• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Did that include the costumes and the JP VO?

Haven't entered it yet, was just backing up demo save to PS3 in preparation.

Here is the verbiage:

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing 'Soul Sacrifice' for PlayStation Vita. Your purchase has qualified you for the 'Soul Sacrifice' Pre-order Bonus Bundle.

How to redeem your code (See 'Your promotional code' above):

Step 1: Visit http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action
Step 2: Log in with your PlayStation Network information, if necessary, and click 'Redeem Prepaid Card'
Step 3: Enter your promotional code, click “Continue” and then “Redeem code”
Step 4: Your code will be available when you next use your PlayStation 3 console
OR
Step 1: On your PlayStation Vita, create a PlayStation Network account (or login using an existing PlayStation Network account)
Step 2: From the PlayStation Vita home menu, select the PS Store icon
Step 3: Select the 'Redeem Codes' icon
Step 4: Enter your promotional code and follow instructions to download

Lucent

lol. which reminds me to add you on PSN now.
blehh.. Finals... say save the game for later or it'll sacrifice my grades

Yeah my last week for the semester is next week. Getting there. But I only have two classes left and one of them I'm allowed to ditch the final if I wanted because I have an A in it regardless of whether or not I take it. I might still take it though...might.

CrovaxPSO

If anyone who ordered from Amazon didn't receive their code yet, go ahead and contact customer support. I got impatient earlier and they looked it up for me and in 30 seconds I had put it in PSN and started the downloads. Since it can take up two 2 days they say, if it hasn't come yet you might as well contact them.

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone know how the Chest of Fortune works? I haven't actually tried it and the description is kinda hard for me to understand.

side note, the ice wolf fang is awesome

Agent, when are we slaughtering the masses?
whenever you'd like to begin just invite me.

I'm just chill in' in the single player right now, and doing missions over which I think I can do better.

every couple of missions I check my live area to see what everyone's doing, lol.

I always thought live area was really cool, but this game made me love it.

Lucent

whenever you'd like to begin just invite me.

I'm just chill in' in the single player right now, and doing missions over which I think I can do better.

every couple of missions I check my live area to see what everyone's doing, lol.

I always thought live area was really cool, but this game made me love it.

Yeah I never really used it until this game. I'm gonna playing this a little later tonight though.

wilflare

I remember reading ZeroAKA posts on how the full game changed some things from the demo...

any updates on that?

clearing space to download the full game now (woe.. 32GB isn't enough)

ZeroAKA

I remember reading ZeroAKA posts on how the full game changed some things from the demo...

any updates on that?
Some of the things I've seen:

- At least one of the fusions are different (Treefiend Entrails).
- Avalon Pacts are completely different, so you lose half of your AI partners from the demo.
- Black Rites max out at 100 Lacrima to repair instead of 50 in the demo.

Lucent

any updates on that?

clearing space to download the full game now (woe.. 32GB isn't enough)

My friend said it takes 100 lacrima to recover a black rite now. And an Irondrake Egg repair cost 12 instead of 6. And I think ZeroAKA said now it takes Giant Green Arm to make a tree golem instead of just green arm.

EDIT: Beaten.

Don't forget about me your pope.

No forgetting -- I just want to see if we're going to group up or keep being absorbed in the single player. :)

Does anyone know how the Chest of Fortune works? I haven't actually tried it and the description is kinda hard for me to understand.

side note, the ice wolf fang is awesome

Yes.
You use it like a normal spell.
I then picks another spell on you or your ally and does that.
It could become a giant arm. It could be a healing seed. It could be a homing missle attack, it could be a golem.

Then next time you use it, it re-picks a spell at random.
Repeat until out of offerings.

--
I still want to know how to do this trophy:
Use What You Can
Unleashed 4 spells with no offerings equipped in one pact.

Anyone?

--

I can set up a room now, but I already did the first Avalon pact solo... not sure how it works for places where it forks -- I really don't want to have to fight with that again, but I know the order that it should be done in now, so I guess I could.
Do you guys want me to host the room and send out the invite?

hitmon

Haven't entered it yet, was just backing up demo save to PS3 in preparation.

