is surely easier, right?

From my experience so far, 4 player is always the way to go. Sacrificing teammates near the end of boss fight makes things so much easier.( "Pro" players usually ask to be sacrificed near the end)

The game is being shipped to me and should be here by tomorrow. SS GAF let me join in the fun. :)

User:Crimsonlink PSN:Crimsonlink310 Region: NA

A bit of a noob so feel free to sacrifice me if I'm dragging the games down. :p

Just added you (Kanon88). Feel free to send game requests.

Number45

You guys saw the best and worst of me in those two fights. One of those deaths was weird though, had the shield at the ready and he still took me in a single hit.

Note to self: clear your black rites!

Toma

Fun matches guys! Although I am surprised you didnt let me set up the attack bonus tree for everyone before starting the main fight :p

it's cool. we only did one more.

Which was the funniest though.

Even though I already have the Japanese Version of the game, I'm going to pick up a North American copy tomorrow to help support the game in the west. If anyone is interested in grouping up with me my PSN is LegacyBroken and my Region is NA.

Fun matches guys! Although I am surprised you didnt let me set up the attack bonus tree for everyone before starting the main fight :p
haha i wasn't sure who had it. since no one had planted it i figured zeroaka had it, but was gone. then i saw it in the middle of the battle field and started laughing.

was that your first time beating him? if so, you should have him as an ally now.

add me if you'd like.

Do we know if we get the pre order bonuses by buying the digital version on day 1? I really want the JP voice pack.

I've put way too much time on the demo already, I was pleasantly surprised at such a deep demo.

I already have sacrificed my wallet for the Vita, preordering the digital.

I'm not able to defeat cerberus (my allies are too dumb, and playing alone I'm not able to avoid all the attacks), but I checked a couple of japanese wikis and I saw that there are TONS of levels that are easier than Cerberus.

List of levels, difficulty and rewards, in perfect japanese

So, level and spell progression cap removed in full version, and with more levels to get more spells and even other allies more suited for Cerberus, he will fall.

Now I have to wait until 1th May at 7:00 AM (GMT +1) to play. I'm gathering more spells, to be able to upgrade them in the full game.

I already have sacrificed my wallet for the Vita, preordering the digital.

I'm not able to defeat cerberus (my allies are too dumb, and playing alone I'm not able to avoid all the attacks), but I checked a couple of japanese wikis and I saw that there are TONS of levels that are easier than Cerberus.

List of levels, difficulty and rewards, in perfect japanese

So, level and spell progression cap removed in full version, and with more levels to get more spells and even other allies more suited for Cerberus, he will fall.

Now I have to wait until 1th May at 7:00 AM (GMT +1) to play. I'm gathering more spells, to be able to upgrade them in the full game.

I tried defeating him in single player but it seemed impossible. Online I've finished the quest 3 times. All 4 of us were at the cap level of 20, and still it took 15 to 20 mins. Shortest time was 13 min. It is a LONG fight.

Toma

haha i wasn't sure who had it. since no one had planted it i figured zeroaka had it, but was gone. then i saw it in the middle of the battle field and started laughing.

was that your first time beating him? if so, you should have him as an ally now.

add me if you'd like.

I was always trying to put it behind that huge plant thing that someone else was summoning. Sort of seemed save to get there, but its obviously unshielded at one point :p

Toma

I tried defeating him in single player but it seemed impossible. Online I've finished the quest 3 times. All 4 of us were at the cap level of 20, and still it took 15 to 20 mins. Shortest time was 13 min. It is a LONG fight.

We just did it in 8 minutes earlier with 4 people and I am sure with a better equip of me you'd be able to get it down to 6.

The_Monk

Can any kind fellow GAFfer give me a bit of help and a good piece of Info regarding the Difficulty in the game please?

I really want a good experience but stress-free is the best option for me. I'm not looking for a challenge, it there would be an Easy Mode I would be there, no problem, I just played the demo and saw that the Difficulty may spike however I've not been following the game closely.

