• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

hitmon

woah, woah, woah!!!

WAIT.

I just read some reviews from various sites for this game and from what I can understand this is a Monster Hunter "clone" right? I don't mean that in a bad way. (I'm being serious) I mean to say that are MH and SS are the same genre?

This sounds amazing.

Kenji Infune doing a Monster Hunter style game?! I only wish I would have known sooner.

So, GAF

Would you guys agree? Also. If it is like MH in what ways? Honestly--What things does it do better, what worse? Please take theme, setting, music, ect into account as well game "play" (mechanics, control, ect)

I actually like Soul Sacrifice better than MH. It seems to play faster which I like.

Teknoman

So...is it better to just save avalon quests for MP? So much stuff open to me now. I know years later on Magusar's side has to be the story continuation.

micah

give Amazon a call. they are very good on getting things that you should have gotten so don't worry :)

Gave them a ring this time. Same result; stated it was "Escalated to Promotions" and I should hear back from them soon. Guess I'll I can do is wait and see. Usually they're very good about emailing the promo stuff. Hopefully its just taking a long time or something.

Just beat
Jack 'O Lantern.
I like how the game doesn't hold your hand, but expects you to learn the basic mechanics. Very pleased so far.

Do allies ever level up? Should I just sacrifice them for their spells since there are so many?

Edit: Also, do you get a special ending if you fight Magnsur early and get wrecked?

d0c_zaius

Alright, if anyone is online right now and wants to play I just made a room named Gaffin' and the pass is 7878.

maybe I missed this, but how did you get your online pass to download?

edit: sorry I should have clarified, I entered the code and it showed as purchased, but nothing downloads. this is the first time Ive had something happen like this.

yea when I click on it (it shows now as purchased), nothing happens and nothing gets added to my DL list. Was hoping they fixed it by now.

Did you get your online pass to work?

It's not on the download list. It's on the service list. Anyhow, I can't enter online (EU), service unavailable.

yea when I click on it (it shows now as purchased), nothing happens and nothing gets added to my DL list. Was hoping they fixed it by now.

Did you get your online pass to work?

I could be making things up and it could be like the pre order dlc in that it just activates. Then again I imagine you tried going online

Foxix Von

Still room open in our Gaffin' lobby. Pass is 7878.

8D I suck so bad hahah

It's weird that there's no voice chat in the game but the party chat is integrated into the game so you can still see who's talking o_O

Teknoman

Are there some Avalon quests that are only available via MP?

I really dont know if I should just keep messing with Avalon stuff, go into Magusar's past, check out the other sorcerer quests.

ReaperXL7

Shields really dont seem that helpful, unless the better/bigger versions stun enemies longer.

They are against some monsters, the ice shields for instance have been very useful to me when fighting the Jack o lanterns.

All I can say is I am glad I bought this, the single player stuff is really good, but the multiplayer is really something else, game is pretty fantastic and I am not usually one for multiplayer. The Golems are pretty bad ass aswell.

Now all Iwould need is God Eater 2 to come out here and i would be set until Soul Sacrifice 2 comes along.

Shields really dont seem that helpful, unless the better/bigger versions stun enemies longer.

It is much more helpful than a roll though for some bosses. The Elven Queen, for example, when goes horizontal and comes after you she is relentless, but a sheild puts a quick end to it. Also shields can help a lot online. Even makes grouping up and healing together easier, since those not healing can use shields to prevent interruptions.

Teknoman

It is much more helpful than a roll though for some bosses. The Elven Queen, for example, when goes horizontal and comes after you she is relentless, but a sheild puts a quick end to it. Also shields can help a lot online. Even makes grouping up and healing together easier, since those not healing can use shields to prevent interruptions.

Hmm never thought about that. Was just thinking from an offensive perspective.

Speaking of which, Avalon quests are the only quests that can be done online as well right?

Shinta

Banned
Alright, just got it digitally. It added the Japanese voice pack to my cart after purchase like you guys said. I didn't see the other DLC, but hopefully it's there somewhere.

Room:Gaffin'
Pass:7878

Join us mystical 4th player!

Are there any giant/puzzle bosses monsters in the game by the way? Like the one in Tri where you're on the desert cruiser, forget the name.

yella

Got home from work an hour ago and bought my digital copy. I'll probably need a day or two to get used to the game, especially since I only got up to beating the Jack o' Lantern boss in the demo.

GAT DAMN this game is everything I want in a PORTABLE experience:

- Menu specifically dedicated to just reading/swiping through the lore
- Mission structure that facilitates burst gaming
- actually thoughtful, well done touch interface that isn't intrusive besides swiping for tears
- Bite-size progression that you can just casually chip away at if need be. Not as time-sinky as say MoHun
- It's fast in regards to, like, everything (loading, combat, etc.) and immediately engages me

Overall SS stands as a game, like say Gravity Rush, that was really designed for the system and it shows.

<3<3<3<3

LOL So I just attempted to fight Magusar and got my ass handed to me. Well trying the final boss with little more than beginner spells was stupid anyways but it was fun.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Some Qs for anyone out there who can help a guy on the fence about picking this up:

- I'm in Japan, playing on a JP Vita using an EU PSN account. How will matchmaking be handled?

- Can you hook up with people on your friendlist easily? Is cross-region play possible, and is lag bearable?

- I'm considering getting a separate card for my JP account and related games. Would this be the recommended setup for online?

I'm liking the demo and know I'll enjoy the single-player experience, but the multiplayer seems to really be where it's at (long time MonHan fan here), and if anyone's in a similar situation or has some advice, it'd be much appreciated.

Yaska

Anyone in eu been able to download preorder entitlement pack? I can only download it to ps3 and it aint working heh. Other than that game is working and is fun.
Add me to your list:
Yaska - Yaskael (PSN-EU)

Top Bottom