• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yup. It's easy to get overconfident on that fight and come unstuck - didn't help in the second that I forgot to undo my black rites.

A colleague and I have been working on Cerberus ad-hoc at lunch, and as soon as someone drops you end up in a vicious circle because it's impossible to keep him from you for a long enough period of time.

I think it starts lower and works up to 50, but once it's there it stays there.

You can "undo" a black rite in a round? Can you use Lacrima for that within a match?

Number45

Not within the match itself no, but you can do it from the lobby between rounds assuming you have the Lacrima for it. In the full game (assuming it's the same for the western release) you can actually collect Lacrima from the lobby as well, which should make things easier.

Ah, he meant he forgot to undo it before the round.
Yeah, activated in the first fight and forgot to get rid between.

Lucent

Not within the match itself no, but you can do it from the lobby between rounds assuming you have the Lacrima for it. In the full game (assuming it's the same for the western release) you can actually collect Lacrima from the lobby as well, which should make things easier.

Yeah, activated in the first fight and forgot to get rid between.

Yeah I can't wait to be able to collect lacrima without having to back out. Makes doing more than two quests at a time online annoying.

Yup. It's easy to get overconfident on that fight and come unstuck - didn't help in the second that I forgot to undo my black rites.

A colleague and I have been working on Cerberus ad-hoc at lunch, and as soon as someone drops you end up in a vicious circle because it's impossible to keep him from you for a long enough period of time.

I think it starts lower and works up to 50, but once it's there it stays there.

Yea this could have been it.

Wish I could start from the beginning again to see but i have to keep that save :p

You can "undo" a black rite in a round? Can you use Lacrima for that within a match?

Nope only between quests aka downtime hell you get extra Lacrima that way was well (though apparently getting extra that way was fixed with an update).

I tried defeating him in single player but it seemed impossible. Online I've finished the quest 3 times. All 4 of us were at the cap level of 20, and still it took 15 to 20 mins. Shortest time was 13 min. It is a LONG fight.

Still, is a 5 stars match, and in the full game is in chapter 5 (of 10) of the main story, so is not supposed to be fought at level 20 and with tier 1 objects (seems more suited for a level 40 with tier 2)

I assume that is a "impossible challenge" added in the demo to give an incentive to the people to keep playing and mastering the game after they hit the level cap, but the progression on the game will be much more paced.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Still, is a 5 stars match, and in the full game is in chapter 5 (of 10) of the main story, so is not supposed to be fought at level 20 and with tier 1 objects (seems more suited for a level 40 with tier 2)

I assume that is a "impossible challenge" added in the demo to give an incentive to the people to keep playing and mastering the game after they hit the level cap, but the progression on the game will be much more paced.

Its certainly not impossible. Its actually rather easy if you got a few people around you that know what they are doing.

For those transferring their saves from the demo to the full game, remember to fuse all of the spells you have because you can only have 10 of every spell in the full game.

Toma

For those transferring their saves from the demo to the full game, remember to fuse all of the spells you have because you can only have 10 of every spell in the full game.

Weird limitation, but thanks.

Its certainly not impossible. Its actually rather easy if you got a few people around you that know what they are doing.

Cerb is even incredibly easy solo if you just use a shield to knock him down when he charges. Just knock him down in front of a golem cast and rinse / repeat until he dies. He never takes more than like 6ish minutes to kill for me.

Toma

Cerb is even incredibly easy solo if you just use a shield to knock him down when he charges. Just knock him down in front of a golem cast and rinse / repeat until he dies. He never takes more than like 6ish minutes to kill for me.

Need to get a golem for that first though -_-

And I dont have a stone shield either.

Yeah, the stone golem wasn't that hard to get, you get a garuntee'd time sand from divine ranking cerb and the eggs drop really frequently off harpy.

Should have started with a ice shield as far as i know which works fine, you just let him run into you with it out and he bounces off and gets stunned and you can bring out a different spell to attack him.

Rasec

Yeyy, i know that cereberus is easy for a bunch of gamers here but i finally beat him for the very first time. I had a good balanced team on online and it was my black rite that killed him *_*.

Since i don't have stone weapons i used my ice shield to stop him and them cast my venom golem on him and try to not make him move from there with the shield.
Risky but it worked.

Now since i have a lot of work for university it's time for me to rest until game comes out may 1st.

The golem is the only thing I would qualify in Dave's response as being legit (everything else, not really since starred stuff only increases amount of casts in the demo), where you need to play a decent amount to get the items needed. Everything else is just watching what he does and counteracting it (plus not getting hit :p).

Any shield works for the "placing him on his ass" strategy so go with what you have until then.

Weird limitation, but thanks.

Makes sense to stop early grinding at that point in the game.

sensui-tomo

getting this first thing tomorrow, looking forward to playing this with ya Gaf. just hope gamestop has it tomorrow morning.

PSN: SensuiTomo (NA)

Is the limitation on a spell by spell basis, or do you only get 10 total of each star rank? Keep seeing people explain it on both sides so would be nice to know how to prepare exactly for tomorrow.

ZeroAKA

Would anyone running a full Life build (19/1) care to share their best times and set-up for soloing Cerberus? It takes me almost 10 minutes to do so. :/

So my digital pre-order activated, I started a New Game, imported my demo save and deleted the demo (combined, they sure took up a hell of a lot of space). Only issue is that my "Soul Sacrafice Pre Order Entitlement can't be downloaded to my Vita. It's being recognised as a PS3 item and when I download it to my PS3, it tries to install itself on the PS3. SCEE can't do anything without at least fucking one thing up.

ZeroAKA

So my digital pre-order activated, I started a New Game, imported my demo save and deleted the demo (combined, they sure took up a hell of a lot of space). Only issue is that my "Soul Sacrafice Pre Order Entitlement can't be downloaded to my Vita. It's being recognised as a PS3 item and when I download it to my PS3, it tries to install itself on the PS3. SCEE can't do anything without at least fucking one thing up.
EU pre-orders can be activated already? Words cannot express how much I love SCEA. >.>

Any idea when this game will be on the North American PSN store ? Wanna buy the digital copy and download it before work tomorrow morning.

EU pre-orders can be activated already? Words cannot express how much I love SCEA. >.>

Depends on the country. I live in NZ and our release date was the 30th, so it activated at 7AM this morning (it's 1:20PM now). I think Europe has to wait until the 1st, so they still have another day and a half to go.

Machiavellian

Neo Member
Is there a way to delete offerings from the satchel? I broke an offering but I don't want to waste the lacrima to restore it since I have so many duplicates of it.

Top Bottom