• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Sounds good.

PS3 or 360? Does it matter? I modded my stick because of all the exclusive PS3 characters coming to SFxTekken, so the PS3 version is a legitimate option if there are exclusive characters that make it worth going with.

GrayFoxPL

Sounds good.

PS3 or 360? Does it matter? I modded my stick because of all the exclusive PS3 characters coming to SFxTekken, so the PS3 version is a legitimate option if there are exclusive characters that make it worth going with.

No exclusive characters, but PS3 has replay uploads and direct screenshots in character creation.

No exclusive characters, but PS3 has replay uploads and direct screenshots in character creation.

alrightey then. I can't say I've ever uploaded game replays or wanted to. Hmmm.

I'll probably go PS3, if for no other reason than to use my newly modified stick. It also seems like many GAFers are using it, so yea.

Esura

Banned
Tried out replay upload feature.

I feel giddy like a schoolgirl for 2 reasons:
1. It's the first time ever I uploaded a video to the net.
2. First time I see "myself" in online video.

Here we go.

SOULCALIBUR V Ranked match: GrayFoxPL(DevilJin) vs JB-10(Natsu)

SOULCALIBUR V Ranked match: GrayFoxPL(DevilJin) vs DRUNKnMunky00(Mitsurugi)

I'm giggling. "Mom I'm on TV!" :D

Oh, my upload speed is so slow it took me 40 minutes to upload those, lol.

The videos I uploaded onto my channel was the first videos I ever uploaded to my four year old Youtube account as well and I was pretty excited about it like you are. They were all losses at first but I didn't care. I had that "Mom I'm on TV!" syndrome too.

I'll check your videos out, and yes upload speeds are ungodly slow for me too.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Question: on the 360 side is there individual button configuration for 1p and 2p controllers? We are playing offline versus, I set my config on the 2p side, then when my friend went back to single player online, his 1p config was the custom config I set... for my side. His own custom button config was gone.

Yet his config wasn't changed during the versus fight after I had set my buttons...

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Perhaps a blocking stance while holding back or back down. You don't even need to use to block input of course but I don't see how it would work differently in a 3D fighter. It's not like SCV plays different much anyway.

You'd be moving in the direction of the charge or immobile. Doesn't sound advantageous at all.

Question: on the 360 side is there individual button configuration for 1p and 2p controllers? We are playing offline versus, I set my config on the 2p side, then when my friend went back to single player online, his 1p config was the custom config I set... for my side. His own custom button config was gone.

Yet his config wasn't changed during the versus fight after I had set my buttons...

I don't see it. I think one of you has to use and config Type A, and the other Type B.

GrayFoxPL

The videos I uploaded onto my channel was the first videos I ever uploaded to my four year old Youtube account as well and I was pretty excited about it like you are. They were all losses at first but I didn't care. I had that "Mom I'm on TV!" syndrome too.

I'll check your videos out, and yes upload speeds are ungodly slow for me too.

Yeah, awesome feeling. I'll appreciate your input on the vids.

I watched your ranked vids, I knew you would own those guys, your pressure game is crazy.
I fought Pyrra similar to yours but he was much slower and I still had problems.

Anybody got any links to high level play of Viola or Leixia? I'm kinda unfamiliar to the whole competitive scene in SC and I'm having a hard time finding any videos on youtube ( mainly in regards to Viola).

DR2K

Banned
Well I haven't played SC since the early months of SC4.

I did enjoy it for the most part. Is V worth picking up? Is there a general opinion about the game amongst GAF?

also, are there special characters for the 360 or PS3 version that make one worth owning over the other if you have both systems? I'm as far out of the SC loop as anyone can be, so any insight will be appreciated.

Faster, more beginner friendly, solid netcode, but very light on the single player options. Ezio is the only guest character for both. PS3, because you can upload replays to youtube.

It's hard to justify this for $60 if you want more than just a solid fighter, I jumped in this early because of the Target deal, but you can definitely wait for a lower price.

Loving the game so far, 20 hours or so in. Really hope it has legs online. Anyway, are there any online guides / resources out there outside of 8wayrun?

I suck like crap at this game. How do I defend or even get an attack in? I am using Astaroth and everyone online attacks so fast (Xiba everywhere... argh), I cannot do anything in a match. :/

Dead Man

I suck like crap at this game. How do I defend or even get an attack in? I am using Astaroth and everyone online attacks so fast (Xiba everywhere... argh), I cannot do anything in a match. :/

Yeah, I am getting my arse handed to me. I don't really have the time I'd like any more, and this old dog is not real good at learning new tricks. Oh well, still fun!

sleepykyo

This I "Hates" You player on the Norcal streams seems to have a solid Astaroth.

Faster, more beginner friendly, solid netcode, but very light on the single player options. Ezio is the only guest character for both. PS3, because you can upload replays to youtube.

It's hard to justify this for $60 if you want more than just a solid fighter, I jumped in this early because of the Target deal, but you can definitely wait for a lower price.

understood. thanks man.

Esura

Banned
Yeah, awesome feeling. I'll appreciate your input on the vids.

I watched your ranked vids, I knew you would own those guys, your pressure game is crazy.
I fought Pyrra similar to yours but he was much slower and I still had problems.

Thanks for the compliment.

I must say I thought I was watching a Tekken match for a minute. Your combos was sick. AND your CaS Jin is pretty cool. I think I may be the only SCV player out who haven't made a character yet. I just don't know what to make...yet.

kiryogi

Banned
Thanks for the compliment.

I must say I thought I was watching a Tekken match for a minute. Your combos was sick. AND your CaS Jin is pretty cool. I think I may be the only SCV player out who haven't made a character yet. I just don't know what to make...yet.
I still want to face your Pyrrha D: Esp since we're the only two in PSN Gaf and in contrast I use Omega XD

Anyone playing on PSN right now? I could jump on and play a few games, I need it after the night I've been having (was in a car accident, not fun).

alstein

Don't let them start their offense. If they do, block and counter when you think you can, even if it's something small. Throw is one of your fastest attacks.

Top Bottom