• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

wiggleb0t

Banned
what quest is this :O

gonna attempt Cerberus again with Magusar, wish me luck

EDIT: nvm... beat him.
lol Unscathed too @_@ what's wrong with me

Dood you're a machine! Well done

Picked my copy up yesterday am yet to check it out. Everyone changed to Japanese as preferred language/sound?

wilflare

It's Avalon Pact IV - Flaming Desert Heat. Nice job on Cerberus. :p

lol. fighting him the second time (he no longer spawns, he is just there)
and getting owned.. T_T
Magusar is useless and frustrating ugh

EDIT: game has a bug
Stonefiend Entrails has no... Element :/

leroidys

Wait, so how do you get the pre-order items? I put in my code and it listed the 2 preorder incentive packs and the Japanese voice tracks, but I didn't have enough room to download. I deleted some stuff, but the only thing in my download list is the Japanese voice pack.

wilflare

Wait, so how do you get the pre-order items? I put in my code and it listed the 2 preorder incentive packs and the Japanese voice tracks, but I didn't have enough room to download. I deleted some stuff, but the only thing in my download list is the Japanese voice pack.

go to
Librom -> Network -> Peddler -> Claim Gift
the two Caskets are your DLC costumes and spells

ReaperXL7

Well I decided to push through the last bit of story mode I have left and finally came to my first real brick wall with Illeceebra
when she turns into the spider queen thing and I have to fight her with maugsar I can barely even get near her most of the time to hit her, and then when I do she gos on a rampage and wrecks my shit

Think ill take a break from thay as she nearly made me break my Vita, anyone have any tips for her that could be useful, because Magusar is worthless.

Shoyz

We just had to kill a double Illecebra fight twice :x

When she's in chase mode spawn a golem and keep your shield out, just keep blocking her into it.

wilflare

seems like story mode will be a problem for me... if I'm having problems with a silly Cerberus...

doing some Avalon quests now... anyone got tips for Cyclops? I usually had to sacrifice everything + allies + Black Rites for this bugger

Shoyz

seems like story mode will be a problem for me... if I'm having problems with a silly Cerberus...

doing some Avalon quests now... anyone got tips for Cyclops? I usually had to sacrifice everything + allies + Black Rites for this bugger

Cyclops has to be the easiest boss to abuse Golems with.

Shinypogs

Golem ( when he's coming up from the ground attack) + ranged abilities, he's not that bad once you understand his attack pattern cycle.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've tested the new features added in one of the recent Japanese updates.

- The rumor system seems fun - the current two boost chances to get + and ++ souls.
- "Share" feature allows posting today's number of saves/sacrifices or the current arm level to twitter/facebook. Can be used once a day and it grants tears as a reward - I've got 110 tears for this tweet.
- "AR minigame" is a really simple game where you control your character summoned via the PS AR card as it collects souls which are then changed into tears (...5 of them). Not really that much fun.
Screenshot of the AR game:
MV0jOq6.jpg

yella

I sent invites to you guys. We could start a loner crew. I'm not a crazy high level and I've been taking the game a lot slower than the non-loner crew.

Wouldn't mind being a part of this crew too; I am not far at all though (just finished the Sortiara missions). I would be further, but I got distracted by Guacamelee lol. I'll definitely play some more this weekend though... probably on Sunday once I get some practice (and maybe some more progress) in.

Grinchy

Banned
what's your PSN? mine is wilfareus (had a typo and i can't change it :/)

oh crap i sent the invite to the one listed in your profile haha. If there's someone on PSN named wilflare, he is going to be very confused by my message

I just go by Grinchy, no typo.

wilflare

oh crap i sent the invite to the one listed in your profile haha. If there's someone on PSN named wilflare, he is going to be very confused by my message

I just go by Grinchy, no typo.

ohoh that's mine too.
it's Asia PSN.. :/
wilfareus is for my Vita.. US PSN haha darn Sony

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Love the game!! The lacrima system however is weak and sucks!!!

