• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ZeroAKA

There are now 120 PSN IDs on the GAF's Sorcerers list in the OP! I didn't expect this game to be so popular, but I'm looking forward to sacrificing playing with all of you online.

Bring on the store update.

Grinchy

Banned
There are now 120 PSN IDs on the Soul Sacrifice list in the OP! I didn't expect this game to be so popular, but I'm looking forward to sacrificing playing with all of you online.

Bring on the store update.

With 120 guaranteed sales, this will surely be Vita's best selling game.

lol

Iacobellis

Are there any prerequisites for transferring my save to the full game tomorrow? I want to make sure I get all the bonuses available.

So how do you know which ones to save? Any major looking creatures? Like the jack-o-latern guy, should you be saving him or is it only bigger bad guys? Can you go back and save them after killing them since you can replay missions?

May16

So how do you know which ones to save?
I'm not sure what this means. Do you mean like there's a "right" and "wrong" answer to each? Not from what I can tell. It's all choice. You choose which ones to save and which ones to sacrifice, the same way I choose who I'm going to spare and kill in real life.

Can you go back and save them after killing them since you can replay missions?
Yes, and you can choose which outcome you'd like the book to officially record, for the sake of the story, while everything that happened *to you* in both battles still happened (spoils, scores, etc).

Because it's $40 I shouldn't be spending and was planning on getting monster hunter if anything instead.
Get both? Soul Sacrifice and Monster Hunter are pretty different.

ZeroAKA

So how do you know which ones to save? Any major looking creatures? Like the jack-o-latern guy, should you be saving him or is it only bigger bad guys? Can you go back and save them after killing them since you can replay missions?
Every boss character that has a human form should be saved if you want to unlock the character as an AI partner. Saving and sacrificing certain bosses will lead to more missions, depending on your decision. You can replay missions to "rewrite" the book and unlock the alternate path.

Lucent

I'm not sure what this means. Do you mean like there's a "right" and "wrong" answer to each? Not from what I can tell. It's all choice. You choose which ones to save and which ones to sacrifice, the same way I choose who I'm going to spare and kill in real life.

-steps away-

There is so much going on this game that it's kind of intimidating. I dont know what the fuck I'm doing half of the time.

Hope this is helpful to you.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/668738-soul-sacrifice/66073308

About the element chain, stunning, critical / skillful attacks
REMEMBER THE ELEMENTAL CHAIN OF COMMAND!
Fire > Ice > Lightning > Stone > Poison > Fire,etc

Attacking an enemy multiple times with an element will eventually stun them. If you hit them with the next element in the chain, this will cause a critical hit and stun them for even longer. (example: icetree root until frozen hell, spear fragment for critical / skillful hit)

Remember the +20% damage to poison criticals? This should apply to an enemy currently stunned from poison, then hitting them with fire. The fire attack should get bonus damage.

Don't break the stun right away, you can get in plenty of attacks. Example while fighting Harpy:
Firetree Root Tri x3 (stun), Sanguine Cannon x4, Icetree Root Tri (breaks in to another stun), Blood golem, Icetree Root Tri x4 (frozen hell stun), Sanguine Cannon x4, Sparktree Root Tri (breaks in to a 3rd stun) etcetcetc

The Root Tri offerings appear to be the best offering for status effects (fireroot tree tri, iceroot tree tri, sparkroot tree tri, etcetcetc) One could assume it's because it fires 3 projectiles at fairly high damage

Charging up the Root attacks also appears to increase the build up of a status effect. (example: taking 1 charged and 2 non charged roots to stun, rather than 4 non charged root attacks to stun) This becomes more useful when you only have 1 or 2 stars on an offering and you can't cast it enough for a status effect without it breaking.

Shields:
Shields will break easier if they are the weakness element to what you are blocking. example: using ice shield vs cerberus (lightning)

Although shields have no "damage" they can counter attack for very high damage. This is something I don't see anyone else doing. example: wait for a goblin to start swinging then hit O to attack. This will cause a counter attack that will send them flying and kill them. We could assume that this would have an effect on bosses as well, like higher damage or possibly longer stun times (have not tried yet.) Next time you're fighting Cerb and you have a shield up, try to counter him right before he hits the shield! You might be surprised.

Yes, and you can choose which outcome you'd like the book to officially record, for the sake of the story, while everything that happened *to you* in both battles still happened (spoils, scores, etc).

Get both? Soul Sacrifice and Monster Hunter are pretty different.

I'm just going by the OP saying you should save the bigger guys since you unlock them as partners. I literally know nothing about this game except watching like 2 trailers and downloading the demo an hour ago. I've heard it mentioned but never followed it, someone suggested it when I said I need new games to play on my vita.

Get MonHun too, but both are great.

I'm not gonna get sacrificed

If I had $80 to blow on it I would but as it is I should probably be saving my money instead of spending $40 on this. I sort of want the Japanese voices and I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy it later so I preordered for now. Wish I knew if they could be bought on PSN or not. Costumes and such I don't really care about.

Every boss character that has a human form should be saved if you want to unlock the character as an AI partner. Saving and sacrificing certain bosses will lead to more missions, depending on your decision. You can replay missions to "rewrite" the book and unlock the alternate path.

So it really doesn't matter which you choose then? Like if I save him and then go back and kill him, will I still have him unlocked as a partner? Or do I lose him until I go back and save him again?

ZeroAKA

So it really doesn't matter which you choose then? Like if I save him and then go back and kill him, will I still have him unlocked as a partner? Or do I lose him until I go back and save him again?
You'll lose him if you sacrifice him, but you can add him to your party if you save him again. His affinity will stay the same.

matmanx1

There is so much going on this game that it's kind of intimidating. I dont know what the fuck I'm doing half of the time.

