• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Shoyz

Fought
Magusar
immediately.

Wonder what he meant by 'friend'. Is it us? Or rather, do we look like the person from the story because we erased what they looked like and filled ourselves in, replacing his memory? Is it the book itself? Did we sacrifice the book? :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I don't have a Vita... lol

Yeah, that was a great suggestion, lol. What are your fears/consideration exactly? What do you WANT to play? Maybe we can clarify whether you will find that here or not.

Grinchy

Banned
How strange, but mine is downloading quickly after manually putting it in sleep mode. So not everyone is effected by that bug.

The store did lock up on me though after trying to download the japanese vo pack right after starting the download on the full game.

After the 4th time it paused my download, I just put it into standby by hitting the button. Now it's not pausing it anymore.

I always get nice, fast speeds on downloads from the Vita though.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't have a Vita... lol

If you're familiar with Monster Hunter, it would be like a MH game where you don't run around the environment picking things up, mining cracks, farming items, ect. You don't have cats who cook for you. You don't have a farm you should go to after every single mission.

It's just right into the action, fighting the boss. It's a very streamlined experience, which some people love (like me) and some people might find less rewarding than MH. I really like MH but I have to admit that it's nice being able to just focus on the gameplay and not the tedium that surrounds it.

DigitalOp

Banned
Im so jelly of yall...

Damn....

I just had to get the Pre-Order shit with my physical copy... Ugh

Or else I'd be taking my ass to Best Buy tonight and picking up a copy to take home...

This wait is gonna friggin suck... damnnn

If you're familiar with Monster Hunter, it would be like a MH game where you don't run around the environment picking things up, mining cracks, farming items, ect. You don't have cats who cook for you. You don't have a farm you should go to after every single mission.

It's just right into the action, fighting the boss. It's a very streamlined experience, which some people love (like me) and some people might find less rewarding than MH. I really like MH but I have to admit that it's nice being able to just focus on the gameplay and not the tedium that surrounds it.

Yeah, that was a great suggestion, lol. What are your fears/consideration exactly? What do you WANT to play? Maybe we can clarify whether you will find that here or not.

I love hack and slash. I never got into Monster Hunter due to those very things of creating, cooking, etc. I like fast action, levelingly up. The game looks like a visual winner for sure. Does it run smoothy? I would look videos up at work but network is bonkers at the moment.

Shoyz

Im so jelly of yall...
Damn....
I just had to get the Pre-Order shit with my physical copy... Ugh
Or else I'd be taking my ass to Best Buy tonight and picking up a copy to take home...
This wait is gonna friggin suck... damnnn

Next time, if nothing else, make a new amazon account and use a prime trial. Free release day shipping.

..but you'd still need to wait until 5PM to get it ;)

darkwing

I love hack and slash. I never got into Monster Hunter due to those very things of creating, cooking, etc. I like fast action, levelingly up. The game looks like a visual winner for sure. Does it run smoothy? I would look videos up at work but network is bonkers at the moment.

yes, it runs smoothly for me

Grinchy

Banned

I'd hate to steer you the wrong way, but it does sound like you might like this game. It has fast action and the grinding you do is to level up your spells, or to level up your arm's abilities and get new ones.

The online takes a very, very slight hit in framerate, but there is no discernible lag whatsoever. The rest of the game appears to be at a locked framerate. I played adhoc with my brother and when you play adhoc, there is no multiplayer framerate hit.

Game is super smooth and looks/sounds great.

I'm not a Monster Hunter player, just could not get into it. SS doesn't feel like Monster Hunter to me. It's definitely more face paced and can get intense. I'm not one for stat tracking and managing little details of every aspect of my character, but for some reason, it doesn't feel like I'm doing it with SS. Yes you manage leveling of your offerings as well as the Sigil's, but it's somewhat straightforward once you figure out what's going on.

No need to ask or wonder - download demo and check for yourself ;)

Azull

Well I haven't got the email from sony and futureshop screwed me over for the pre-order bonus =\. Thankfully I emailed sony and they said they would look into it so I hope for the best.

Are the Japanese voices worth the 500 mb download or whatever it is? About to go pick up my copy from gamestop.

Edit: How does one get this falcon mail?

So I ended up
saving too many monsters and got an assassin sent from Avalon to kill me. Once I beat him I sacrificed him and a new mission came up, with the monster being the assassin I sacrificed and is actually given a full backstory up to the part where I killed him

That is actually really cool.

Grinchy

Banned
Oh wow. Sigils for boosting stone/heat magic right off the bat? I might have to do some Cerberus whoop ass before going further ;)

Shoyz

Online Pass is definitely free with PSN versions. It's only sold for people who buy the retail game used.

While I wasn't warming up to the reversible color, I'm using it. Just because the Online Pass inside uses the same artwork, for variety :)..I'm never going to be able to center it correctly..

Shinypogs

*Stares at download list* 30 mins to download a language pack? I can't tell if psn is being silly or if my vita has lost it's damn mind.

Shinypogs

I don't think the demo took 30 mins to download lol. Ahh well it just gives me more time get everything else I need to do tonight done first.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
2x Jack-o-Lanterns is fun as hell!

From GameStop and Amazon, yeah.

And from PSN? Do I need to dl the language pack to get any other preorder bonusses? And can we delete the language pack again?

Shoyz

I don't think the demo took 30 mins to download lol. Ahh well it just gives me more time get everything else I need to do tonight done first.

My VA pack says 5 minutes. You know, after resetting my Vita 3 times due to that download starting bug..

Top Bottom