The fact that you have to recharge your magic and buy new charges in between fights is also very lame!

ReaperXL7

Probably am, whats the alternative?

Also make sure that your using your minds eye and use the enviromental offerings to rechare while fighting. If you break the spell during the quesy you have to renew it with Lacrima, if you keep it charged and dont let it break it will refresh when the quest is over.

Each offering is different though, some of the more powerful spells only have a few uses, where the weaker ones tend to have allot more.

Also sacrificing trash mobs will recharge your spells aswell.

bLaiSe

There are these sorcerers who are lying on the floor in the beginning of a few quests. Is it irreversible if I choose to save/sac them? They won't appear the next time on those quests...

Ken

When performing a Skillful attack is the damage amplified? Wondering if I should be doing them with a fast weak attack or a slow strong attack.

Is the bonus damage independent or dependent on the attacking causing SA?

kiyomi

This morning I got the non-story related hidden trophy
'Use What You Can'
but I have no idea why. Reading the description, it doesn't seem like I met those criteria at all. Is the trophy popping a bug or is the description misleading?

Cha

I think I'm close to the end of the main story now.
3 Days until the end of he world (Illecebra monster fight)
Loving every second of this game. I don't want the story to end so quickly ;_;

The story so far is surprisingly a pleasant read. Though, I do wish Librom would just shut up after every chapter. He really gets annoying when he talks about what you've just read.

Edit: Also, should have went full chaos on my first playthgrough - It feels like the story would make more sense that way.
It's weird having a Divine Arm, but hearing about the bloodlust in your right arm

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I think I'm close to the end of the main story now.
3 Days until the end of he world (Illecebra monster fight)
Loving every second of this game. I don't want the story to end so quickly ;_;

The story so far is surprisingly a pleasant read. Though, I do wish Librom would just shut up after every chapter. He really gets annoying when he talks about what you've just read.
Don't worry, you're not as far as you think.

Unlocking some of these Avalon Pacts can be tricky. Who knew you had to go back to Pact I and redo the Harpy quest to unlock the next set of quests for IV?

Drame

FINALLY have it!

but 30 days + code doesnt work if you already have a sub?
Doesn't seem like it which is a shame.

Just wondering: can you really sacrifice Magusar during story missions?

He's really slowing my Cerberus farming down as he just keeps dying most of the time.

Zemm

Yes you can sacrifice him, but you can't continue the story until you undo his death with lacrima, as I found out the hard way.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i just died after trying to fight him, i did it for shits and giggles after loading demo save data. guess ill let the title scroll for a free trophy.

edit: didnt get a trophy. trolled.

Number45

Has anyone that pre-ordered from UK/EU PSN managed to get their bonus goodies yet? No gifts from the peddler yet for me. :-(

J0dy77

I'm on the fence about buying the game, someone push me over the edge. Played the demo for a bit, wasn't thrilled. I did love Monster Hunter on the PSP and would love a similar experience. The book voice and dialogue annoyed me right out of the gate, I'm thinking the game gets a lot more fun and deep as you go. Are the maps bigger then the initial demo?

Yaska

Has anyone that pre-ordered from UK/EU PSN managed to get their bonus goodies yet? No gifts from the peddler yet for me. :-(

Eu here and got em. Trick is you need to add preorder licenses separately to get them from peddler. Click the psn store link in soul sacrifice window. Should list network pass and 2 other packs. After that you can get them from peddler.

Cha

One of the story boss' spoiler rant
Illecebra, why do you hate me so?! So sure that last night she was Fire element, so today I equipped all ice. But during the fight she was all icey.
"Oops, my mistake", I thought to myself, and changed to Volt.
Get back to the fight, and guess what... she's all volty!!
Figured you just have to guess what you're gonna be up against :/

There's an "element of surprise" joke in there somewhere. This game keeps delivering.

Edit: Oh, seems there are more tricks up her sleeve.

Top Bottom