Keep playing. Watch what other players are doing to be successful and watch the enemies to learn their attacks and movements. At the very least, being able to move effectively and not take damage while throwing out the occasional attack or heal will ensure that you aren't wasted space or hurting your team.

The game actually reminds me of small scale MMO raids sometimes, especially with the Archfiends. You learn what works and doesn't work through trial and error and having other folks tell you and then you put it into practice with (hopefully) a good group of players and watch a previously insurmountable boss fall at your feet. And it feels good.

I was just in an online group where it was a 3 man team vs Cerb. The host dropped out 2 minutes into the fight leaving me and one other person who was luckily stacked with golem power and had a pretty beefy divine build going. I didn't think we could pull it off with just the 2 of us but we ended up only having one death apiece and took the Cerb down in 14 minutes while breaking all of the cursed parts. It was intense and awesome and a good reason why I've got over 10 hours in just the demo!

kewlmyc

Apparently I bought this for $30 half a year ago on Newegg. I'd forgotten about it until I got the email today saying that it shipped. I guess you can add me to the list too now.

PSN ID: Kewlmyc (NA)

Apparently I bought this for $30 a half a year ago on Newegg. I'd forgotten about it until I got the email today that it shipped. I guess you can add me to the list too now.

PSN ID: Kewlmyc (NA)

Does Newegg have the preorder stuff? They always seem to be missing that which is why I stopped doing the preorders for things like that.

OmegaZero

Why does all of the randoms I play with not use counter attacks? >:/
I kill an orc with one counter and look back to see everyone else just spamming offerings on the second one till it dies. So maddening.

Don't mind me, just venting.

Oyashiro

Keep playing. Watch what other players are doing to be successful and watch the enemies to learn their attacks and movements. At the very least, being able to move effectively and not take damage while throwing out the occasional attack or heal will ensure that you aren't wasted space or hurting your team.

The game actually reminds me of small scale MMO raids sometimes, especially with the Archfiends. You learn what works and doesn't work through trial and error and having other folks tell you and then you put it into practice with (hopefully) a good group of players and watch a previously insurmountable boss fall at your feet. And it feels good.

I was just in an online group where it was a 3 man team vs Cerb. The host dropped out 2 minutes into the fight leaving me and one other person who was luckily stacked with golem power and had a pretty beefy divine build going. I didn't think we could pull it off with just the 2 of us but we ended up only having one death apiece and took the Cerb down in 14 minutes while breaking all of the cursed parts. It was intense and awesome and a good reason why I've got over 10 hours in just the demo!

I actually haven't played onllne yet at all because I'm afraid to screw up other people's games, haha.

ZeroAKA

Why does all of the randoms I play with not use counter attacks? >:/
I kill an orc with one counter and look back to see everyone else just spamming offerings on the second one till it dies. So maddening.

Don't mind me, just venting.
I don't have the patience to wait for an opening. :(

I'm pretty much the same. At least with Cerb, I summon a golem and counter the Orcs with my shield if they get close enough, then sacrifice them to get my golem casts back.

I don't mess with those annoying cats and rats, I just spam Sanguine Cannon on Cerb until both heads pop off. Infernal Rite + Venom Golem Blood in a corner until dead.

Slathe

Has there been any info on how you transfer your save from demo to real game?

I'm mainly concerned because I Don't have enough space to download both games onto my Vita at once (using a 4GB card) and want to figure out how to best negotiate the transfer. I'll take any tips from vita pros - I'm kind of new to the system....

I finally had a look at the demo and couldn't stop until 4 hours later.
Definitely getting this on PSN tomorrow.

PSN: the_korben_CAN (NA)

Ken

NA online codes redeemable yet?

Has there been any info on how you transfer your save from demo to real game?

I'm mainly concerned because I Don't have enough space to download both games onto my Vita at once (using a 4GB card) and want to figure out how to best negotiate the transfer. I'll take any tips from vita pros - I'm kind of new to the system....

You start the retail game and hit new game. It will then say it found demo data and ask if you want to continue using it.

ZodR_ARG

Neo Member
can someone post links of people using "offensive" holy arms?
i want to go to the light side but i don't the missions to take forever D:

I was fully set on getting this, but I think I’ve changed my mind. The presentation and music are amazing, but the more I play the demo the more I realize I don’t think it’s for me.

ZeroAKA, sorry, I forgot to add my region (NA) to my post. Could you update it?

I have finally got to the point where I can solo Cerberus faster than I can kill him in a group online:

Ykjz8GA.jpg

TentPole

I meant to get to the demo but Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter obsessions had me waiting for the retail game before getting started since I don't like to waist time on demos for games I know I am going to get. Just found out the demo save carries over to the main game so I am downloading that sucker now and my copy from Amazon should show up tomorrow morning.

PSN:CdotRUN
Region (NA)

Do you have to do something special for + drops?

Oh yeah, my PSN is nya_08 if anyone wants to play.

Get reaaaaaal fuckin' lucky.
I got a Cerberus LE++ before I got a Cerberus LE+.

Oh no, there are missions that only open upon your choice? That's going to be annoying. :(

--

Still no word/confirmation on the digital copy having the preorder stuff? >_<

With the missions only opening up based on choices you make, I wonder what will happen if you replay the missions that branch off and do the opposite? So if you sacrifice a boss in one mission and a certain branch of new missions opens up, what happens if you go back and replay that same mission but save the boss? Do the old missions that were open now close up and the new quest line opens up? What happens if you play the original string of missions to wherever they lead to and *then* replay the key mission to open up the other quest line?

Top Bottom