• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Wait you get spells back from sacrificing trash enemies? and how do you counter?

If you sacrifice a trash monster then you get a percentage of your offerings (spells) back. Saving a trash monster gives you health back but generally that's considered rude, inefficient, and wasteful (if playing multiplayer) as you *should* be healing with heal spells.

Its considered a "counter" if you attack before the monster completes its attack. For example -when the rat monsters (goblins) start their long claw swinging animation - just hit the rat before it completes its attack and you will usually kill it and it is a "counter". If you hit a monster with the right element too then you get special element bonus points as well (I can't remember the name for doing that though).

my final demo game was against cerberus. got him down in 2:20 solo.

just doing some final fusing and combining, and i'm done.

80 hrs. in i think i'm ready for the full game.

If you sacrifice a trash monster then you get a percentage of your offerings (spells) back. Saving a trash monster gives you health back but generally that's considered rude, inefficient, and wasteful (if playing multiplayer) as you *should* be healing with heal spells.

Its considered a "counter" if you attack before the monster completes its attack. For example -when the rat monsters (goblins) start their long claw swinging animation - just hit the rat before it completes its attack and you will usually kill it and it is a "counter". If you hit a monster with the right element too then you get special element bonus points as well (I can't remember the name for doing that though).
'
Vulnerability +40.

Excellent. Digital purchase confirmed.
Shame they didn't put it, y'know, out on the PS Blog, where someone who doesn't use twitter might see it? :lol

I have 4 sets of 3 star Cerberus items. I'm going the projectile route though. It seems to be the most powerful late game from the videos I'm seeing.

I have 4 sets of 3 star ice and lightning projectile. I stopped because I think future missions will drop it instead of having me craft it.

OmegaZero

I don't have the patience to wait for an opening. :(

I guess one's Life/Magic level might have to do with it.
For me, it's faster and safer to get close to the monster and force it to attack then to constantly use offerings on it until it dies.

I imagine 1/19 sorcerers have a different experience.

Jonnyram

With the missions only opening up based on choices you make, I wonder what will happen if you replay the missions that branch off and do the opposite? So if you sacrifice a boss in one mission and a certain branch of new missions opens up, what happens if you go back and replay that same mission but save the boss? Do the old missions that were open now close up and the new quest line opens up? What happens if you play the original string of missions to wherever they lead to and *then* replay the key mission to open up the other quest line?
They are blacked out. You can't have all missions available to play at once — they are only available based on the latest branch you took.

The reviews are pretty much exactly what I was expecting after playing the demo the other day. A good game....but nothing special.

Glad I didn’t pre-order it today. I’d rather focus on Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen and the other games in my backlog at the moment.

tm24

I like Sterling's review the best.

But yeah, the reviews punish the grinding and repetitiveness. Things we're totally ok with

Also, half the thread has more play time than the IGN reviewer

Ken

Just got an update for the game for minor stability stuff or whatever. Does that mean the game is up on NA?

E:Ok online pass redeemed.

E: there is no one online? Can't find any rooms.

froliq

froliq - rurunu (EU)

Was busy with Fire Emblem these days, almost forgot about this game. Downloading my pre order now on the Vita.

Will the Asia version be able to play with EU/US version?

My friend got his copy today but couldn't transfer his save (US account) and we also don't know if we can even play.

ijed

Will the Asia version be able to play with EU/US version?

My friend got his copy today but couldn't transfer his save (US account) and we also don't know if we can even play.

whatever region you bought it from you will need to have a psn account for that region to redeem the online pass code.

Cha

80 hrs. in i think i'm ready for the full game.

I came here to boast about my 50 hrs.
You are on another level, man.

I've never had so much fun with a demo. Look forward to seeing you guys online tomorrow (Or maybe I'll finish the offline storys first).

Number45

Had all sorts of problems dodging the red lightning attack this morning for some reason. Changed out my Soldier's Ember for Stormbird Pinion just becasue it's a guaranteed dodge f that attack - but feel like I'm losing a decent attacking tool if I do that. :/

How do I get jack o lantern SE+?
Farm him. They're a random drop on a kill as far as I know, I don't know if you have an improved drop chance if you score highly though. :(

I don't have the patience to wait for an opening. :(

I'm pretty much the same. At least with Cerb, I summon a golem and counter the Orcs with my shield if they get close enough, then sacrifice them to get my golem casts back.
I stand there waiting for the opportunity and then usually get knocked over while people spam attacks at him. >_<

Top Bottom