Thanks in advance.

Toma

Can any kind fellow GAFfer give me a bit of help and a good piece of Info regarding the Difficulty in the game please?

I really want a good experience but stress-free is the best option for me. I'm not looking for a challenge, it there would be an Easy Mode I would be there, no problem, I just played the demo and saw that the Difficulty may spike however I've not been following the game closely.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, the game is certainly not stress-free. I can imagine that you can grind out a lot, but you will get a lot of difficulty spikes in this game, and I'd be disappointed if that werent the case tbh.

The_Monk

Nope, the game is certainly not stress-free. I can imagine that you can grind out a lot, but you will get a lot of difficulty spikes in this game, and I'd be disappointed if that werent the case tbh.

I see, thanks a lot for answering. If that's case I may get it later on, after a price drop or something since right now I'm more into something a little more... Zen. Even if I grind a lot the difficulty would might still be there since that's probably the way it's meant to be played, I guess?

Either way I love the music in the menu before the quests! I really do hope this game sells well and GAFfers can enjoy it.

Lucent

Same. I don't want it to be easy. I need a challenge. That's part of the fun in games like this. Cerberus was like "whoa, I'll never beat this guy" at first. But then I got the spells and tactics needed to beat him and now I'm confident in facing him every time.

Same. I don't want it to be easy. I need a challenge. That's part of the fun in games like this. Cerberus was like "whoa, I'll never beat this guy" at first. But then I got the spells and tactics needed to beat him and now I'm confident in facing him every time.

Indeed, to the point I think he's basically fodder.

But I still have some stuff to test on him by limiting myself (like no rites, sacrifice, etc)

Toma

Indeed, to the point I think he's basically fodder.

But I still have some stuff to test on him by limiting myself (like no rites, sacrifice, etc)

Do the cost to undo rites go up or can I use it every fight for 50 Lacrima? Dont think I have used a rite yet.

Even though I was a week late to download the demo, I've already played it for 17 hours. I am scared to see how many hours I will put into the full game since I don't intend to buy any other games until The Last of Us.

Feel free to add me on PSN: Easystride

I don't have any Vita owners on my friend's list, so any would be welcome.

ZeroAKA

Do the cost to undo rites go up or can I use it every fight for 50 Lacrima? Dont think I have used a rite yet.
Black Rite cost goes up every fight and caps at 100 Lacrima. I've heard that Lacrima isn't a problem in the full game though.

Toma

I doubt it. I use a black rite every chance I get to get matyr awards and repair it with 50. It doesn't penalize you beyond that.

Wut? D=

Black rites give martyr rewards too? Not only sacrificing?

Black Rite cost goes up every fight and caps at 100 Lacrima. I've heard that Lacrima isn't a problem in the full game though.

Ah. I'd start using it in the full version then I guess.

FYI - if you see a chaos warrior named Ron Burgundy running around, then know it's a fellow GAFfer.

The amount of "lols" I get when I enter a room is almost comical at this point, haha.

I doubt it. I use a black rite every chance I get to get matyr awards and repair it with 50. It doesn't penalize you beyond that.

Wut? D=

I thought I remembered seeing the number lower before and then it increased everytime you repaired but maybe I was imagining it.

so i'm not crazy then (at least in regards to info about this game)?

Number45

that was quite the range of battles we had. first was how it's done, second was okay, and the the third was lol.
Yup. It's easy to get overconfident on that fight and come unstuck - didn't help in the second that I forgot to undo my black rites.

A colleague and I have been working on Cerberus ad-hoc at lunch, and as soon as someone drops you end up in a vicious circle because it's impossible to keep him from you for a long enough period of time.

I thought I remembered seeing the number lower before and then it increased everytime you repaired but maybe I was imagining it.
I think it starts lower and works up to 50, but once it's there it stays there.

Top Bottom