• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

pantsmith

Are the preorder items tied to the language pack download?

I think theyre attached to the same code, but you don't need to download the Japanese v/o to use them.

I'm pretty sure they don't download, it just flags your psn (like a micro transaction) to pick it up via the multiplayer gift guy.

Zemm

200 minutes left for my download. My campus Internet picked a convenient time to not work correctly.

The Vita wifi is awful, I download everything onto the PS3 first then copy it across, still 10x faster than downloading on the Vita. Dunno if that's an option for you though.

micah

Argh I should've gone for release date delivery. Amazon has mine arriving on may 2nd. The wait will be horrendous. I'm debating getting the digital copy...

ZeroAKA

Blazing fast download speeds.
wI9VkZN.jpg

nampad

And from PSN? Do I need to dl the language pack to get any other preorder bonusses? And can we delete the language pack again?

No, it doesn't seem that you need to download the language pack to get the other preorder bonuses. Here is my download list from PSN:

Still wondering why I can't download the preorder entitlement.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No, it doesn't seem that you need to download the language pack to get the other preorder bonuses. Here is my download list from PSN:

Is that a PSN bought copy? I bought the game online just now but I dont have that entitlement package.

my download list only had the audio pack, and i still got the offerings.

Ah, okay.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My Vita is suddenly pausing the downloads when going in standby. Happened two times already, whats going on? Is there a setting for that?

Chris R

There is a demo for this in English right? Saw some video of it last year or early this year and it looked too similar to monster hunter for my liking, but a new vita game would be cool.

nampad

There is a demo for this in English right? Saw some video of it last year or early this year and it looked too similar to monster hunter for my liking, but a new vita game would be cool.

Yes, but the online multiplayer of the demo is now deactivated.

Is that a PSN bought copy? I bought the game online just now but I dont have that entitlement package.

Ah, okay.

Yes, PSN preorder through webstore.

Toma

Someone download the audio pack and see what happens.

Sacrificing 500MB.

Yep.

Yes, PSN preorder through webstore.

Yeah, there werent "preorders" for the US, so thats why US people keep asking.

After importing my save I was quite surprised to see the required Lacrima jump to 100 to recover from using a black rite.

GRIND GRIND GRIND

well, it seems I did a terrible mistake, and delete the demo before downloading the full game XD. I need to learn to read,well, in any case I didnt had much free space left.

Toma

Correct =/

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edit: I just noticed it doesnt work when the Vita goes in standby itself, but the download continues when I manually put the Vita in standby with a short press of the power button.

So I'm debating finally getting a Vita for this bad boy. Though I've heard mixed things on the game. Some say Monster Hunter, others say adventure. Trying to get a clearer picture on this :D What say you all?

The online is mostly Monster Hunter minus the exploration and gathering aspects. The gameplay is much faster paced though and there are of course various differences, but it's the same type of game. It's not really adventure like.

It does have a single player game with very good production values and at least the first chapter was pretty interesting.

ReaperXL7

So after much debating with myself a bit the bullet and bought SS its downloading right now, so if anyone would like to add me on psn feel free to do so, my psn id is ReaperXL7

The only game of this type I could ever get into was God Eater Burst, so heres hoping I enjoy this one too. I did like the demo quite abit.

jwk94

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edit: I just noticed it doesnt work when the Vita goes in standby itself, but the download continues when I manually put the Vita in standby with a short press of the power button.

Wait what? You can get it to work by just putting it on standby normally? Or by holding down the power button longer than you normally would?

Toma

Wait what? You can get it to work by just putting it on standby normally? Or by holding down the power button longer than you normally would?

Nope, it worked by pressing the power button for a very short time to put it to sleep manually. But apparently it doesnt work when you dont touch the Vita and the screen goes off by itself.

Edit: Just confirmed again, definitely works.

jwk94

Nope, it just worked by pressing the power button for a very short time to put it to sleep manually. But apparently it doesnt work when you dont touch the Vita and the screen goes off by itself.

Edit: Just confirmed again, definitely works.

Lucky. Mine doesn't work in Standby period.

So i bought the game on PSN...is the pre-order DLC included in the Japanese Voice Pack or how does this work?

No, when you bought the game the online pass and bonuses are tied to your account. Go to ps store --> services. There will be your soul sacrifice online "pass" and pre order incentives.

Mine downloads fine when putting it into standby, but many other users are reporting a problem when doing it.

The Vita wifi is awful, I download everything onto the PS3 first then copy it across, still 10x faster than downloading on the Vita. Dunno if that's an option for you though.

Weird, for me it's the opposite. Get around 2/3 MBs where on the PS3 I get like 200 KBs.

Grinchy

Banned
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That's what I noticed too....after like the 5th time it paused (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lucent

Sweet, downloading now. :)

Edit: Web store says it's 546MB. Got the game confused with the Japanese voice-over pack?

Yep. I just saw that after buying it. So before I install, I wonder if anyone knows if the extra costumes and spells are in that pack or in the game download? Because if it's in the game download I won't use up the space for 546mb. =/

JJD

Woo I grabbed a physical copy this AM and have been playing it a bit this afternoon. So many cool things in the game, ahhhh :)

I can confirm one tiny thing:

Only up to 10 of each type of offering will move over. I think I had 14 or so of the healing seeds (I think that's what they are called) but only 10 came over. So boost them or loose them!

Feel free to add me, I'm PsySal on PSN.

EDIT: Other than that, just start the full game up, choose "new game", it will detect your saved demo (don't delete it until you move it over) and ask if you want to use that. You get three slots in the full game.

I just need to download the game, and it will automatically load my demo save?

I was hoping I could delete the demo first since I'm short on memory card space...

Toma

Just started it up and got to the peddler. He offers me a Casket of Hope (Dancer) and and a Casket of the adept (Spirits Flamepike, spirits fulgurwood) Is that the preorder bonus or from importing the demo? And if its only one of those, how do I get the other one (Preorder or demo incentive)?

Shai-Tan

Banned
I think he's asking if the game loads it then don't need the demo anymore. Like how you can load the Golden Abyss save in Fight for Fortune then delete Golden Abyss.

ZeroAKA

Just started it up and got to the peddler. He offers me a Casket of Hope (Dancer) and and a Casket of the adept (Spirits Flamepike, spirits fulgurwood) Is that the preorder bonus or from importing the demo? And if its only one of those, how do I get the other one (Preorder or demo incentive)?
Both are pre-order bonuses. Start a new game and import your demo save file.

Toma

Both are pre-order bonuses. Start a new game and import your demo save file.

Already did. Where should I find them? (I am talking about the extra content that you get from playing the demo)

Shoyz

I think he's asking if the game loads it then don't need the demo anymore. Like how you can load the Golden Abyss save in Fight for Fortune then delete Golden Abyss.

Not if he's saying he needs to download the game and hopes to delete the demo first!..I think.

Am I crazy or are cats faster now? I don't have time to pull out my spears for a counter. New strat is to freeze them, lightning, then use another ice path right when they jump.

JJD

The demo /is/ your demo save.

Don't delete your demo, or you'll lose your demo save.

Grab the content manager assistant and copy things to your PC first if you need to. You can get it here:

http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/

It works fabulously well, basically just install it on your PC and then plug your Vita in. You then do all your file copies/etc. right from the Vita. So you can just clear something else off temporarily until you get a new game started in the full version. Then you can delete the demo and just copy back whatever you had on there before.

You can also back up the demo which will back up your demo save (might as well do this.)

OK! Thanks guys!

Top Bottom