Here is the verbiage:

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing 'Soul Sacrifice' for PlayStation Vita. Your purchase has qualified you for the 'Soul Sacrifice' Pre-order Bonus Bundle.

How to redeem your code (See 'Your promotional code' above):

Step 1: Visit http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action
Step 2: Log in with your PlayStation Network information, if necessary, and click 'Redeem Prepaid Card'
Step 3: Enter your promotional code, click “Continue” and then “Redeem code”
Step 4: Your code will be available when you next use your PlayStation 3 console
OR
Step 1: On your PlayStation Vita, create a PlayStation Network account (or login using an existing PlayStation Network account)
Step 2: From the PlayStation Vita home menu, select the PS Store icon
Step 3: Select the 'Redeem Codes' icon
Step 4: Enter your promotional code and follow instructions to download

Thanks, I contacted CS and they gave me one code. When checking the code without redeeming, it only mentions the magic items.

- At least one of the fusions are different (Treefiend Entrails.
I believe the treefiend fusion from the demo was actually a weaker version than the one we have now. they probably just wanted to let us try out a few without paying a high cost. while they raised the cost, were also getting golems just by playing story missions.

- Avalon Pacts are completely different, so you lose half of your AI partners from the demo.
I guess I don't feel so bad about not spending time on affinity anymore.

Holy crap, the Flamefiend Mask that dropped as a Martyr reward from
Illecebra
is crazy powerful. Turns you into a golem o_O
I've got the ice version of that. I didn't even know there was casts that took 2 people.

@corrosivefrost ready when you are, and open to doing any pacts

Grinchy

Banned
Yes.
You use it like a normal spell.
I then picks another spell on you or your ally and does that.
It could become a giant arm. It could be a healing seed. It could be a homing missle attack, it could be a golem.

Then next time you use it, it re-picks a spell at random.
Repeat until out of offerings.

Thanks! Wow that sounds very strange. I noticed it can be fused into other stuff too.

Zoe

So if the Japanese pack has to be activated through the book, does that mean we can't go through the beginning of the game in Japanese?

wilflare

for those wanting to check whether they got their Preorder goodies (Digital Purchase)

the Japanese Voice DLC
- this should show with Soul Sacrifice in the Download List

the Costumers/Offering Preorder Incentives
- this should show in the Services List

hope it helps for some of you! haha

PS any idea what kind of things appear in the Services List? I looked around and it seemed entirely random...

so you guys are playing the game online right? is it because you went digital, because you're in the US or because i'm doing something wrong?

because for me euroretail guy it's still service disabled mode.

Salaadin

I never gave the demo a fair shot because of monster hunter taking over my life but I finally played some today since the dull version came out. This is really fun so far.
Cant wait to get more into it and start playing online.

This is full fledged online, right? Not ad hoc crap?

Lucent

--
I still want to know how to do this trophy:
Use What You Can
Unleashed 4 spells with no offerings equipped in one pact.

Anyone?

That sounds like going in to a mission without any offerings equipped and using only the offerings that you find on the map. The limited use ones.

I never gave the demo a fair shot because of monster hunter taking over my life but I finally played some today since the dull version came out. This is really fun so far.

Yeah there's an option for both. Ad Hoc AND Wi-Fi. =D

ZeroAKA

The game keeps giving me the "cannot join room" error. Sorry guys, give my spot to someone else. :(

On the bright side, I'll be done with classes/finals in a week. My home Wifi should be much better.

Edit: Lol, it finally worked.

JJD

How do I redeem the pre order outfits and spell?

Bought the game but only the japanese voice over track is on my download list...

wilflare

no ad hoc crap. you're gonna love it online :D

jorgeton

Just joined a room with Nikki Minaj and Taylor swift. Was booted for not being a celeb :( I'm starting a room. Anyone want in?

Bought the game but only the japanese voice over track is on my download list...

It's included when you redeem it, don't have to download the Japanese voices. When you get in game, go to the network section and then Peddler and redeem the gifts.

Lucent

Talk to the book. Go to Network. Go to Peddler. Go to Claim Prize or whatever. Claim the stuff that pops up.

Top Bottom